Forza Horizon 5

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
I just went to rivals and saw you. Think it was the airport track with the bronco. You ran that track really well though. Was the toughest challenge yet.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I just went to rivals and saw you. Think it was the airport track with the bronco. You ran that track really well though. Was the toughest challenge yet.

I wish there was a better way to find rivals. End up clicking through fiddy screens just to find anyone. Taking me forever to find and beat your times!

Some of the rivals laps must be from actual races the way people are bouncing around. Did mulege town scramble and I think that must have been the issue because I beat your time by like 6 seconds on the initial lap. ;)

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

pwe

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This is a really fun game, but it’s full of raceism.

• 1Rimshot
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
The fact that you can buy masks (not the wrestling ones) annoys the shit out of me. Can't wait for the Pfizer sponsored Covid shot DLC.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Vorph

Stupid Hondas....

Collection.png

spronk

FPS noob
nice, i'm at 495/534 but haven't really tried at all, just collecting shit from wheelspins. still haven't used my voucher either, i saw only of the colbys was 30m but hoping a spin picks that up. never really gave a shit about getting all the cars, i tend to pick a few cars and stick mostly with them.

speaking of spins... so close...

FH5_Spin.jpg

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
Spins get better over time as you get most of the clothing and emotes out of the way since you can't duplicate those. Pretty good logic behind straight up buying all the clothing that's less than ~25k since any credit spin will be more than that anyway.

On a different topic, I finally unlocked Hall of Fame, but I did it just after I rolled over to prestige 1. Unfortunately all the car unlocks in the HoF accolade tab think I'm level 1 so I have to grind more for the Aston Martins and whatever else is in there.

Vorph

nice, i'm at 495/534 but haven't really tried at all, just collecting shit from wheelspins. still haven't used my voucher either, i saw only of the colbys was 30m but hoping a spin picks that up. never really gave a shit about getting all the cars, i tend to pick a few cars and stick mostly with them.
My advice after way too many AH interactions is to spend the voucher on a car worth >10M (so you get the 10M purchase accolade) that doesn't sell for peanuts on the AH. So don't bother with the 30M Shelby, not only is it from a (pain in the ass, I don't recommend getting it that way) accolade but it only sells for a couple million on the AH. Don't use it on the 22M Jaguar either, that one is from the accolade for buying 400 cars from the shop--further proof that Willys farming is not only not an exploit but working as intended imo.

The McLaren F1 GT is a good choice, 15M car that sells for close to 4M on auction. I was all set to buy the GT last night when I got it and then the AMG One back to back, and they were the last two cars I needed. Kind of makes me wonder if there's some sort of "help" built into the spins, because I got one of the other super expensive cars I was missing a couple hours before that too.

Main reason I like having all the cars is so that when there's a race that needs a specific type of car I can just filter my own collection and choose what I think is best, rather than having to look at what I have, then look at what's on sale at the shop, and maybe check the AH too...

spronk

FPS noob
i think the premium pack members get it, if you own it make sure the season pass is installed

good call on the voucher, i think i already bought the mclaren though. i'll just save it for the future lol. i have like 60m credits so don't really care about money anymore

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Ah, not for me then.

So does anyone enjoy the trailblazers? It's probably my least favorite part of the game, but I feel like I need to 3 star them. Feels like they should be renamed "hope you don't hit a tree" races.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Ah, not for me then.

So does anyone enjoy the trailblazers? It's probably my least favorite part of the game, but I feel like I need to 3 star them. Feels like they should be renamed "hope you don't hit a tree" races.

I like the idea, but like many things in the game it could benefit from being class/car specific challenges.

Some of the trail blazer routes seem broken by just having a fast enough car and taking the nearest road. And as always the tactic just seems to be loading the fastest applicable car you have and rewind a lot until you hit the perfect route, which is a common but boring Horizon design.

FH4 had some fun blueprints that were specific cars with off road path time events that were more challenging and fun because at least you knew someone had to complete the challenge themselves first. But it was still floor it and hope you don't hit a tree approach.

I'd rather see some rock climbing style ones where picking your route is more important than speed.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I wish this game had more racing and less "Take pictures of your car in a dust storm". I've just been driving around instead.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
I'm sure with time people will design better custom courses and events. The flip side is getting the Super 7 reward car was pretty easy since I got like 4 drags and 2 jumps that were just hold down the accelerator for 15 seconds and win.

Vorph

I like the idea, but like many things in the game it could benefit from being class/car specific challenges.

Some of the trail blazer routes seem broken by just having a fast enough car and taking the nearest road. And as always the tactic just seems to be loading the fastest applicable car you have and rewind a lot until you hit the perfect route, which is a common but boring Horizon design.

FH4 had some fun blueprints that were specific cars with off road path time events that were more challenging and fun because at least you knew someone had to complete the challenge themselves first. But it was still floor it and hope you don't hit a tree approach.

I'd rather see some rock climbing style ones where picking your route is more important than speed.
The sort-of trailblazer that's part of the Vocho story (the 'take a photo in the baja' one) is a more interesting challenge than just about all of the stunt ones. Mainly due to the combination of the car being a slow-ass POS because she returned it to stock, and the way it makes you figure out how much time to spend on the highway vs. heading cross country to the target area.

I wish this game had more racing and less "Take pictures of your car in a dust storm". I've just been driving around instead.
That'd just be Forza Motorsport though. If you just want to race you can always fast travel from one to the next and just do that. Once you unlock all the festival locations the story stuff becomes completely optional (besides being pretty much the fastest way to get enough accolades for the hall of fame invite... even taking that into account I've still only completely finished two of them, V10 and Vocho).

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Story drives and events have been pretty fun. I like driving the El Camino, deciding on a shortcut, ending up taking the picture after crashing off a cliff. Was fun.

Hoping we get to drive the monster trucks at some point.

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
Monster trucks are in game and you drive one for a little during one of the stories. Seems like a good candidate for permanent addition at some point since most of the work is already done.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Monster trucks are in game and you drive one for a little during one of the stories. Seems like a good candidate for permanent addition at some point since most of the work is already done.

Yeah, the story was fun. My dumb sounding comment meant like in the world, Forzathon events, races, pvp, etc. So much potential.