Folger's Extravagant Swatch Thread

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Anyone notice how scream disappeared when Corona started hitting the u.s.? Kinda odd. He did the same thing when our website was hacked.

Coincidence?

Paging M4F

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Bullshit Folder grab some guns were about to boogaloo.

giphy.gif
Bro I would totally but they're sold out everywhere and I don't own any guns because they all sank on that boat during a fishing trip.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Sup big Dom. Hope you're doing good today.

Yeah man, I'm good. Just got back from the grocery store and the shelves are all looking healthy and nobody was coughing. Other than the one dude that just dropped dead and started to twitch: Saul Goodman

• 1Worf

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
I give full permission for this to be used. Listening to one of the stories reminded me of something that happened to me a long time ago.

Note: This all happened in the late 70s. Way before cell phones, Political Correctness and before parents did everything short of putting a lo-jack up their kids ass to keep track of them. It was a time when People willfully segregated themselves and women were still considered weird for not wanting to be just moms and housewives.

When I was (I think) 8, I was sitting on a bench, under a blooming cherry tree, near a well known playground in Golden Gate Park in San Francisco. I was drawing on a sketch pad, just minding my own business. Then, along comes a girl (who happened to be black - this is important), about 11, who sat next to me for a few moments before saying, 'I want to draw. Gimme that pad!'

She then tried to snatch it from me. But, being the victim of bullying, I recognized the signs and wrapped my arms around the pad and yelled, 'NO!'

Unfortunately, my yell attracted the girls Creature of a mother, who came over to us and basically said that because her kid wanted my drawing pad, I should 'give it to her. Right now!' No cajoling, no negotiating. Just 'NOW!'

Let me pause for a bit to describe this woman: she was thin and tall (at least to me, but now I think she was only 5'6"), with an Afro, big hoop earrings, a tye-die-ish, long sleeved shirt, tied just under her breasts and the classic bellbottom jeans with sneakers. She had on lots of makeup and big false eyelashes that had to be at least an inch long. She actually would've been pretty, if not for the I SMELL SHIT look on her face.

Again I yelled, 'NO!' LEAVE ME ALONE. YOU CANT HAVE MY SKETCH PAD!'

My open defiance resulted in the Creature bending over me and threatening to 'yank my stringy hair out and slap the shit out of me' if I didn't 'DO AS I WAS TOLD!'

I just curled into a ball, closed my eyes, crying and screamed, 'NO!' over and over (It never occurred to me to run, but I ho setly think if I had, they probably would've caught me).

Well, this made the Creature very mad, so she started to grab a handful of my hair (as her bitch daughter laughed) and was just about to yank on it....When she suddenly......just wasn't there! (she did pull a little of my hair out when she 'disappeared', causing me to yelp in pain).

I opened my eyes to see the Creature on the ground, looking up, fear etched accross her and her daughters faces as she looked up at.....my dad.

Dad had gone to the bathroom and mom (who was supposed to be watching me) had run into a friend and was talking to them and smoking a cigarette about 40 ft away(I hated cigarette smoke and she knew it). Because of all the noisy kids around hadn't heard me yelling (she got majorly chewed out for not watching me and was very apologetic to me and never made that mistake again. Mom wasnt a bad mom - she was actually a great mom - she just dropped the ball on this one).

Dad, upon comming back, had seen the Creature looming over me and then grab my hair. So he sprinted to us and slammed into the Creature, knocking her on her ass and then stood over her, with the most rage filled face I'd ever seen on my dad.

The Creature, for her part, just sat there, stunned and staring up at my dad, silent (pretty sure she'd put 2 and 2 together and figured out who he was).

Dad, eventually, thru clenched teeth, ground out, 'what....the FUCK.....were you doing....to my CHILD.... There was enough venom in his voice to kill an entire zoo's worth of animals. I was surprised Creature and her spawn didn't drop dead right there.

The Creature said nothing for a moment, but then (due to either bravery or stupidity), finally spoke.

'How could I know she was your kid? She looks white!'

For the record I'm Latina-Scottish- mom's Schottish and dad's a dark-skinned Nicaraguan.

Dad's glare - if possible - got even more rage filled.

'And what the FUCK does that have to do with ANYTHING!?' He snarled.

I saw the Creature swallow hard before continuing, 'we'd have never messed with her if we'd known she wasn't a WHITE GIRL!' She said it as if if it somehow excused her and her daughter attempting to hurt and steal from a small child. It was both revolting and pathetic.

Dad took a deep breath (probably to keep from kicking the Creature in the face) and said the following: 'So you think it's OK to hurt a child just because of her color? You fucking......RACIST...... Cunt! It's NEVER OK to harm a child! ANY child! Your 'Excuse' is fucking BULLSHIT and both you and your kid are pieces of shit! And the ONLY reason I don't kick your fucking head until it breaks open, is because I don't want to go to jail! Now get the fuck out of here before I change my fucking mind decide to take my chances with the cops!'

Dad then (not coincidentally) pulled her up by her Afro (she had a considerable one), then threw her away from him like she was covered in maggots.

The Creature stumbled, called him a cocksucker (When she was out of striking distance), then she and her walking fucktrophy ran away as fast as they could.

Dad picked me up (I was still crying), asked if I was ok and after i said 'yeah', asked if I wanted to go to the ice cream store near oir house to get a banana split. By this point mom had come back and asked what had happened(all of it had happened in just a few minutes, but to me it felt like hours). Dad still in rage mode, snapped at her for leaving me alone and carried me all the way back to the car.

Never saw The Creature or her Spawn again, even though I went to the park many, many times and I was very glad of it.
And I did get my Bananna split.

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Corona is real slowing going. Time to find something else to obsess over.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
iannis iannis I'm getting a cat today or tomorrow. Hes one year old. Apparently he's been at the shelter for a year since he was a kitten. No one's wanted to adopt him because he's all black. I said that's racist and immediately applied to adopt.

Suggestions on kitty litter? Unfortunately I don't have a great place to put the box so it'll go in the bathroom..
Congratulations on the cat! I didn't see any pics though, and you've clearly got the time, so post some pics god dammit!

As for your litter question, I try to spread this gospel anytime anyone asks me. Go to a feed store/ranch supply type place and buy Chick Start. It might be called something different, but it is literally baby chicken feed. You get a 50 lb bag of it for around $15 here in shithole California. It works just like top-of-the-line clumping litter, for way less cost. And technically it is biodegradable and all that other shit. You could even flush it down the toilet without worry, unlike clumping and clay litter. I wouldn't, but you could if you did a little at a time.

I know it sounds weird, but it works, and I've been using it for well over a decade. I got the idea when my sister went to a cat shelter that was basically some lady's barn. She had dozens of cats running around and didn't want to buy a shitton of litter, so she used the baby chicken feed. And in my opinion it smells way better than regular litter.

You do have to be careful how and where you store it, as it is literally food even though it looks like tiny pieces of gravel. If you let it get wet it will mold, and if you leave it outside and not tightly sealed, bugs will get into it to eat it, lay their eggs, etc. But I keep it inside right near the litter box with just the bag rolled closed securely, and it never has any problems.

Anyway, whatever you do, enjoy the cat! Cats are the best. Take pics!

• 1Like

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Congratulations on the cat! I didn't see any pics though, and you've clearly got the time, so post some pics god dammit!

As for your litter question, I try to spread this gospel anytime anyone asks me. Go to a feed store/ranch supply type place and buy Chick Start. It might be called something different, but it is literally baby chicken feed. You get a 50 lb bag of it for around $15 here in shithole California. It works just like top-of-the-line clumping litter, for way less cost. And technically it is biodegradable and all that other shit. You could even flush it down the toilet without worry, unlike clumping and clay litter. I wouldn't, but you could if you did a little at a time.

I know it sounds weird, but it works, and I've been using it for well over a decade. I got the idea when my sister went to a cat shelter that was basically some lady's barn. She had dozens of cats running around and didn't want to buy a shitton of litter, so she used the baby chicken feed. And in my opinion it smells way better than regular litter.

You do have to be careful how and where you store it, as it is literally food even though it looks like tiny pieces of gravel. If you let it get wet it will mold, and if you leave it outside and not tightly sealed, bugs will get into it to eat it, lay their eggs, etc. But I keep it inside right near the litter box with just the bag rolled closed securely, and it never has any problems.

Anyway, whatever you do, enjoy the cat! Cats are the best. Take pics!

Thanks for the tips Void Void . Will give that a shot. Here's a pic. He does this thing with his tongue. Kinda funny. He's gotten used to my place pretty well now. He's super curious and always wants you to pet him. He just seems to ignore toys and follow me around wanting me to pet him. Have another batch of toys coming.. hopefully he doesn't just ignore them.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Thanks for the tips Void Void . Will give that a shot. Here's a pic. He does this thing with his tongue. Kinda funny. He's gotten used to my place pretty well now. He's super curious and always wants you to pet him. He just seems to ignore toys and follow me around wanting me to pet him. Have another batch of toys coming.. hopefully he doesn't just ignore them.
iannis iannis

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
In order to process multiple threads the OS runs the thread in turns, each one gets to run on an available core for a few milliseconds so over time all threads can progress.

If a thread has no CPU affinity it can happen that on the next turn it runs on a different core, so the thread technically runs on multiple cores, but only on one core at a time. To make it clear this means that at most it's processed as fast as a single core allows.

Because of this, when running a heavy thread on a dual core CPU the task manager may display both cores having a load around 50% giving the impression the thread runs on both cores simultaneously but this really means it runs on each one about 50% of the time.

iannis

Musty Nester
Give it a few weeks, he'll settle in, and start to get interested in toys.

The little plastic balls with bells in them seem to be a hit for most hunting cats.

• 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
They like feather on a stick too, but they get tired of it. takes about 5 minutes for them to just start attacking your hand instead.

What they REALLY like are usb cables.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
They like feather on a stick too, but they get tired of it. takes about 5 minutes for them to just start attacking your hand instead.

What they REALLY like are usb cables.
Haha. I have so many cables around. He hasn't touched them yet. Crossing my fingers..

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Our skin has three major layers, and those three layers are in turn divided into even more layers. The outermost layer is called epidermis, which roughly translates to "top layer skin".

New skin cells are formed in the bottom of the epidermis. The newly formed cells push older cells out towards the top layer. As the cells are pushed towards the surface, their chemical structure changes as they produce a protein called keratin. As the amount of keratin accumulates it forms what can be described as a web or mesh of protein, which hardens the cell. During this process, the cell begins to die.

By the time the cell reaches the outermost layer of our skin, it has completely hardened and died off. The lipid bi-layer is gone by now, and the keratin mesh isn't affected by soap.

Basically, your skin cells are evolutionary designed to work as a piece of armor, only on a much smaller scale.)

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Lawl Trump keeps dropping China in conference. Called in Chinese virus. Lolll

• 1Like

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Uber eats has a ridiculous mark-up on food that they take as cut from restaurants. Use bitesquad.