Folger's Extravagant Swatch Thread

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Foler, I need your expertise. I haven't worn a watch since college (so a long time), but I want to buy one from Egard in support of their pro-law enforcement video. Now, I'm not looking to break the bank here, and I'm going to have to buy my first shotgun this week too (because all it would take is a fucking Sacramento cop killing someone and I'd be right in the middle of it), so I'm wondering if there are any tips you might have about getting something decent but affordable. I know next to nothing about good watches.

www.egardwatches.com is their site, if it matters to you. I know it isn't probably the level you are accustomed to, but I want to support them and also try to get something fairly decent. Thanks!
Foler Foler Feeling kind of abandoned here in my time of need cat-bro. If you tell me that you fell asleep with your cat on you and couldn't move, I'll allow it.

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Foler, I need your expertise. I haven't worn a watch since college (so a long time), but I want to buy one from Egard in support of their pro-law enforcement video. Now, I'm not looking to break the bank here, and I'm going to have to buy my first shotgun this week too (because all it would take is a fucking Sacramento cop killing someone and I'd be right in the middle of it), so I'm wondering if there are any tips you might have about getting something decent but affordable. I know next to nothing about good watches.

www.egardwatches.com is their site, if it matters to you. I know it isn't probably the level you are accustomed to, but I want to support them and also try to get something fairly decent. Thanks!
Heres the tldr my man. You have two kinds of watches automatic (mechanical) and quartz (more of less a circuit board in a watch using a battery).

If you buy quartz I'd only pay a premium if the the glass is sapphire crystal - better for resisting scratches. Even then I'd honestly be hesitant to pay anything more than $200 for a watch with more or less what's probably a $2.50 circuit board inside.

Automatic on the other hand I'd pay more for but it depends on the brand and if im willing to pay for service. These days I'd probably only buy rolex, patek, maybe AP due to resale.

So unless your buying an automatic watch I'd just weigh if the price is worth paying for the look you want and if it has sapphire crystal glass.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Heres the tldr my man. You have two kinds of watches automatic (mechanical) and quartz (more of less a circuit board in a watch using a battery).

If you buy quartz I'd only pay a premium if the the glass is sapphire crystal - better for resisting scratches. Even then I'd honestly be hesitant to pay anything more than $200 for a watch with more or less what's probably a $2.50 circuit board inside.

Automatic on the other hand I'd pay more for but it depends on the brand and if im willing to pay for service. These days I'd probably only buy rolex, patek, maybe AP due to resale.

So unless your buying an automatic watch I'd just weigh if the price is worth paying for the look you want and if it has sapphire crystal glass.
Thanks, that basically answered my questions. I see that the top priced ones they have are automatic with sapphire glass, and the cheaper ones (that I'd probably end up getting) are quartz and not sapphire.

Thanks!

• 1Like

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Thanks, that basically answered my questions. I see that the top priced ones they have are automatic with sapphire glass, and the cheaper ones (that I'd probably end up getting) are quartz and not sapphire.

Thanks!
Ok the top priced ones are automatic but make sure you look into how their servicing infrastructure is. For a cheaper automatic I'd prob get it serviced local versus a dealer. For brands like omega it's that are subsidiary brands it's kind of a shit show. Rolex and patek you get good service but $$. So if you get automatic just make sure you have someone local to service it every 5-7 years and account that into the cost of owning

• 1Like

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
I got minus 94 hp, somehow. Odd.

I was having an issue with the addon after an update, and it's fixed now. You'll have to work off that debt somehow though...

giphy.gif

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Ordered a burrito, chips and guac

• 1Like

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Void Void iannis iannis

Meow has mastered somehow getting past 3 scat mats into my office. I think he's just gotten used to the shock they give... 😑

Have you guys found a good pet gate for doorways? Lots of mixed reviews on the ones I'm finding regarding cats being able to slip through or jump over.

• 1Brony

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Damnit man. When i go to take a crap in the morning is when meow decides to do his in the litter box right next to the toilet. Dude stinks it up so hard.

• 1Worf
  • 1Bullshit
Reactions: 1 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Void Void iannis iannis

Meow has mastered somehow getting past 3 scat mats into my office. I think he's just gotten used to the shock they give... 😑

Have you guys found a good pet gate for doorways? Lots of mixed reviews on the ones I'm finding regarding cats being able to slip through or jump over.
Wait. You actually think you can stop a cat from going wherever it wants? Ha!

I've never used a mat or a gate of any kind, nor do I close any doors. I even leave closet doors slightly ajar simply because you never know when the cat decided to get in there and then you leave for the day and he's trapped in there with no water and no place to piss/shit except all over your stuff.

Honestly, the best thing you can do is have a spot for him to lay down near you in the office, preferably in a sunny window so he can look outside and be entertained by that instead of you, but still be near you. And leave some toys laying around on the ground in that room in the hopes that he'll play with those instead of bother you. Other than Amira demanding to lay on the chair behind me (leaving only the front part for me), they don't bother me at my desk/computer anymore, because there are spots for them to lay down but still be close.

As for the bathroom-time shits, yeah that happens. My litter box isn't near the bathroom, but Fabio takes a giant shit in it almost every morning as I'm getting ready to leave so that I am greeted by that pleasant aroma before I walk out the door. Not much you can do about it except move the litter box or shit in a different bathroom (if you have one).

• 1Like

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Wait. You actually think you can stop a cat from going wherever it wants? Ha!

I've never used a mat or a gate of any kind, nor do I close any doors. I even leave closet doors slightly ajar simply because you never know when the cat decided to get in there and then you leave for the day and he's trapped in there with no water and no place to piss/shit except all over your stuff.

Honestly, the best thing you can do is have a spot for him to lay down near you in the office, preferably in a sunny window so he can look outside and be entertained by that instead of you, but still be near you. And leave some toys laying around on the ground in that room in the hopes that he'll play with those instead of bother you. Other than Amira demanding to lay on the chair behind me (leaving only the front part for me), they don't bother me at my desk/computer anymore, because there are spots for them to lay down but still be close.

As for the bathroom-time shits, yeah that happens. My litter box isn't near the bathroom, but Fabio takes a giant shit in it almost every morning as I'm getting ready to leave so that I am greeted by that pleasant aroma before I walk out the door. Not much you can do about it except move the litter box or shit in a different bathroom (if you have one).
He won't lay down man. He just walks all over my keyboard n shit. Playin games with me

• 1Worf