Fortnite - Epic Games - Team Survival/Strategy/Crafting/Combat

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Patch Notes : v4.2 Patch Notes

In particular I like the Audio Change so I can more easily tell if someone is above me. Thank god.

Server tick rate increased from 20 to 30 too, not sure if that just means I'll get lasered more, or if it'll actually benefit me in some way lol.

Seem like good notes overall. Apples that can restore you to 100 too. So now we have a 4th way to get full health.

Edit: So the Apples can't be picked up, they are consumed on the spot. Pretty cool in that now if you're low health you have an objective to go toward (run to trees). It's only 5 health per apple but every bit counts... Had about 5 losses last night where opponent survived with less than 10 health.... I'm so bad at this game lol.

Last edited:

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
I don't watch a lot of Twitch but was watching Ninja (had it on the other screen and moreso listened to the game) while I was doing some work. I had to stop and watch him just now completely and utterly destroy everyone in solo Squads (and take the win)... Good lord that was an amazing watch.

Last edited:

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Have yet to see an apple, weird. I like the new burst though, already got some kills with it.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Solo Showdown Limited Time Mode

Hey everyone,

Today we’re revealing our new Limited Time Mode: Solo Showdown.

Trying to prove yourself on the battlefield? Queue up for the Solo Showdown mode for a hotly contested Battle Royale experience. Unlike other LTMs, Solo Showdown will not change core gameplay of the current Solo mode. Instead, you will be placed against other self-selected competitors making this the ultimate test of survival.

The Fortnite team will frequently update this blog with the Solo Showdown standings. Top performers will be rewarded at the conclusion of this competition.*

AWARDS:
1st Place: 50,000 V-Bucks

2nd - 4th Place: 25,000 V-Bucks

5th – 50th Place: 13,500 V-Bucks

51st – 100th Place: 7,500 V-Bucks

You can see the full rules here.

We’ll be using the Solo Showdown as a one-off stepping stone to learn how to build great events for all types of players. If you crave testing and improving your own skills, give it a try and let us know what you think. To thank you for participating, play 50 games and get a unique spray.

Stay tuned. We have a major announcement about competitive play next week!

*Solo Showdown ends on 05/21 at 10:00am ET

--------------------------

Sounds cool, no chance in hell I'd even get top 1k, let alone 100 or better, but the streams should be fun to watch. I'll queue it anyways cause why the hell not, only lasts 4 days.

Last edited:

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Only the first 50 matches in Solo Showdown LTM will count towards a Contestant’s Score.

Placement Points
1 100
2 94
3 91
4 88
5 85
6 80
7 75
8 70
9 65
Placement Points
10 60
11 - 15 55
16 - 20 50
21 - 30 45
31- 40 40
41 - 50 35
51 - 75 30
76 - 100 25

Maybe I'll try playing the hiding game and aim for top 10 every game, lol.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I want to try this game but the fucking building stairs thing before every firefight is just too.....stupid for me. I dont know, many people find it entertaining, but I was never into or played Minecraft. The entire concept of having to magically quick-build a wooden structure in order to protect yourself/gain advantage at the start of a firefight is rubbish. It literally takes "came out of the woodwork" to a whole other level.

Not sure if I can do it.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I want to try this game but the fucking building stairs thing before every firefight is just too.....stupid for me. I dont know, many people find it entertaining, but I was never into or played Minecraft. The entire concept of having to magically quick-build a wooden structure in order to protect yourself/gain advantage at the start of a firefight is rubbish. It literally takes "came out of the woodwork" to a whole other level.

Not sure if I can do it.
I understand what you're saying and the building aspect definitely is a negative for a lot of people.. either because it seems stupid or because it increases the micro so incredibly much that a typical FPS/BR player will struggle for a while..

But I like it because it actually turns it into a puzzle/strategy game whereas BR by itself can be an incredibly boring experience.

It promotes more aggressive play as well. If you're good at building then you don't mind getting into fights... you'll seek them out.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
The building is pretty amusing once you get the hang of it. While building walls/floors is important, if you can at least get really good with building stairs you'll do fairly well.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I understand what you're saying and the building aspect definitely is a negative for a lot of people.. either because it seems stupid or because it increases the micro so incredibly much that a typical FPS/BR player will struggle for a while..

But I like it because it actually turns it into a puzzle/strategy game whereas BR by itself can be an incredibly boring experience.

It promotes more aggressive play as well. If you're good at building then you don't mind getting into fights... you'll seek them out.
Isn't that essentially what being a better shot than someone else would be? Why obfuscate that with building shit?

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Isn't that essentially what being a better shot than someone else would be? Why obfuscate that with building shit?

No not really, better shot is skillful in it's own way for sure but it's not strategy or puzzles, it's literally reflexes, tracking, aim,etc.

just watch pubg streams vs FN streams, the playstyles are vastly different

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
If I see someone out in the open I don't build up first, I try to snipe them then run up and take their shit. I only pre-build if I'm getting shot at and have no idea how many or where they are.

For the solo showdown, I just have played normally sans not dropping into any high drop area but I've noticed a lot more bush usage. I've gotten top 5 a couple of times but always lose to some master builder just making me lose where they are.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
If I see someone out in the open I don't build up first, I try to snipe them then run up and take their shit. I only pre-build if I'm getting shot at and have no idea how many or where they are.

For the solo showdown, I just have played normally sans not dropping into any high drop area but I've noticed a lot more bush usage. I've gotten top 5 a couple of times but always lose to some master builder just making me lose where they are.

Whenever someone sees me first and builds before shoots, they always seem to win. So I'm trying to build first instead of shoot. It's so tempting to take a shot at someone who's unaware... But then they immediately build walls+ramp and now I'm at the disadvantage... Having height advantage seems to be the #1 most important thing.

I am just terrible at this game tbh. I can't aim, can't build, terrible at sniping, too aggressive... or passive, lack of awareness, etc etc etc.

But being so terrible makes me really want to figure it out.

I only played 5 of the Showdown mode matches and used the "camp" approach, got a 6th, 8th, 16th and then 2 early exits. But camping is pretty boring so went back to solos.

I did have a couple good solo games, a 3rd and 5th place, 8 kills during the 5th place. All shotgun kills. I got pinched by the other 2 players in my 3rd place game. Literally couldn't escape from between them. Very unfortunate. (I had a launchpad and didn't even think to use it fml).

I feel like I'm very close to breaking through but then realize I'm still many steps back. Like I've been hot-dropping for the past 3-4 days now, mostly Tilted, Retail or Pleasant... I'm starting to make it out alive from most of these places much more often. Then I realize I'm terrible in open field battles, and end game battles. I either push too hard (like how I do early game), or I'm sitting too passive and allow someone to build over me...

Progress is slow but tons of areas to work on and I am seeing small improvements every day.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I think it's all situational. If they start building up and are 50+ meters away then you can either shoot down their ramp as they try to rush you or you can build up to meet them as they can't shoot while they are building. If they build up and you're just sitting there doing nothing then I'd say that's the bigger problem.

Granted I'm not very good at this game either, all my wins are duos or squads with someone better than me. Have gotten 2nd solo a bunch of times but always seem to find a way to fail.

ValkyrieIATD

Silver Knight of the Realm
Been dominating Solo Showdown. Best guess is that it's attracted a lot of players that don't usually play solo and have no idea how to win alone. Every now and then I'll bump into someone who knows what they're doing, but for the most part it's been scrub city.

I just glide and lol at people who drop Tilted in this mode. Wtf are those players thinking?

faille

Molten Core Raider
Wish there was some way to track your progress on the showdown. Or even see how many of the 50 you've done

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
They are supposed to update us on leaderboards, hopefully it shows our games too and how many matches done in comparison to the leaders..

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
The FortNite tournament yesterday was pretty awesome . Really unique and fun take on it as it allows your average Joe to participate .. as fodder.

Ninja and kingrichard were incredibly fun to watch but their high risk strategies eventually didn't pay off.

Highlight of the night was this Ninja performance that tied up the match. They were down 8 kills going into this round and he forces a tiebreaker.

But then they lose the tiebreaker because he takes a bad early fight.

This format is amazing though, hope they keep doing it. It's so fast paced.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Ninja was too flustered after he tied. He didn't realize that after he tied the game they didn't need to do another high risk strategy. Pretty much cost them their chance to win the tiebreaker.