Folger's Extravagant Swatch Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
the area is also full of vermin. vermin in and out, poorly maintained 100-200 year old buildings. owner wont do anything. employees just taking paychecks, its not their job to chase rats or mice, they cant call an exterminor because they charge hundreds of dollars per rat/mouse. owner has to approve it. my area we had rats on my block. we called the city and the next day they sent somebody over and he found the holes and laid the poison. he also brought in a shitload of cats to kill what was left. within 2 weeks. nary a rat to be seen. my asshole neighbor is in florida and he rented out his house to like 5 or more families and they have rats all over biting the kids running inside the walls. landlord wont do shit. there was an "anonymous"(hi :) ) tip made to the city about it. they swooped in with a bunch of people and the landlord got a shitload of fines and it was amazing how fast the building was cleaned out of the rat/mouse problem. this video will help some, but it will mostly just close the business down because no way can the owner fix the infestation without going bankrupt. unless he does it himself, which isnt likely, it looks like a huge infestation.
Yeah. Having experienced living here now for half a decade I can honestly say that NY is really broken beyond repair. Its systemic. I attribute almost all of it to the closed shop rules. Union mindset permeates everything, even non-union activities. Its in the DNA here. Union wages means everything costs more. Everything costs more so unions get raises, Everything costs more. Non-Union shit charges pennies below non-union because everything costs more so there is no competition to break the cycle. People make 100k and are living hand to mouth because everything costs more. People making 75k in Mississippi live like a king. And no one, and I mean no one, gives a shit about the customer or doing a good job etc. There is ZERO expectation from anyone that employees will actually do any work. I have let employees go for not doing anything (as in not doing work) and they ask why I let them go and I say "for not doing your job" and they reply " yeah but why are you letting me go?"

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah. Having experienced living here now for half a decade I can honestly say that NY is really broken beyond repair. Its systemic. I attribute almost all of it to the closed shop rules. Union mindset permeates everything, even non-union activities. Its in the DNA here. Union wages means everything costs more. Everything costs more so unions get raises, Everything costs more. Non-Union shit charges pennies below non-union because everything costs more so there is no competition to break the cycle. People make 100k and are living hand to mouth because everything costs more. People making 75k in Mississippi live like a king. And no one, and I mean no one, gives a shit about the customer or doing a good job etc. There is ZERO expectation from anyone that employees will actually do any work. I have let employees go for not doing anything (as in not doing work) and they ask why I let them go and I say "for not doing your job" and they reply " yeah but why are you letting me go?"
my dad worked in NYC for decades and he made good money, it would be big time money if he had been working anywhere else, he was grossing over 100k in the 80s. we lived in NJ and everyone wanted a piece of his paycheck, state of NJ, the IRS. the city of New York taxes you too even if you dont live there. his commute was like 3 hours every day. he would drive to the train station and then take the train into the city, then subways. huge pain in the ass just to have the privilege of working in that shithole. when i was a kid i wouould take the train into the city with my frinds to go screw around. it was a dollar for the path train out of Newark. it was fun , but also pretty scary with all the bums and weirdos.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
my dad worked in NYC for decades and he made good money, it would be big time money if he had been working anywhere else, he was grossing over 100k in the 80s. we lived in NJ and everyone wanted a piece of his paycheck, state of NJ, the IRS. the city of New York taxes you too even if you dont live there. his commute was like 3 hours every day. he would drive to the train station and then take the train into the city, then subways. huge pain in the ass just to have the privilege of working in that shithole. when i was a kid i wouould take the train into the city with my frinds to go screw around. it was a dollar for the path train out of Newark. it was fun , but also pretty scary with all the bums and weirdos.
Its all a fucking illusion, to be honest. Vast majority of folks here have never lived anywhere else so they think this is "it". That dont understand the whole thing is a ponzi scheme of taxes, unions, and corruption. I lived in midtown in the 80's for about a year. It opened my eyes. I am here now just for the public schools which on LI are amazing. But, and this I have also learned, it is also a scheme. Yes I get 13 -15 kids in a class and multiple teachers, but i pay 10-12k a year in school taxes. That could be prep school tuition back in Florida and I get the same quality of education. Once you pull the curtain aside and see it for what it is you realize its all a house of cards.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
You're going to look styling and profiling in the latest fashion tread bro. Make sure it compliments your pista.
IMG_20211003_090400_187.jpg

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Boiling some bbq chicken thighs

• 1WTF

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
And before you ask yes they were extremely hot. No I didn’t give them my number. They’ll have to work for that.

• 1Worf

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Any you fellas ever chunk up da deuce of the boys of the south?

• 1WTF