For All Mankind

Qhue

Trump's Staff
God damnit. Just when I was ready to pull the plug on this bitch...
and was great to see
molly, badass till the end

That was absolutely true and what we see on the newspaper at the end is fitting.

Unlike the previous two season the timejump this time leaves us pretty much in the dark about the state of things in space as we see
Margot alive and well in Russia in 2003. Whether the rest of the world thinks she is dead, however, is yet to be seen. Did just get snatched from JSC before the bombing? Did she use the bombing as cover for an escape? Lots of questions remain unanswered but we could be getting a look at the Russian side of the equation for the first time in season 4

Good to see they picked it up for a 4th season. Still have no idea where this is all going.

*edit* With respect to the nk stuff
Its completely silly and effectively impossible that the nk ship had enough food/water/etc to get all the way there, but it is funny as hell that a North Korean guy was the first person on Mars.

Last edited:

Oldbased

> Than U
Damnit. I pulled the plug 2 weeks ago on Apple+ after the clusterfuck of the earlier episodes.
Maybe I'll reup again after See has been on awhile to finish the last 2 episodes.
Couldn't really find anything else to watch there.

Zajeer

Molten Core Raider
You knew that ending was going to be real good once they started playing Radiohead

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
They should have had the North Koreans be a colony, then kidnap the baby and so Kelly spends all of season 4 screaming "my dragons" and "waaaaaaaaalt"

Although North Korea begs the question where China is.

Last edited:

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Ed is still the man. Hopefully Danny airlocked himself in shame. That was kinda straight pirate shit what they did to him. I wonder if they just start season 4 with the Mars crew back on Earth or they do an episode of struggle or something.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Ed is still the man. Hopefully Danny airlocked himself in shame. That was kinda straight pirate shit what they did to him. I wonder if they just start season 4 with the Mars crew back on Earth or they do an episode of struggle or something.
Kind of like I said a few weeks ago, it'll just be a similar thing like the moon base jump. They will have a decent population and infrastructure on Mars would be my bet. Something like 50-100 people

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I bet the Korean guy ends up being a main character in season 4. I suspect after the 'wait we lose our stock options??' moment in the last episode we also see a very different Helios.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
*edit* With respect to the nk stuff ts completely silly and effectively impossible that the nk ship had enough food/water/etc to get all the way there, but it is funny as hell that a North Korean guy was the first person on Mars.
his space buddy dead, so he's got 2 nork rations

i also love how the entire gordo family line are straight up fuck ups

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The most absurd thing is that it's "too risky to deliver a baby on Mars so let's just launch a pregnant lady on top of the MSAM."

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
The most absurd thing is that it's "too risky to deliver a baby on Mars so let's just launch a pregnant lady on top of the MSAM."

If that was the only method to get her up there, then that's preferable to launching her and the baby

Goatface

was sorta interesting how many people took the bombing to be the timelines 9/11. guess it isn't covered much in history class

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
was sorta interesting how many people took the bombing to be the timelines 9/11. guess it isn't covered much in history class
Oh yeah it just dawned on me that it was supposed to be the Oklahoma City Bombing.

They definitely did a fantastic job closing the loop on Molly's story, kinda makes me forgive a lot of the dumb bullshit in this season.

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Joel Kinnaman is gonna look like 'old man Steve Rogers' from Endgame in every episode at this rate. He fought in the Korean conflict long enough to pick up the language so he must have been at least 20 by 1953 so he'll be in his 70s in season 4.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Joel Kinnaman is gonna look like 'old man Steve Rogers' from Endgame in every episode at this rate. He fought in the Korean conflict long enough to pick up the language so he must have been at least 20 by 1953 so he'll be in his 70s in season 4.

That's generally how ageing works

• 1Worf

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I took it as the OKC bombing. Images are very similar, and a lot closer in timeline. Plus similar method right?

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Yeah it was absolutely an OKC analogy. It helps their overall alt-narrrative to keep some 'fixed points' to help explain why some pop cultural references exist.

• 1Like

Goatface

looked up dates from the wiki, which is think is only based on what has been on the show

Season 1 = 1969 - 75, Season 2 = 1983, Season 3 = 1992-95, Season 4 = -2003-

[2003 ages]
Ed - 1932 [71]
Ellen - 1943 [60]
Danielle - 1944 [59]
Aleida - 1961 [42]
Danny - 1963 [40]

Molly - 1937 to 1995 (58)
Gordo - 1936 to 1983 (47)

couldn't find any dates for Margo, Dev, Kelly etc

Ed's age doesn't seem to work for the korean war. 18 + 4 years at naval academy + 1 year (at least?) flight training.

=
also read that they have an 8 season plan if it last that long.

Cybsled

ya, it was 100% supposed to be a parallel to the OKC Bombing

OKC was a rental truck filled with explosives/ammonium nitrate if I recall. After OKC, the Feds began keeping an eye on mass fertilizer purchases.

But the domestic terrorist/hatred of Government bit fits better with the events on the show and the story they did this season.

On that note, I do wonder if they will end up doing a 9/11 parallel next season. As an interesting twist, what if the "9/11" in this reality happens vs. the USSR? I could see them going that route because you could do some interesting story beats with that: What if "War on Terror" had its nucleus there? What sort of coalition would form, and how might that boost their standing in the space race? Who would be the perpetrator and their motivation? How would the US react?