Fortnite - Epic Games - Team Survival/Strategy/Crafting/Combat

Xevy

Log Wizard
When PUBG came out, everyone compared it to H1Z1 and I stand by saying the two are similar but different. Kind of arcade vs strategy. That said, I'd say Fortnite BR and H1Z1 are basically interchangable with Fortnite currently having more you can do in game. Fornite may dent PUBG, but it could definitely finish off H1Z1 or push them to innovate their ways back into the game.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
When PUBG came out, everyone compared it to H1Z1 and I stand by saying the two are similar but different. Kind of arcade vs strategy. That said, I'd say Fortnite BR and H1Z1 are basically interchangable with Fortnite currently having more you can do in game. Fornite may dent PUBG, but it could definitely finish off H1Z1 or push them to innovate their ways back into the game.
Innovate... Daybreak.... nice one.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
It's good to see more of this game mode, cause that's all it really is. PUBG wants to corner the market because of the streamers but with the millions of dollars they have made they make little improvement period. Milking the cow while doing little to improve the game. Will love watching the fall.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
one thing i worry about fortnite is the hackers, if the game is going to be free, hackers will give 0 fucks and blatant hack all day long, you get that now with games, but at least people will ease up after a while, because it will cost them a few bucks. This game? 0 reasons to give a fuck about a ban.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
What has pubg done about hackers except ban stream snipers cause streamers bitch they got sniped?

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
one thing i worry about fortnite is the hackers, if the game is going to be free, hackers will give 0 fucks and blatant hack all day long, you get that now with games, but at least people will ease up after a while, because it will cost them a few bucks. This game? 0 reasons to give a fuck about a ban.
And there are videos of hackers already.

Yea, I do think it being free will be chaos with hackers. Hope they have a plan.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Haha I played this yesterday. One Game. Won. These people playing this are idiots. They are building crap everywhere with a circle closing in on them and all I did was sneak around with a shot gun and blast everyone.

It was epic stupidity and if anyone here has played PUBG with me (Usually when I am hammered) they know how much people must suck for me to win.

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
I won once yesterday and placed twice a couple of times. Building ramps in structures to get to chests and to hide in attics or on roofs is about all I do - should have won another but forgot I could throw up a wall for cover and lost a duel.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
one thing i worry about fortnite is the hackers, if the game is going to be free

I feel like free or not free, it wouldn't change an outcome of a rampant hacking issue.. just a matter of control the dev team puts out. I'm sure they'll be ready? I don't think we will run into a problem ala Rainbow Six Siege, didn't play it but from my understanding it was by far the worst uncontrolled population of hackers for the most part... only started cleaning it up relatively recent.

Vycarious

Lord Nagafen Raider
Got a few games of this in on a PS4 pro and holy shit do I suck at aiming with a controller. I have never been a huge fps guy but this looked fun. Going to switch over to mouse and game pad and see if I improve. What is everyone else using on the consoles?

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
And there are videos of hackers already.

Yea, I do think it being free will be chaos with hackers. Hope they have a plan.
does the game have an anticheat? The thing about free to play shooters just means that the hackers will be even crazier then other games. I know some folks have money to burn to buy 20 -30 dollar games over and over, but now its going to be every fucking cheater just going ham in game and there is virtually nothing the company can do but ban. You can get around every hardware ID and IP ban, so, this is going to be interesting to see how they handle it for sure.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
There are definitely cheaters, but in this game it's way harder to tell with the RNG of these guns. I've fucking full round crit a dude in the head with a white SMG from like 70 feet so who knows if it's that or an aimbot. In PUBG, at least in 3rd person, you can definitely tell when they're cheating if you're in a group by the way they take you or your teammates down. This game the gunplay is so loose and random it's like who fucking knows. I did see a guy teleporting 10 feet at a time last night, but that could just be Chinanet.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
There are definitely cheaters, but in this game it's way harder to tell with the RNG of these guns. I've fucking full round crit a dude in the head with a white SMG from like 70 feet so who knows if it's that or an aimbot. In PUBG, at least in 3rd person, you can definitely tell when they're cheating if you're in a group by the way they take you or your teammates down. This game the gunplay is so loose and random it's like who fucking knows. I did see a guy teleporting 10 feet at a time last night, but that could just be Chinanet.
It's actually easy to tell, watch some clips. Also gun RNG is lessened a lot. Probably some issues still, gun rarity, crouching or not, moving or not, all affect rng. Your aim is best when crouching.

Also BIG tip for new players: Every gun is hit scan except sniper rifle.

Do NOT lead targets with any other guns.

The particles mean nothing btw. They fire off after the bullet already registers.

Sniper rifle is the exception. The particle is the actual bullet.

So with any other gun just aim for heads

• 1Like

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Old friend called me out of the blue and asked if I wanted to join him in this. I have to say co op is ridiculously fun and I'm trying to get my brother and his roommate to join so we can run a full 4 man team. We managed to get 3rd and 4th team place as a duo a couple of times but always got screwed by some group with rocket launchers at the end. Most satisfying moment was my buddy was down right after the drop by someone who beat him to a shotgun. Managed to pick ax her to death, snag the shotgun, blast her partner and rezzed my friend in time. The other nice thing is the install size was pretty small and it ran really smooth. After Rust/ARK/H1Z1 it was kind of refreshing having such a smooth playing battle royale/survival type game. Don't think I ever dropped below 100+ fps on ultra at 1440p with a 1080ti while the others seem to struggle and hiccup constantly.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I've been having a blast with Battle Royale on ps4.

If anyone wants to try team mode, add me on PSN.

Dwreck808

tera

Lord Nagafen Raider
I never felt that calling video games "murder simulators" was realistic... until playing Battle Royale.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
And the continued clusterfuck - now trying to log in since the PC clients are 'blended' (for one fucking menu button) I have a queue to log in to actual Fortnite.