Formula 1 and MotoGP - Racing

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Freaking Haas drivers are so bad....That team needs a complete reset NOW, or they leave the sport this year.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
When Gene Haas bought the team, he probably planned on heavily relying on Ferrari to give them the know-how and parts. He thought they'll build the car and even if it's not very good they'd be in mid-pack because of Ferrari, and they'll be still scoring points regularly. He didn't think that Ferrari being so god damn shit for so long. Only team to pull that type of plan off was Racing Point when they basically copied Merc and even then they fell back in the latter part of the season because since they didn't design the car they had no fucking idea how to improve it. The new rules being pushed back a year fucked Haas in the ass even more. 2019 they were shit and thought ok, we're gonna throw away 2020, no point throwing money to develop a car for a single season and try to design a new spec car at the same time, instead use that year to put all the effort into designing the new spec 2021 car. Then pushback of the new rules happened and they had to be crap in 2020 for no reward for 2021. And now in 2021 they continue to be awful because this year is basically what 2020 was suppose to be with the new rules coming next year. I'm not even gonna mention Mazepin and his daddy big-bucks

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fucker

Log Wizard
When Gene Haas bought the team, he probably planned on heavily relying on Ferrari to give them the know-how and parts. He thought they'll build the car and even if it's not very good they'd be in mid-pack because of Ferrari, and they'll be still scoring points regularly. He didn't think that Ferrari being so god damn shit for so long. Only team to pull that type of plan off was Racing Point when they basically copied Merc and even then they fell back in the latter part of the season because since they didn't design the car they had no fucking idea how to improve it. The new rules being pushed back a year fucked Haas in the ass even more. 2019 they were shit and thought ok, we're gonna throw away 2020, no point throwing money to develop a car for a single season and try to design a new spec car at the same time, instead use that year to put all the effort into designing the new spec 2021 car. Then pushback of the new rules happened and they had to be crap in 2020 for no reward for 2021. And now in 2021 they continue to be awful because this year is basically what 2020 was suppose to be with the new rules coming next year. I'm not even gonna mention Mazepin and his daddy big-bucks
That's all pretty close, but the reason he got into it is because FIA promised a budget cap, and he naively bought into the notion that it would be fair. There are so many asterisks with FIA's budget cap that it is all rendered moot and does nothing in reality to make the sport more competitive.

HAAS got screwed, but also HAAS allowed themselves to be screwed.

The amount of money that's being thrown around, I am amazed that HAAS bought into the myth.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
Max and Red Bull are gonna win both titles. Merc has been revealed to choke hard when it comes to tactics when they don't have car that's 1 second faster per lap. And Toto is nothing more than a lingering fart on a hot summer day.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'd happily be a fart too, if I had his $700,000,000 net worth.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
130k today!

Good guy Ham saying nice things about Lando was a nice moment. Hams faction standing with Kharzette has increased by 100.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
130k today!

Good guy Ham saying nice things about Lando was a nice moment. Hams faction standing with Kharzette has increased by 100.
I'm pretty sure that 130k was the attendance for the whole weekend. Per-race there was a notification on the sceen stating that. On Sky at least.
I love seeing Merc in the toilet and Hamster is already starting to wind up his whining how RB is too fast. He's starting to get a sense what it has been like for the other teams for the past 6 years. He'll probably move on to more advanced whining the upcoming months, saying that RB's dominance is killing the sport and something must be done quickly. Eat shit and kneel less.
I really hope other teams nail their cars and especially the engines for the next year and beyond, and Merc is gonna the new Ferrari. Just hoping to get on the podium when others crash out and maybe get that 1 victory per season.

Fucker

Log Wizard
I'm pretty sure that 130k was the attendance for the whole weekend. Per-race there was a notification on the sceen stating that. On Sky at least.
I love seeing Merc in the toilet and Hamster is already starting to wind up his whining how RB is too fast. He's starting to get a sense what it has been like for the other teams for the past 6 years. He'll probably move on to more advanced whining the upcoming months, saying that RB's dominance is killing the sport and something must be done quickly. Eat shit and kneel less.
I really hope other teams nail their cars and especially the engines for the next year and beyond, and Merc is gonna the new Ferrari. Just hoping to get on the podium when others crash out and maybe get that 1 victory per season.
Ham looking rather unremarkable out there since he is GOAT, after all. Norris missing pole by .04 was amazing.

14 races left.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Loving that there are other drivers and teams doing well. I'm rooting for Norris to be top 3 for several years. Wish Ricciardo was doing a lot better too.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Did he kneel on the podium? I turned it off when the race ended. But yeah, he's going out of his way to be that guy lately; "hey, look at me some more. See how much of a role model I am. Love me".

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
He's certainly approaching insufferability levels previously reserved for lead singers of certain pop bands. That push into Verstappen was exactly how an experienced driver would do it to make it look like an accident. Not a blatant hit but skirting the edge of what can be believably accidental.

His ego probably couldn't take losing the home race two days in a row.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
How dare you people criticize the messiah. He's kneeling for your sins.
It's funny how quickly they start painting the picture of him being the real victim

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
He's certainly approaching insufferability levels previously reserved for lead singers of certain pop bands. That push into Verstappen was exactly how an experienced driver would do it to make it look like an accident. Not a blatant hit but skirting the edge of what can be believably accidental.

His ego probably couldn't take losing the home race two days in a row.
Lewis is definitely a complete faggot politically, but that move was a racing incident. Especially against Mr. swerve-in-the-braking-zone Verstappen, if you don't make aggressive moves you will NOT pass him. Verstappen assumed he could shut the door there and Lewis would lift - knowing he'd be punted if Lewis didn't. Both of them assumed the other would leave room when neither had to.

The result was bad for Max, obviously - and it could have gone either way. They were both playing with fire.