Fortnite - Epic Games - Team Survival/Strategy/Crafting/Combat

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Thanks for the tips, especially on pathing. I'll probably just knock it all down and build sonething new. I'm more about the building than the progression i think.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Thanks for the tips, especially on pathing. I'll probably just knock it all down and build sonething new. I'm more about the building than the progression i think.
Problem with demo is you dont get the resources back... which sucks. So I feel like it's a big waste to completely demolish, just let the mobs destroy it.

For trap placements, it took me a bit to figure out the pathing tricks, and also relies on spawn points and stuff. When Its a new defense point I'll setup a basic fort with last-resort defenses inside. I'll save exterior trapping until when I'm actually defending so I can see where the spawns are and how they are pathing.

For subsequent defenses, the mobs spawn & path in the same spots so then you can build out and place more traps ahead of time.

Just try to create funnels into tunnels, and then trap up the tunnels as much as possible.

I usually do 2-3 stages:
1.) Exterior traps on random floor/walls to soften em as they approach
2.) Funnels & Tunnel systems to kill most of the enemies
3.) Last Resort defenses at the objective to hopefully catch any stragglers.

The harder defenses have TONS of enemies and you'll be building walls/traps during the defense. I believe Stonewood #10 had waves that required killing 600 enemies . Structures WILL be destroyed, don't worry too much.

To win your goal isn't to have a pretty fort at the end. You throw down walls/traps to delay/kill as much as possible

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Battle Royale Gets Stats - 1.7.1 Patch Notes

Lots of Battle Royale changes coming tomorrow, which include adding STATS but not leaderboards yet.... the stats will be backfilled, so all the shitty games you thought wouldn't count will be there. Im okay with that though.

Some weapon adjustments and stuff.

Biggest thing I see is the added AntiCheat and also banning players from using VPN, and adding report button.

The VPN news is here: VPN in Battle Royale • r/FortNiteBR

Vycarious

Lord Nagafen Raider
The stats page for me on the PS4 are not close at all. It has me down with 1 win when I have 5. Didn't pay too much attention to the other stats as I don't keep track of those. Not sure when exactly they back filled but I had 2 wins in a row 2 nights ago. Only thing I can think of is I didn't log out to the lobby menu although I wouldn't think that matters. Not a big deal, I just found it odd.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
The stats page for me on the PS4 are not close at all. It has me down with 1 win when I have 5. Didn't pay too much attention to the other stats as I don't keep track of those. Not sure when exactly they back filled but I had 2 wins in a row 2 nights ago. Only thing I can think of is I didn't log out to the lobby menu although I wouldn't think that matters. Not a big deal, I just found it odd.
It's possible that the "backfilling" is only since last "update". I haven't logged in yet, haven't played BR mode in a while and my only wins are from a month ago, so possible my games won't be recorded at all. I'll let you know if they show up.

Vycarious

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just a heads up. Make sure to go into options and change the sensitivity settings for aiming and whatnot. They reset everything. First match I had this morning I got blasted, turned around to shoot and my aim went well past the guy and ended up dead. Was shocked at how fast it was. I am playing on PS4.

Also they are asking for a chuck of change for their new skins, I was figuring around 5 bucks but it's upwards of 12 to 15.

Caliane

still playing this. honestly the base game is quite good..

Halloween event confirmed continuing till Nov 29th.

There has been a notable push by the dev team to give out alot more freebies, which greatly aids with the rng, and ptw aspects complained about.
halloween event especially is massively rewarding.

Many challenge quests, which reward candy. candy can buy event llamas. event llamas dropping, epic, lengendary, heroes/schematics/survivors.
New husk survivors for the event. again, legendary/rare pretty common.
Completing, the husk collection rewards a choice of 4 legendary hero (reskins)
slotting the 3 legendary husks rewards legendary rocket launcher schematic.

doing 36 missions rewards legendary hero bloodfinder ac. (pathfinder jess reskin. #1 outlander)
completing all event missions, rewards a legendary assualt rifle transform. And choice of one of 4 legendary hero reskins. (Sarah hotep is dragon ninja. #1 ninja.)

so, you can deterministic get the BEST ninja, and best outlander currently. (arguably best soldier as well. Skulltrooper jonesy, is Urban assault which is tied with Special forces)

ValkyrieIATD

Silver Knight of the Realm
I haven't been this obsessed with a game since vanilla WoW. Battle Royale has my soul. Kinda surprised it isn't getting more traction on these forums but I guess PUBG scratches the more hardcore itch that's found on FoH.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

thats pretty amusing. didnt know you could ride rockets.

I did spend some time trying to ride the new tires down a ramp yesterday..

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Battle royale is really fun. It sucks on PS4 because it supports kbm and frame rate is shit but on my PC it's money. NoodlefaceFOH if anyone wants to add me

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
They don't actually really have much recourse at this point. The kid challenged their DMCA claim on his video, which means they now have to back it up in court or risk losing any future DMCA claims they might need to make.

Xevy

Log Wizard
They've added a 50v50 mode for BR. It looks really fun. Friendly fire is off which is awesome and teammates have little green chevrons over their heads. The first battle I tuned into felt like fucking Planetside. It was Grimmmz in a bush suit with a sniper picking off people in a 9 story base that was gigantic. And all his teammates were pushing with rifles and shotguns and building little stairs up to the base while the base defenders were building walls around and up on the base. It was awesome. Felt like seriously singing a castle.

• 1Like

Vycarious

Lord Nagafen Raider
Anyone notice since the new patch you cannot hear people building right next to you? I had a 3 story base and was sniping and then all of a sudden bam! Shotgun blast to the face. This has happened twice since the new patch. One ramp that was built was brick and the other one was wood. I had my headset up pretty loud too as I always do.

I know they changed a lot of sounds in the game so I am thinking this got fucked up. Is it only me or has anyone else noticed this?

This game has been fun as hell and since I broke my leg a week ago I will have a shit ton of time to play. Will probably set up a stream here pretty soon, I will post the info in the twitch thread once I do.

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Played the 50 v. 50 mode, fun for a little while but if teams aren’t somewhat evenly matched it gets boring looking for people to kill - 4 x 25 next?

Getting much better at duos, son and I are winning pretty regularly (PS4).

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Been having a lot of fun in the free mode and see the full game is on sale for ~$20. Anyone feel it's worth snagging for a primarily duo group?

• 1Barf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

ValkyrieIATD

Silver Knight of the Realm
50v50 is fantastic. If both teams are organized, the final fort-building showdown is truly spectacular. I've had some games where we go 25v25 down to some tight storm circles and the battles that ensued were legendary.

Epic is extremely receptive to community feedback and are actively soliciting ideas on the Fortnite subreddit. Some really good ideas being thrown around right now -- the one that has the most traction is to have both teams get their own bus with routes over opposite sides of the island.

• 1Like