Formula 1 and MotoGP - Racing

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I finally watched most of the post race stuff. Lots of protests and lawyer assgoblinry.

Sounds like there will be protests and appeals and such until thursday, but I don't expect them to flip. Both sides got screwed a bit, but red bull had some crazy luck.

Lewis has had his share of amazing luck with safety cars and such so it all evens out over time.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Amazing finish to the season with more questionable decisions by race management, as is tradition this year. Even Sky Sports said that Hamilton went off the track at the start and needed to give the position back.
Still, brilliant tactics by Red Bull won this even if Mercedes had the faster car.
Toto Wolff losing his shit will never not be amusing.

1639380742252.png

• 1Double Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Fucker

Log Wizard
I finally watched most of the post race stuff. Lots of protests and lawyer assgoblinry.

Sounds like there will be protests and appeals and such until thursday, but I don't expect them to flip. Both sides got screwed a bit, but red bull had some crazy luck.

Lewis has had his share of amazing luck with safety cars and such so it all evens out over time.
Yeah, there was some shit going on, but I feel it is even over the season.

For sure, the winner of this year's title earned the hell out of it, though.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Pretty insane season. I was heavily into F1 in the mid 90's into about 2007 or so, then lost touch a bit only to get sucked back in the last 3 years. Really crazy how far the sport continues to develop each couple years. I don't remember a finale quite like this one, totally bonkers. Excellent on the fly strategizing by Red Bull. Congrats Max.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is an excellent interview of Max Verstappen and his father Jos (who raced for Benneton in the 90s) by David Coulthard. Actual discussion, not just a bunch of PR talk.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
This is an excellent interview of Max Verstappen and his father Jos (who raced for Benneton in the 90s) by David Coulthard. Actual discussion, not just a bunch of PR talk.

Not watching it, but did they ask "how did it feel to have the championship handed to you by Massi after you clearly lost it on the track and by the rules? Did you feel accomplished?"

If they didn't, it's a softball interview.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Testing in barcelona that isn't supposed to be called testing was this morning. Red bull has very small sidepods. They all look strange without all the jungle gym of extra wing bits on the sides.

There's no tv there but people are sneaking photos.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
MotoGP started! I thought it was still a month off.

Good races. The Grisini livery looks so goooood. I'm stealing those colours on my next ship I build.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Real testing is today, haven't found a download for it yet.

Looks like merc copied redbull's sidepods. Here's hoping they were a troll by redbull to see who copied them.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I finally got the test coverage. It is less merc copying and more saying "hold my beer". The merc basically has no sidepods at all.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I agree with your vid. I think the specs are more about extending beyond geometric boundaries than meeting some minimum volume threshold.

I think they can pull in a reference to the cad software and check if anything is poking into the red areas.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I've been slowly getting through testing. It is like 8 freakin hours a day. The coverage is really good but I'll probably only watch day 1.

Seems like everyone from the F1 org + all the sky people are working together so you had Ted and the new Tech guy Sam hanging out in the pit lane talking about stuff. Then Brundle out at various corners (the really good insight), and Crofty / Davidson / Jolyon with occasional Buxton.

It looks like low speed corners and exit traction are the really big problems right now. I don't think engineers really give a rats ass about "driver comfort" so I doubt the bouncing will be a big deal. Stalling the floor at high speed is usually a good thing (though it might be a problem in silverstone).

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Interesting mini series on 2021 motogp dropped today on Amazon Prime video. Only watched one episode so far and it's not bad. Make sure to watch the 4k version because the race footage in unreal.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Did you see the Shaman at the GP? Tryin to cast weather control. That's a druid spell and it needs an opal I think.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Missed the shaman but Marc Marquez pulled a Marc Marquez again. I don't know how he is still alive.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Interesting to see Ferrari and Mercedes switching places. MB will catch up...maybe. They have a lot of work to do!