Fortnite - Epic Games - Team Survival/Strategy/Crafting/Combat

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
The battle royale stuff isn't my kind of game, but this is a lot more fun to watch than PUBG. Less hiding, shorter matches.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
What the fuck kind of clowns coded this game? I just downloaded and ran the installer, then selected my game directory of preference. I throws an error "Install path cannot be more than 32 characters long." What the fuck year is this??

Last edited:

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Watching Shroud in FN right now, he's racking up the kills atm (15 kills right now and not done). This run he's basically reiterated everything I've just said in posts above:

Smaller map
faster games
requires a different type of skill than pubg
"harder" than pubg* (mainly because building aspect adds a whole nother level, rng shooting, and smaller map - less able to camp)

*I never claimed it was harder than PUBG, I think the skill of using the guns is pretty hard, which makes PUBG seem much harder to me, but a guy that's at the top might feel otherwise

Xevy

Log Wizard
I think gun RNG is the 50% of what people think is "hard" about this game. Spraying and praying with the bloom shit is dumb. The real skill cap is people who know how/when/why to build shit. Watching people just jump off huge cliffs, build a floor before they fall, then do shit like make a ramp and snipe you all within 10 seconds is pretty nuts. Otherwise the gameplay is very like H1Z1 with some voxel stuff.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I wonder how long until other games add this format. Feels inevitable. The Division, GTA Online, Ghost Recon, etc.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Replying to the "what weird game will they slap a Battle Royale mode into next" question.

GeneralF

Golden Knight of the Realm
I wonder how long until other games add this format. Feels inevitable. The Division, GTA Online, Ghost Recon, etc.

Ubisoft has already said that they would add battle royale modes to some of their games, so yeah, it's coming.

tera

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've never played a BR game, but am liking this so far.

My biggest complaint is the screen clutter, especially the mini-map.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I played it for a bit last night and I can see why the PUBG guys are pissed. It looks great, runs like butter, and doesn't feel as janky as PUBG, plus it's free. The building angle is also adds a new wrinkle. The only thing PUBG really has going for it is the massive amount of streaming personalities that have been playing it, and all it takes is for a few of these guys to jump ship and the decline with follow.
Apparently as of yesterday, the Twitch PUBG viewers were lowest they've been since something like April.

That's not a good sign for a game that relies on being the "hot new thing." Because without a shit ton of players, the game doesn't work as well.

Granted, right now there's a new shiny toy to play with, so we'll see what happens this weekend and next. But the PUBG devs may have fucked themselves by not doing more to polish their game the last few months. They did awesome early summer, but it seems like lately they've just been coasting.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Apparently as of yesterday, the Twitch PUBG viewers were lowest they've been since something like April.

That's not a good sign for a game that relies on being the "hot new thing." Because without a shit ton of players, the game doesn't work as well.

Granted, right now there's a new shiny toy to play with, so we'll see what happens this weekend and next. But the PUBG devs may have fucked themselves by not doing more to polish their game the last few months. They did awesome early summer, but it seems like lately they've just been coasting.

These FPS games keep rising and falling. It's unrealistic to think PUBG would be #1/#2 for very long.

Nobody has surpassed LoL yet, and I know tons of people expected PUBG to be the killer, but lets be realistic, it's just the "hot shit" right now, and it's not a hard thing to replicate, someone is going to polish this turd and make a better BR mode.. maybe it's not FN but ... yea.

Also, LoL started their Worlds this past week, which is going to hurt these other games.
I'd attribute PUBG's viewer numbers to that .

FN was off the radar until 2 days ago.

I've seen DOTA2, CSGO, H1Z1, all hit this #2 slot behind LoL... PUBG grew fast but it's only realistic it won't maintain the viewership. A lot less strategy to hook viewers compared to League & others.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
PUBG did dethrone LoL for a bit.

Yea I think for like a week or 2? But it seemed to coincide with lack of esports, idk. I don't think they beat LoL in an extended timeframe (month+). 1 or 2 weeks isn't huge.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yea I think for like a week or 2? But it seemed to coincide with lack of esports, idk. I don't think they beat LoL in an extended timeframe (month+). 1 or 2 weeks isn't huge.
It was huge because it was the first time in I think 7 years that LoL had been dethroned.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
It was huge because it was the first time in I think 7 years that LoL had been dethroned.
True, I guess it's a big deal, had thought CS:GO beat LoL a couple times, don't really care tbh. It's still not realistic that it'll last.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider

BF1 needs this implemented - its same i told some dev peeps, its just a game mode and nothing more - it can be put in a bunch of FPS games and likely be more fun than their base game.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So looks like this is free to download on PS4. I'll snap it up.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
So looks like this is free to download on PS4. I'll snap it up.

I've been playing Fortnite on the PS4 with my son, it's a fun game.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

tera

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've been playing with my son, it's fun.
f12d01f97d13207582d6962651aee4e5.jpg

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users