Formula 1 and MotoGP - Racing

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This was a pretty good and exciting race. Max not letting Checo pass him at the end for more points was cold blooded. LeClerc whining about Sainz finishing ahead of him so he could get more points was also laughable.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Statement from Red Bull considering the Max not giving position back. They shouldn't have even released a statement.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I want them to make it. I want to see what kind of F1 car caddy would make. 😆

This sounds like a job for AI

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I saw! Sky did a short stream about it. Looks more of a cash for branding kind of thing.

20 days till testing!

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
Yay! My weekends haven’t been the same without being up ass early with some coffee watching f1 on the backyard tv.

realistically, Red Bull is too far gone with development for a real challenger, but I’m excited about the next tier + mid field battles.

my boy, Pierre, shit the bed last year, but he has one last shot and has to beat his nemesis, Esteban!

• 1Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm through six episodes of DTS, and this so far has been the best scene. lol

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
Just joined GridRival fantasy league for F1. Looks fun and I’m impressed to have been invited by one of my hotter coworkers, even though I know her husband is the one obsessed with F1.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
unless something extraordinary happens this season, this is going to be totally worthless. Fucking depressing. Nevertheless, going to the Austin GP for the second year in a row.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Aston Martin looks to be on the same level as Ferrari and Mercedes now, that could get interesting even if Red Bull dominates the front row. Even that remains to be seen, statistically winning the first race of the season isn't a strong indicator of the championship.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Aston Martin looks to be on the same level as Ferrari and Mercedes now, that could get interesting even if Red Bull dominates the front row. Even that remains to be seen, statistically winning the first race of the season isn't a strong indicator of the championship.
Max was coasting through qualy and the race. Conservative estimate is they are 1s/lap faster in full race trim, possibly even faster.

Teams can come back from a half second deficit over the course of an entire season IF they have all the right people in all the right places. MB and Ferrari do not have this luxury. The only thing standing between Max's 3rd WDC are reliability issues, and it seems they have that well nailed down.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Max was coasting through qualy and the race. Conservative estimate is they are 1s/lap faster in full race trim, possibly even faster.

Teams can come back from a half second deficit over the course of an entire season IF they have all the right people in all the right places. MB and Ferrari do not have this luxury. The only thing standing between Max's 3rd WDC are reliability issues, and it seems they have that well nailed down.

Yea RB definitely dominated that race. It's a long season though and you never know what can happen, some "rule clarification" thing can come in and end RB's lead, much like what happened to Ferrari a few years ago.

Even if they continue to dominate it doesn't have to be a worthless season necessarily, there's been other seasons where one driver just wins everything (Schumacher, Hamilton) and most of the interesting stuff happens a few places back. If the TV directors aren't idiots that just show the leader all the time but try to focus on where the action is, the race can still be fun to watch. Think they did a decent job here, I enjoyed this race even if a Verstappen win was obvious early on.

• 1Like

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
The Alonso storyline of this race was certainly one of the main highlights. I'm just bitter because I'm a McLaren fan from back in the Häkkinen/Coulthard days and they are not good at all lately. Will be a fun season if Aston Martin can keep doing well and shake up that mid tier of teams a little bit.