Fortnite - Epic Games - Team Survival/Strategy/Crafting/Combat

Caliane

yeah, I got a legendary SF banshjee at like level 5.. had one blue ninja at the time, and rest green. So I definitely leapfrogged right to the "best".
Bunch of legendary and epic guns, of various use. Best gun is still a purple one. Raptor assault rifle.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I have been lucky to get Legendary Constructor & Ceiling Gas Trap, a bunch of Legendary Survivors and a Mythic Survivor... but I don't want to play Constructor no matter how hard the game is wanting me to.

Firstly, leveling weapons for other classes is too many resources to expend. I'm still in a Pure Rain deficit just to evolve key things. I have 2-star Soldier/Constructer/Ninja and the 3 epic weapons I use (Assault, Pistol, Shotgun).

I need more rain to evolve to 3 and get traps/survivors to 2. The Pure Drops of Rain barrier is real.

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Been actually enjoying this since the last patch. Still has issues, but going in the right direction. I want:

The ability to craft when not in a map
The ability to manage inventory when not in a map
Reduced Wood/Stone/Metal resource cost for Structure

Oh, and Defenders should not require you to give them ammo. This requirement and the fact that they CHEW through ammo, make using anything but a Bruiser as a defender pointless.

Last edited:

Caliane

todays daily deal is a good value one. 1000 v bucks.

super hero llama.
100% chance of legendary hero. +6-7 others. text is poor. says "assortment of rare heroes". means that as a rare drop, not "rare" quality. Also says 8 heroes. you can get 7+storm tickets..

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
todays daily deal is a good value one. 1000 v bucks.

super hero llama.
100% chance of legendary hero. +6-7 others. text is poor. says "assortment of rare heroes". means that as a rare drop, not "rare" quality. Also says 8 heroes. you can get 7+storm tickets..

Yea I got it, limited to 1 right? Now to save 1k again.
Got another Legendary Constructor zzzzzz

However, I got an Epic Centurian Hawk whom is (bugged?), when you Evolve him to Star2 he becomes Legendary (same reward as doing 14-day level 70 event).

So of course I did that and have a Legendary Soldier now.

Epic Centurion Hawk Evolved Into Legendary. Intended or Bug? • r/FORTnITE

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
So they added a PUBG mode to this?

"hey our game is a ripoff and sucks asshole, everyone is quiting wtf!"

"I know we'll just make it a battleground game"

h1z1 model. thank god pubg is around to make all these companies look stupid.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
watching shortyguy play right now. The addition of being able to build things is pretty cool.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I've still been playing this game with $0 invested. Almost out of Plankerton but not even sure I want to be out since the next areas aren't finished yet. I'm level 39 right now.

My initial reaction is............... RIPOFF. Money-grubbing-mofos not even finishing the PvE game and tack this on instead. All my current progress is null & void. Wtf?

After that.... I'm feeling "ok" about trying it. Personally, I haven't tried PUBG simply because I'm not into the ultra-realistic FPS games. I'm 100% convinced that a "cartoony" PUBG mode would be a killer hit of a game. So the Fortnite team think they have the platform to provide such an experience. I'm intrigued...

I just think the game should have been a standalone with its own team & stuff and Fortnite should have proper support behind it, but I'll give a whirl.

Caliane

yeah. it looks neat and fun and all. I wonder how the building and traps will be balanced. feel like each will be entirely useless without dumb AI walking into them..

I also, pinpointed right on the, what the fuck? I outright questioned teh management. how does management make this call? money, manpower, and time are finite resources. how can adding pvp to a game this far along in development, possibly be a good idea, or feasible?

I got several dev? (community managers?) responding.

JustMooney1
The Unreal Tournament team came together with the Fortnite team to make this happen, we had a blast playing the mode so we wanted to get it out to you folks asap! Our core Fortnite team is still focusing on the PvE experience.

[bcolor=rgb(24, 24, 24)]S-LG[/bcolor]The Epic Team loves playing battle royale games like PUBG and H1Z1. For a long time, the team has believed it would be fun to fuse the gameplay of Fortnite -- the building, traps and destructible environments -- with a large-scale last-man-standing mode. The result is Fortnite Battle Royale.

[bcolor=rgb(24, 24, 24)]raczilla[/bcolor]Good question. We've experimented with PVP going back a few years. We even had some of our Alpha players briefly try a version of PVP at one point. So it's a thing we do care about. Our Unreal Tournament team came together with the Fortnite team to make this happen and have been working on it a couple of months to get to a place where we feel like it's fun enough to have guys guys try it. We hope you enjoy it as much as we have

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So what they are saying is that none of the pve guys left their team to do PvP and it's all new people so it literally takes nothing away from the development? Sweet.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
It's pretty fun but I completely forgot about pve now. Needs stats and leaderboards and stuff but it's fun. They need to add swimming to the game and vehicles imo.

Hopefully the map is made more interesting too.

My best finish is 5th so far, started out rough as I never played h1z1 or pubg.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
took a break after that 5th, came back and got 1st :D

6 frags

have played maybe 5 matches so far.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
It looked decent outside of the fact the gun mechanics are complete shit for a battle royal style of game. I can only imagine the PvE has some level of auto-aim assist by default or they have purposely fucked aim for PvP.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
It looked decent outside of the fact the gun mechanics are complete shit for a battle royal style of game. I can only imagine the PvE has some level of auto-aim assist by default or they have purposely fucked aim for PvP.

For console or PC? Gun mechanics are fine on PC, certainly some weapons will need tuning. Sniper rifle / shotgun / Assault are like the 3 OPs I think.

Velocity is a bit slow, gotta lead target a ton, was a bit surprised at that.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I am just going off of watching shotyguy. He hit a guy with 5 shotgun shots to the body/head of a opponent and he ended up killing shorty. I don't even own the game but armor seems OP.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Had a ton of fun with this mode. Placed 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 8th, 13th... and a bunch of shitter games where I was landing in populated areas for more action.

After playing probably close to 15 matches, I see a ton of areas where I personally need to improve. I am not utilizing building as much as I should toward end of games. Putting up quick walls or making stairs to get above your 1v1 opponent (will block their sight), are techniques I need to try and remember.

I am pretty HAM in this game and like to charge at people when I see them, got 2nd instead of 1st because it was a 1v1 and we both were trying to snipe each other, I should have tried building a stair-road over him but instead I tried sneaking around to him. I could have just let him come to me too, but I'm an impatient mofo.

Shotgun is OP but had some cases where it looked like I had a nice shot, they live, and then I get 1-tapped. The RNG spread seems to fuck you at times. You really need to close distance with a shotgun or you have like no aim.

The aim in this game is kinda bad, simply because almost every gun has insane spread, so running towards people often isn't terrible, especially right now since most people suck at the game in general.

Crouching and holding Right-Click help control aim better, but in an open field people aren't going to be crouching. If you're trying to snipe at a distance you should be crouched.

After playing a while, I don't think vehicles will be necessary. The map seems large, but it's really not that bad. I ended up visiting same areas most games.

Holding SHIFT allows you to Sprint, and sprinting can out-run the Storm. I saw some streamers that didn't know this (i think).

My last match of the night I found a Golden Assault Weapon and never got to use it. Killed 1 guy... got 4th because I was trying to find kills and got caught out. Sucks!

Winning a match gives you a new glider (umbrella) instead of the hang glider. Kinda cool. Hope they add more stuff quickly, I had a blast but need something to shoot for. A leaderboard, cosmetics, or something.

My 2nd Place that shoulda been a 1st! Also my highest kill count of the night (8):

Maybe not super impressive, but sniping is so fun (look at that falloff!)