Fortnite - Epic Games - Team Survival/Strategy/Crafting/Combat

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Made these shorter cause I don't think people care too much about this game here :D

My aim was shit last night, managed to get a 1st & 3rd but otherwise I was getting dicked.

My Victory was kinda cheesey, only 4 frags and I ended up camping it out in the end. The circle ended up at top of a mountain where there was an existing house, I knocked the roof off and built up some metal walls with stairs to give me angles to work with, here's the final 1v1 to showcase how it worked out:

(I never used a Grenade Launcher before this LOL, need to aim much higher!)

Very next game I had my quickest start ever, 3 free kills off the bat.

Then later on I got dicked by the circle after scoring 2 more kills and getting a Golden Assault Rifle, so much loot, just needed more time!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Tbh why play that when you can play PUBG

I'm guessing you don't want a serious response.

I've been tempted to play PUBG, even before this mode in FN, it doesn't really appeal to me at all, too much like a war Sim. I like games that don't take themselves so seriously.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Fortnite Battle Royale Goes Free For Everyone On Sept. 26

Edit:

Also an update today, more accurate weapons, faster sniper rifle!

---------
Heya folks,

We are releasing a Battle Royale update today which brings various accuracy tweaks, weapon adjustments and a fix to an issue with safe zone locations. This update has just been released. You do not need to update your client.

Changelist:
  • Increased sniper rifle projectile speed by 25%.
  • Increased weapon accuracy.
    • This is roughly a 50% increase in accuracy in the ‘worst-case’ scenario.
    • Accuracy in best-case scenario (while crouched, aimed, and immobile) is unchanged.
  • Increased accuracy while running.
  • Increased accuracy while shooting full-auto.
  • Increased accuracy while hip firing.
  • Reduced falling damage.
  • Falling damage now begins just above 3 stories, dealing 10 damage. Damage will continue to increase until becoming lethal at 6 stories.
  • Fixed an issue with the safe zone ring locations.
    • This will on average reduce the amount of long-distance running per match.

Thank you for your current and continued feedback during our Public Test period!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Schags

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Not sure why Pubg is really pissed. People will play fortnite then decide to cut out the middleman and go directly to pubg. I don't see many going in the reverse direction. I mean I'm sure some will but I think the end result is pubg continues to grow and this doesn't really affect their player base.

Caliane

Personal betrayal. People don't think logically.

Like, many, misread the titles and just assumed, "hurr, you are copying our game, we invented battle royales!" but, its not that generic. They are pissed, because they specifically invited and worked with the team on Unreal engine 4, and presumably laid bare the game they were building with it. And, Epic then copies their game.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Personal betrayal. People don't think logically.

Like, many, misread the titles and just assumed, "hurr, you are copying our game, we invented battle royales!" but, its not that generic. They are pissed, because they specifically invited and worked with the team on Unreal engine 4, and presumably laid bare the game they were building with it. And, Epic then copies their game.

There is so much different between the games tbh... they copied the general ideas but the in depth mechanics are wildly different.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Idk, looking at it.. there is quite a bit of similarities. Like enough to where it doesn't really feel like its their own spin.. yeah guns aren't like mil-sim, you can build your own base, sure, no vehicles okay. There are elements of their own but the fundamentals out side of the obvious land, loot, survive. I mean yeah, it shoots and feels more arcady, akin to h1z1 but honestly for face value it feels like someone trying to pass battlefield heroes as not a battlefield game. Ark has you more hunger games style, GTA feels more Vigilante/Twisted Metal, H1z1 feels like an unrefined vers granted a jaded opinion, the culling? idk was random spawning??? Seemed like a lot more melee happening? idk

I haven't played it, yet. I'll give it a fair go mostly because I like fortnite for the pve aspect but idk if that is any good in itself.. I just personally think there is a lot more they could have done to push away the pubg feelers, while still making it fun, and unique to its ownself but not take away the battleground aspect. There will always be people who will be attracted to one or the other, I have friends who will swear Paladins is the better game over Overwatch.

one thing im' sad none of them are doing yet is the Battle Royale movie style enclosing, where squares of the grid basically meant instant death via exploding collars; rather than an enclosing circle of poisonous/electric something. Shit i'd play a more unreal-esque, tfc movement(conc/rocket jump) br game.. if they up the ante.

Regardless, nothing is going to happen other than maybe a short peak of interest by the shitty PR and appeal of free.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Idk, looking at it.. there is quite a bit of similarities. Like enough to where it doesn't really feel like its their own spin.. yeah guns aren't like mil-sim, you can build your own base, sure, no vehicles okay. There are elements of their own but the fundamentals out side of the obvious land, loot, survive. I mean yeah, it shoots and feels more arcady, akin to h1z1 but honestly for face value it feels like someone trying to pass battlefield heroes as not a battlefield game. Ark has you more hunger games style, GTA feels more Vigilante/Twisted Metal, H1z1 feels like an unrefined vers granted a jaded opinion, the culling? idk was random spawning??? Seemed like a lot more melee happening? idk

I haven't played it, yet. I'll give it a fair go mostly because I like fortnite for the pve aspect but idk if that is any good in itself.. I just personally think there is a lot more they could have done to push away the pubg feelers, while still making it fun, and unique to its ownself but not take away the battleground aspect. There will always be people who will be attracted to one or the other, I have friends who will swear Paladins is the better game over Overwatch.

one thing im' sad none of them are doing yet is the Battle Royale movie style enclosing, where squares of the grid basically meant instant death via exploding collars; rather than an enclosing circle of poisonous/electric something. Shit i'd play a more unreal-esque, tfc movement(conc/rocket jump) br game.. if they up the ante.

Regardless, nothing is going to happen other than maybe a short peak of interest by the shitty PR and appeal of free.

I've only played the FortNite version but I've been watching a lot of PUBG streams, it's actually fun to watch and there are some good personalities streaming: Doc, Break, Tim, Shroud, Ninja, etc.

The biggest differences is that PUBG has a GIGANTIC map... it's massive. And the map does affect how the game plays out a lot. Tons of wide open fields and shit. Weather systems etc.

PUBG focuses on the SKILL of a shooter: Using correct gun & gun setup, aiming, etc.

FortNite has a more intimate map, still some open spaces, but really not the same. They may add vehicles at some point (per the devs), but I don't think it's needed or even something that would be beneficial. FortNite focuses more on positioning than the shooting aspect. It focuses on creating structures to out-maneuver your opponent. If you get caught, what do you do? Build up walls as you run? Build a base and hunker down? etc.

PUBG doesn't have this aspect, it's all about the better shot.

PUBG has the weapon components and more loot in general: Vests/Backpacks/Helmets which affect the game immensely.

FortNite doesn't have any of this... just a shield potion... which is definitely huge, but you can't loot "used" shield potions off opponents, so they CAN be harder to get (or maintain).

So like i said.. yea, the grand scope is similar: 100 players drop into a map,etc etc..
The in-depth strategy is WAY different though, simply because of the mechanics that are being asked of the player.

I'd say overall that FortNite probably has a little less RNG factor than PUBG (even with the Aim thing). Simply because it's a little harder to get loot fucked. But PUBG has a much larger world, meaning you have many more areas to loot up. I often find FortNite to have few "unlooted" areas after the initial rush.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I don't mean to make it sound like fortnite is complete carbon. I'm aware that there is a fair amount of difference, but even though maybe the the idea of copy might not be the real reason for the butt mad.

I just think they could do more to branch away, off the rip. It's still early and bluehole out burst could curve or not.

If it is a "copy" it's more addressing the concerns that the initial layout is the same. They could honestly do so much and it wouldn't ruin anything.

I haven't played it yet, so I can't give fair opinions. I just know when I saw it, I think doc? Was playing and it was before the buzz feeds.. I was already thinking wow this is kinda playdough version of pubg

fris

Vyemm Raider
I don't get the PUBG v Fortnite. if anything, H1Z1 has the most to lose with the release of Fortnite. If you prefer PUBG over H1Z1, you won't switch to Fortnite. For the reverse, you might.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I don't mean to make it sound like fortnite is complete carbon. I'm aware that there is a fair amount of difference, but even though maybe the the idea of copy might not be the real reason for the butt mad.

I just think they could do more to branch away, off the rip. It's still early and bluehole out burst could curve or not.

If it is a "copy" it's more addressing the concerns that the initial layout is the same. They could honestly do so much and it wouldn't ruin anything.

I haven't played it yet, so I can't give fair opinions. I just know when I saw it, I think doc? Was playing and it was before the buzz feeds.. I was already thinking wow this is kinda playdough version of pubg

I do think FortNite could have changed it up a bit to be more different. Everything they're adding is pretty much a rip from PUBG, and it lacks a lot of the "skill" with guns that PUBG has.. .but FN has the micro with base-building, which is certainly something, but yea...

I don't see a reason that FN:BR can't exist, but I certainly wish they'd try some more unique things with it.

PUBG is certainly a great game, the BR mode and how they've implemented it makes it very viewer-friendly. Something that is hard for games to pull off. I have never played the game but I always enjoyed watching it. I also watched the H1Z1 games pre-PUBG, and I never played that one either.

I do think it has legs. I do think PUBG will have some snags along the way, especially if they try for an "esport" level game.

How do you accommodate a 100-person esport event?

And the constant complaints about lag, glitches, etc.

Common critique between PUBG and FN is that FN runs super-smooth. Also people in FN often say PUBG should be called CAMPG (or some shit)... so I guess camping is a bigger issue there. Camping still happens in FN but because of the smaller map I think it's lessened a bit.

Criticisms from the PUBG side often are due to the graphical style of FN as opposed to any sort of gameplay.

I think a game with an "OW" graphic style could swoop in and really clean up this genre.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Game's pretty fun. I can play it and not get super pissed when dumb shit happens like in PUBG. Just hop in, hope I get a cool bolt sniper and kill some people.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
I played it for a bit last night and I can see why the PUBG guys are pissed. It looks great, runs like butter, and doesn't feel as janky as PUBG, plus it's free. The building angle is also adds a new wrinkle. The only thing PUBG really has going for it is the massive amount of streaming personalities that have been playing it, and all it takes is for a few of these guys to jump ship and the decline with follow.

• 1Worf

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Guns feel better, I was landing shots a lot more consistently from much farther distances.
Got top 10 a couple times, only played a few games and it was late.
Squads look fun
Once leaderboards are in it'll probably start to take off.

• 1Like