Fortnite - Epic Games - Team Survival/Strategy/Crafting/Combat

Cybsled

Shroud has been duoing with ninja past couple days and they just destroy everyone. Shroud admitted that Fortnite rewards skill more, because there is much less RNG and much harder for a lower skill person to kill a higher skill person.

Molten Core Raider
Got my refund yesterday for the PVE founder pack I bought last July. No questions asked, just an email saying "here ya go!"

They're making so much BR bank they dont even seem to want to question refunds so if you did buy in, it's easy to cash out.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
My kids have been playing this so I figured I'd give it a go. Not a bad way to waste some time at no cost.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Fortnite Battle Royale has to be the biggest game pivot success story of all time. Personally, I don't like the demonetization model for single player, but BR is amazing. IMO, it is leaps and bounds better than PUBG.

By far the biggest, no question.

I hope Sea of Thieves does it cause I'd play the fuck out of a pure BR on the water. They just need to add more guns and revamp combat a little and they should be able to easily 'turn it on', but the devs seem completely incompetent and broken from reality so doubt it will happen.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Got my refund yesterday for the PVE founder pack I bought last July. No questions asked, just an email saying "here ya go!"

They're making so much BR bank they dont even seem to want to question refunds so if you did buy in, it's easy to cash out.
I also got a refund for the PVE found pack (and V-bucks). I copy/pasted a comment from reddit as my reasoning. It was perhaps harsher than I would have been had I written it myself, but I wasn't sure that they would honor a refund request at all... so I phoned it in >.<

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Can I get a tl;Dr about why I'm supposed to be mad that I bought a founder's pack?

If you feel like you got your money's worth in entertainment you shouldnt. Lots of people feel like they didnt. Lots of people are also cheap fucks that cant take responsibility for making a snap purchase.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
If you feel like you got your money's worth in entertainment you shouldnt. Lots of people feel like they didnt. Lots of people are also cheap fucks that cant take responsibility for making a snap purchase.
Good enough for me.

Rime

<Donor>
People feel they have moved their development priorities from the pay-to-play version to the free battle royale.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
While they haven't explicitly stated it, you needn't infer much to conclude that they've all but completely abandoned development on the PVE game. Not to mention they permanently fucked up everyone's weapon schematics and added more useless stats to their already high number of useless stats (thus decreasing the likelihood that you'll get valuable stats).

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's just mindless and addictive. It's hard to take it too seriously for a number of reasons. Just pop in, grab some loot/kills, die, rinse and repeat. The battle pass is actually very smart, it lets you shoot for things beyond just killing people. Add in the fact that it's free and it's not surprising why it's successful.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
It's just mindless and addictive. It's hard to take it too seriously for a number of reasons. Just pop in, grab some loot/kills, die, rinse and repeat. The battle pass is actually very smart, it lets you shoot for things beyond just killing people. Add in the fact that it's free and it's not surprising why it's successful.

I agree, the Battle pass was extremely clever on their part. It is an idea like this that hurt Sea of Thieves in my opinion. Fortnite seems to have it together. They are making good updates and additions pretty quickly at that. Not sure how long this hype train will run but it's really paying off right now and i'm curious just to see where it goes in the next 3-6 months. I have a blast when I play but I primarily play with RL friends and that adds to the game for me.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I agree, the Battle pass was extremely clever on their part. It is an idea like this that hurt Sea of Thieves in my opinion. Fortnite seems to have it together. They are making good updates and additions pretty quickly at that. Not sure how long this hype train will run but it's really paying off right now and i'm curious just to see where it goes in the next 3-6 months. I have a blast when I play but I primarily play with RL friends and that adds to the game for me.

Honestly it's one of those games that you play like crazy for a few weeks/a month and then I can see just burning out on it. There isn't really any advancement other than skins.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
The biggest difference I've found so far is either your a master builder or your not and it makes a world of difference. Thinking you got the jump on a guy or team and then they just throw up a castle and somehow win while you're just trying to get up a single wall can be quite frustrating. On the other hand it does make for some pretty cool outside of the box thinking on how to get at people that are holed up somewhere.

I 100% agree that the Battle Pass is really cool for free. Trying to do some of the challenges while also not getting killed or your team killed is rewarding.

Edit: Epic name is BrandoLFC if anybody is looking for someone to play with.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Szlia

They are doing a pretty good job at keeping the game fresh with new cosmetic stuff, changes in the map, temporary game modes, thematic changes, new items/weapons, etc. It's a bit hit & miss but they don't need to only have hits to keep people interested.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Basically unrelated, but sorta my feelings @ fortnite. These mega twitch players like shroud building instant castles is just not an attractive playstyle to me. I'd enjoy it a lot more if not for the building, or I wouldn't mind keeping it, but forcing it to be a tad more simplified. Like just simple walls, not 20 seconds to build a 100 foot high sniper tower. Or really I'm just still looking for someone to make a tactical BR that isn't a shitshow like pubg is.

• 1Solidarity

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Epic has nearly all of their 700 developers on Fortnite right now, and they released the Paragon assets for free to UE4 developers. (MOBA game they scrapped).

With nearly all their resources pouring into FN now, I would hope the game gets some PvE love and maybe we see even more BR innovations. Personally wouldn't mind seeing more of the 50vs50 fun stuff, but maybe even more crazy with a bigger map and 300+ players, 100vs100vs100 or something.

They definitely aren't shy about trying things, which I like a lot.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I'm digging the Blitz game style, makes for really quick games whether in squad or solo.