Formula 1 and MotoGP - Racing

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Did you guys watch motoGP?

That looked like it really hurt. I doubt it will slow him down though

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Verstappen looks to be only real competition to the two Mercedes cars this year, the difference between those three and the rest is just huge. Ferrari is nowhere this year.

It's quite unbelievable how much this country's going nuts over Verstappen, every kid's a fan and F1 viewership has been through the roof the last few years. Prior to him, no Dutch person had ever won a single F1 race so we have some catching up to do. Hope it's not chauvinism blinding me but I really think he could take a championship at some point.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Top 3 were the only ones not lapped haha. That's sad.

Did anyone see the motoGP near miss? That was a bit scary

Fucker

Log Wizard
Verstappen looks to be only real competition to the two Mercedes cars this year, the difference between those three and the rest is just huge. Ferrari is nowhere this year.

It's quite unbelievable how much this country's going nuts over Verstappen, every kid's a fan and F1 viewership has been through the roof the last few years. Prior to him, no Dutch person had ever won a single F1 race so we have some catching up to do. Hope it's not chauvinism blinding me but I really think he could take a championship at some point.

Verstappen and Leclerc are both WDC material. The only negative about Verstappen is he has his father's temper. If he doesn't unlearn it, Leclerc will use it against him if they are ever head-to-head for a WDC.

F1 sucks anymore. They've been dropping 30-35MM viewers every year for the last 11 seasons. Viewer numbers this year will end up being wildly tragic and more the same for next year. I bet Liberty are regretting buying the rights to it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
there's no point watching F1 because you know in advance pretty much who is gonna be on the podium. And after first 3 laps if the beta cuck is leading, he's gonna win. The hybrid era has been the worst era of dominance ever. Even when Schumi and Ferrari were winning evereything, it was somehow more fun to watch. Vettel and Red Bull might seem as a dominance but the races were so much closer and didn't Vettel win the championship in the last race of a season a few times. Today everything is so clinical. All is simmed out before the race. All they do is save fuel, save tryres, save engine. This is not F1, it's horse shit. I wanna see cars and drivers pushed to the limit, not them going 5 seconds slower per lap than they could because left front is a bit worn out. Also, they need to ban radios. Have them only be used for emergencies (hazard on the track, penalties etc). Deprive drivers from all the bullshit info and have them make their own decisions. If tyres don't hold up and blow, well, though titties

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea I think the sport would benefit from losing the eco-pretense tech and go back to simpler rules, allowing a bit more freedom in engine builds and making it less about overtake buttons. Also, make it so people spin off again, that used to happen all the time and now it rarely does. Those upsets are often what is needed to make a race interesting now.

Look at the retirements last year:

1597748180841.png

Now look at retirements in, say, 1992:

1597748263215.png

Massive bloody difference. Also in that season you had a mix of naturally aspirated V8, V10 and V12 engines which sound so much better than anything turbocharged ever will.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
This week Vinyales' brakes failed and he had to bail off. I'll bet they didn't salvage a single piece off that bike. It was totally trashed (and burned).

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Wow Mugello is a great car track too! I'm sure the teams hate it now though and we'll never go back.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
I love that Fulkerson. So stoked for him at McClaren with Lando!

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Imola was kind of a shiite track with the modern cars. I think I enjoyed the pre-show stuff more than the race.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
The great Murray Walker has died.

He was that distinct English commentator that I heard for the first 10 or more years of watching F1. The voice could be deep, but then rise into shrill excitement, unique.

For me that voice was Formula 1.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Practice! I normally skip it but I missed all the testing and such.

They really need to enforce track limits. Silly to see them going so wide.