Formula 1 and MotoGP - Racing

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
BTW the northwest 200 is starting in northern ireland. Normally the live stream is available for everyone but they've kicked it over to the bbc iPlayer so it is now restricted to the UK.

I don't really want to bother with a VPN since I won't need one for the TT this year, so I might just wait for someone to post a replay.

Hope the weather is good and nobody gets hurt :emoji_fingers_crossed:

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
For those that missed it, the weather was nice, nobody got hurt, and things went well except for tires.

Everyone that was using dunlops had to drop out of the main superbike race. Something was wrong with them and they weren't going to last so dunlop advised them all not to run. That meant only about half the riders were out there.

The earlier race where they discovered the problem, Hickey smashed the lap record by a long way, then pulled in on the next lap to retire. Would have been a close one.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Apparently Michael Dunlop was the one that had the tire problem. Rear delamination. Lucky to get away with that.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Insane save this week in Indycar. It was a really great race. The rain made for interesting tire choices throughout the entire race.

• 3Like
  • 1Blown
Reactions: 3 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
That was awesome. He just drifted an indy car. I know it's wet but didn't think it was possible

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Super historic race. Super boring race. Leclerc should be able to catch up in the points.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I wonder what Ferrari will do to screw him out of a win.
How about a double pit with Sainz ahead of him?
Race wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be despite all the delays. Race for top 4 was exciting but really wanted someone to take a risk and do something crazy. I think Sainz just wanted to finish for once so he played it safe for the most part.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Glad Perez got a win. Overall, very boring race, as Monaco usually is. Time to take it out of the rotation. Drivers not being able to pass is stupid.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
How about a double pit with Sainz ahead of him?
Race wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be despite all the delays. Race for top 4 was exciting but really wanted someone to take a risk and do something crazy. I think Sainz just wanted to finish for once so he played it safe for the most part.
LMAO, these people deserve all the grief they inflict upon themselves.

They lost an unlosable races FFS.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I hoped the new aero would help but yea maybe it is time to drop it until they can figure out how to change it a bit.

Did you notice they gave them champagne on the podium? They normally don't allow it. I guess they just trusted they wouldn't spray the royals :emoji_laughing:

Fucker

Log Wizard
I hoped the new aero would help but yea maybe it is time to drop it until they can figure out how to change it a bit.

Did you notice they gave them champagne on the podium? They normally don't allow it. I guess they just trusted they wouldn't spray the royals :emoji_laughing:
Monaco can't be made to work with modern cars. They are too big. They won't change the track because of its historic value.

The only way to make Monaco exciting is to have Ferrari run everyone's racing strategies.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

fred sanford

<Gold Donor>

On the stairs before going up someone told the racers “champagne at track”. The Red Bull team guy sprayed sideways at everyone. He’s probably in prison awaiting execution. :p

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
On the stairs before going up someone told the racers “champagne at track”. The Red Bull team guy sprayed sideways at everyone. He’s probably in prison awaiting execution. :p
Yes the commentators made some comment before they went upstairs about how they were getting their podium etiquette instructions or something like that.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oh no, crappy tasting, barely alcoholic fluid touching someone. God forbid...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user