Formula 1 and MotoGP - Racing

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
it's funny how Max left him more room on the inside than Leclerc did and yet Max was the only one who got clipped

E6nox26XMAMoq6w.jpg

E6no0WLWQAA1hVk.jpg

also, he seems to be an expert of kicking RB's out of the races by hitting their rear right, and somehow managing to continue himself

image0.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lewis is definitely a complete faggot politically, but that move was a racing incident. Especially against Mr. swerve-in-the-braking-zone Verstappen, if you don't make aggressive moves you will NOT pass him. Verstappen assumed he could shut the door there and Lewis would lift - knowing he'd be punted if Lewis didn't. Both of them assumed the other would leave room when neither had to.

The result was bad for Max, obviously - and it could have gone either way. They were both playing with fire.

I don't agree, he was left plenty of room to take the corner, he ran wide unnecessarily. Was nowhere near the apex. We're not talking about some amateur here, he knows that track as well as anyone and can position that car exactly where he wants to.

He got a penalty for it so the officials thought the same thing and put the blame squarely on him. It's too bad that the penalty they gave him amounts to nothing while his only real competition in the championship gets to watch the finish from the hospital.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
I don't agree, he was left plenty of room to take the corner, he ran wide unnecessarily. Was nowhere near the apex. We're not talking about some amateur here, he knows that track as well as anyone and can position that car exactly where he wants to.

He got a penalty for it so the officials thought the same thing and put the blame squarely on him. It's too bad that the penalty they gave him amounts to nothing while his only real competition in the championship gets to watch the finish from the hospital.
I'm fairly certain both would have been penalized but Max already got his penalty, he's out of the race. Watch the onboard for Max, he turned in from the middle of the track towards the apex when he knew Lewis was there; he could have stayed to the outside.

Both are absolutely responsible, both deserved penalties for causing an incident. One of them was serving his in the hospital, one served his in the pit lane. Thats racing.

• 2Like

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
My interpretation is that ham was too far right at the turn-in point, making his turn too severe and causing a bit of understeer. I don't think he missed the apex on purpose.

But he was behind, corner was max's. Ham should have backed out of it. Max could have given a little more space maybe, but that's a really fast corner and you need most of the width to make it on full fuel.

They may end up needing to clarify what "alongside" means.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Max needs to stop doing stupid things. I said that the very first year he was a driver. Doing stupid things is standing between himself and a WDC. He gave Hamilton an opportunity to crash him out, and Ham took it.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My interpretation is that ham was too far right at the turn-in point, making his turn too severe and causing a bit of understeer. I don't think he missed the apex on purpose.

But he was behind, corner was max's. Ham should have backed out of it. Max could have given a little more space maybe, but that's a really fast corner and you need most of the width to make it on full fuel.

They may end up needing to clarify what "alongside" means.

There was plenty of room on that corner, regardless of speed. You can actually see Max turn right into the apex unnecessarily, simply to squeeze Lewis. It didn't work.

Racing incident. Both racers. Both wanted to win. Let's move on.

• 2Like

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
From my understanding the lack performance of Haas this year is due to them putting their efforts into getting their 2022 car worked out. Think of what Brawn GP did in 2009

It does sound like a poor trade, such a weak year this year. In the hope of a strong car under the new regs. But the guy can do what he wants with his money I guess.

However, I'm confident they'll be quite a different team next year.

Fucker

Log Wizard
From my understanding the lack performance of Haas this year is due to them putting their efforts into getting their 2022 car worked out. Think of what Brawn GP did in 2009

It does sound like a poor trade, such a weak year this year. In the hope of a strong car under the new regs. But the guy can do what he wants with his money I guess.

However, I'm confident they'll be quite a different team next year.
That could be, but I get the strong feeling Gene is looking for an out and not wanting to pump a lot of money into the effort. Their current approach is one that will ensure they never see the front end of the field.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>

Mika was as protected as Lewis and Max are today. Mika had Ron Dennis jumping thru hoops to give him any advantage, Lewis has Toto and Max has Marko. And of course there was Schumi and Todt. It's part of F1. But at least 20 years ago there was actual racing and not constant tyre and fuel saving and drivers bitching after every time they are overtaken.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Alonso greatest wingman of all time haha. That was a great fight

Lewis looked wiped out. I wonder if his drinks thing was broken.

Last edited:

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
Alonso greatest wingman of all time haha. That was a great fight

Lewis looked wiped out. I wonder if his drinks thing was broken.

too much kneeling before the race is too tiring. That fucking BLM faggot should just go away. But hearing him bitching about Alonso was magical.

Bottas is the greatest wingman ever. Takes out both RB's from the race in the first corner. Only gets 5 place grid penalty for the next race. Perez' engine is totaled as a result of the crash and he has to take a 10 place grid penalty since it's his 4th engine of the year. Most likely Bottas will end up ahead of him in the grid, which is hilarious.
Comical scenes after the race when Toto went over to Horner to apologize and Horner basically told him to fuck off.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dutch GP on september 5th is definitely happening. It was still up in the air with the covid restrictions and some greenies filed a suit about how it would disrupt the habitat of some frog. They're only allowing 2/3rds of the stands to be filled though. Still, first Dutch GP in over 30 years and it's a real oldschool track (most of it was built in the 1940s) which hopefully will mean a fun race. Japan is out for this year though.

1629530950627.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea the above is Zandvoort, which is the track that will be used in F1 (and was in the past). Assen is used for MotoGP. There was some discussion of using Assen for F1 because it's way more accessible traffic wise (you need to cross a dense urban area to get to Zandvoort) but it doesn't have the F1 heritage of course.

The last turn into the straight has been revamped and is inspired by (and named after) Arie Luyendyk (who won the Indy 500 and was the Netherlands' most internationally successful driver before Max). It's oval-like, strongly banked and has a wall instead of an overrun.

It's a roller coaster ride.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Super pumped to see Danny and Lando in 1-2. Expected a really boring race and it ended up being pretty exciting. Hope 2022 and beyond is just as fun with closer cars and more passing.

Fucker

Log Wizard
LMAO...Mazepin 21st place in a field of 20. I hope we get another reserve driver racing on sunday so that number can be pushed to 22.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Marc is amazing, but I can't figure out what he does there that makes him so fast. He probably had half a second in his pocket even with his messed up shoulder.