Fondest Memory of MMOs

Louis

Trakanon Raider
For the people that were discussing 7th hammer earlier. Kobold turned into Dilligence. Anytime they would enter a zone they would say grr bark bark or w/e the fuck like some db's. I was in Forged Souls and dealing with TDE was pretty ass to deal with. Had cool people in there, but Ranadin was a pretty big dick.

BubbySoup

Golden Knight of the Realm
Holgresh beads for necros was awesome! I could lifetap and get health back when the boss or whatever was Magic immune. Looking at you Emperor.
I think I still have mine. There used to be a bug with them - if you faced a wall and cast the eye, it would randomly pop anywhere in the zone. Used to be very handy in places like NToV if you wanted to see what was up.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I had a mana stone. Fucking thing was epic, even after 5+ expansions. Those ultra rare loots (fungi staff, fungi tunic, mana stone, etc.) is what made the game so god damn addicting.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
For the people that were discussing 7th hammer earlier. Kobold turned into Dilligence. Anytime they would enter a zone they would say grr bark bark or w/e the fuck like some db's. I was in Forged Souls and dealing with TDE was pretty ass to deal with. Had cool people in there, but Ranadin was a pretty big dick.
Kabald. Grrr. Bark. Bark. Grrr.

The necro cap was the quest for Iksars (maybe others could get it too?) that was left broken for years. I made it and it was a 10s casting time dot that leeched back some health. Good for the opening cast.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I had a mana stone. Fucking thing was epic, even after 5+ expansions. Those ultra rare loots (fungi staff, fungi tunic, mana stone, etc.) is what made the game so god damn addicting.
At what point did they nerf the Manastone? I do remember they restricted it to old world zones only. Up to that point, they were godly.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
At what point did they nerf the Manastone? I do remember they restricted it to old world zones only. Up to that point, they were godly.
I think it was nerfed around the time epic weapons came into the picture. I had a manastone from lower guk prior to them removing the drop. It sat in my bank untouched until I completed the epic, and as a result I was never able to use it in Kunark.

They might have removed it when people were learning Venril Sathir or Trakanon, but it definitely didn't last terribly long into Kunark.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
P sure manastone never worked in kunark. I used to buy them up all the time for re selling in late class/early kunark. Think they announced no manastones before Kunark was live.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Clickie effects and buffs are what made itemization great, the decision not to retroactively nerf them simply recognized their value. Tradeable item design fueling a player driven economy was icing on the cake.

That was quickly killed the first time casters tried usinghttp://www.wowhead.com/item=13143/ma...he-dragon-lordand the buff disappeared as soon as you unequipped the item. Then they nerfed the buddy system Admiral's Hat and called Tom Green in to hump that dead horse.

Grizzlebeard_sl

shitlord
I remember VT being great for clickies. The summon food and water items, clickable fire shield pants, shrink bracelet, KEI rings, clicky resistance ring, AHR neck are ones that immediately spring to mind.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I remember VT being great for clickies. The summon food and water items, clickable fire shield pants, shrink bracelet, KEI rings, clicky resistance ring, AHR neck are ones that immediately spring to mind.
I always wanted the Flaming Sword of Xuzl neck, but it only dropped once for us and someone wanted it as an actual upgrade. Oh well.

I wish that I had gotten a few more of the Flowers of protection from PoM and also the magic SV crystal range item from the last warder. I had the other 3, but never got the magic one.

Obtenor_sl

shitlord
Holy shit KEI. I had completely forgotten about that spell.

Thankfully I was a necro and didn't really need it; but looking at the KEI beggars in common tunnel or bazaar was a total experience.

Reminds me, one day I fell asleep as a Lich... drained my health to death.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You weren't really a neco unless you liched yourself to death (multiple times).

Obtenor_sl

shitlord
Yea, farming AAs in Halls of Honor B Or Crypt of Decay(?) when I could charm everything and get like one AA every 5 minutes or something, falling asleep and waking up dead

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
They were still godly for wizards. Bind in old world zone, quad kite in new world zone, gate, mana stone, tele, repeat!

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
You have it backwards. Bind in a safe area near where you quad, cast Gate: Nektulos to mana up, then come back. It was nice, but it wasn't an end-all of goodness. Honestly, with zoning and the recast of your epic, your meditation only went around 20% slower than manastoning. And in a lot of cases, that was fine because you didn't have to feverously click rather than taking a quick break. If you had a lucky KEI, it wasn't even worth doing at all.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
The only time I used a manastone and it paid off was really back in the days where I had to buff a whole Vox raid with my cleric and there was a shaman healing me while I ate myself (and my peridot reserve) to buff up a bunch of noobs that almost wiped 15 minutes later. I truly loved the coming of the group buffs, you have no idea.

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
I remember back in the Naggy days that before group buffs it got so bad that the cleric, enchanter, shaman, etc would be in a straight line and each person would "move down the line" and get whatever buffs they needed and then logged to their ult so the buff wouldn't fall off before everyone was done. After a while it become an assembly run and honesty is pretty impressive watching 40 plus people do it.

Heian

Molten Core Raider
Killing stormfeather in EQ, getting one of the first Quel'Serrar on my server in WoW and getting 1300 players kills in about 3 hours in Guild Wars 2 during the first WvW season.