For All Mankind

Szlia

The main problem with the show now is that we already saw a variation of this story a couple years ago. It was called Mars.

Cybsled

There is going to be some overlap, because the core challenges astronauts would face are real challenges: access to a supply of water, safe habitation to protect vs radiation, reliable power generation, no hope of resupply in an emergency

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
At this point I'm just itching to see the next time-skip rather than being deeply invested in the ups-n-downs of Martian colonization.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah the space story is amazing and so is the politics that go into it. Anytime it diverts from that I play on my phone because the rest is garbage. it's like alt history + space stuff this show is 10/10. Anything else like the lesbian story line or that wife of Ed is just 1/10.
Just finished the first season and this nails it.

I'd also say (at least so far), there's all kinds of inconsistencies. Like in the last episode of season 1, they keep talking about how security is so high, and yet...little teenage illegal immigrant just waltzes into the facility when they've got absolute disasters they're trying to fix? And then a couple hours later they bring all the families in, and one brings a fucking random bartender? Does NASA just have zero security?

And then the post credit sequence, where the wife of an astronaut watching the launch on TV just happens to be aware that it's carrying a nuclear payload?

The space stuff keeps me coming back, but man there's some retarded shit in this show. I'm sad that (I believe your post was from the end of season 2) that the woke crap is still taking up so much time.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Serves them right for not airlocking Stevens. This went from being pretty grounded in reality to boarder line stupid now.

• 1Like

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Please kill both Stevens kids. For the love of God they need death.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

spronk

FPS noob
havent watched season 3 yet (waiting for entire season) but renewed for season 4 and it will jump ahead a bit apparently

Cybsled

Makes sense. Given the transit time to Mars, you would need enough of a time skip to realistically have a greater presence there and built up infrastructure. I wouldn't be shocked if Jovian moons are next on the agenda (like Europa or Ganymede), with a plan to launch from Mars/Mars orbit.

My guess is mid 2000s or later

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
havent watched season 3 yet (waiting for entire season) but renewed for season 4 and it will jump ahead a bit apparently

you might as well start soon dude, next week is the last eps, this week ended on a huge cliffhanger

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
They've gotta do a lot to turn this season around in 3 episodes.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I was expecting that, but not as a reason for the Russians to go full retard.

Was a good episode overall though.

Cybsled

Not sure why they would want to abort the baby - getting control of the baby would probably be a bigger deal. If you could make sure it is squarely in your ideological camp, trying to lay claim to "first human born outside Earth" would be a good PR move, even with the mixed American-Russian background. Plus it would be valuable from a scientific perspective, since you could get a better handle on how humans born outside Earth would develop.

I suspect that if the USSR did threaten hurting the fetus, it would only be as a tool to get Kelly to do what they want (which would probably come down to control of the baby).

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Also, did I miss how they know but Kelly doesn't?

It's just a conflict I'm not interested in because I selfishly want the space stuff to get more focus. Kind of like the Danny stuff too, they had their moment but it's still almost completely unresolved w/ him not telling Ed the rest. Almost expect Ed to be given some heroic death and sparing him the torture of Danny's confession.

Also w/ the camera angle, felt kinda trolled, expected the FBI or something to be at Margo's door at the end there.

Wondering if they'll leave them stranded for the time jump to next season.

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

It's just a conflict I'm not interested in because I selfishly want the space stuff to get more focus. Kind of like the Danny stuff too, they had their moment but it's still almost completely unresolved w/ him not telling Ed the rest. Almost expect Ed to be given some heroic death and sparing him the torture of Danny's confession.

Also w/ the camera angle, felt kinda trolled, expected the FBI or something to be at Margo's door at the end there.

They took her blood for the transfusion or something. So maybe they found baby anti bodies

Surely they'd want to kill it because Mars is no place for a baby and Danny Stevens killed the toy dog so there's nothing to keep the baby entertained

• 2Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

Also, I thought Danny was gonna tell him he was fking his ex wife

• 2Like