Forza Horizon 5

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Says my longest drift was 45,546 feet. That's like 8.6 miles. I suck at drifting and generally don't, so doubt on that one.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Patch is out. Looks like your typical GaaS patch--fix all the things that had unintended benefit to players, but no mention of fixes to stuff like not getting credit for completing season events 80% of the time. At least they did take care of all the VIP bugs though.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah the Jeep bug is fixed, super wheelspin taken out. Also forzathon shop is now in, nothing crazy but 600 FP for the Apollo IE18 car, like 300 for a super wheel

also i got all the seasonal items done except for horizon open, not gonna do the 18 events or whatever the insane fuckery is up with that. While its buggy, one specific daily event has a weird bug - its the one where it says post a clean rivals event lap. Its actually the opposite, you only get the event done if you DONT complete it cleanly. Just run a 0.6 mile drag race, and 10 seconds into it rewind which triggers a "didnt run clean". Finish up, and that daily should be done. I got every single other one done including the unbeatable drivatar multiplayer one, although it took 5-6 tries to find one where tardos weren't always in last place.

Dailys not that important, only get 500 extra accolade points or something for doing all 7. As long as you get enough points to buy the seasonal cars for free, and even then, you can get them on the AH easy.

forzathon shop this week, resets like in a day or two. i bought the sombrero lol

FEa1acNXIAY3wYT

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

IMO it's the opposite. Dailies are about all I care about except when there's an exclusive car (like one of the two missing Hondas is coming up next season), since they give FP and the regular event stuff doesn't. FP shop prices are ridiculously high compared to how much you gain.

Edit: LOL, they gutted XP on eventlab races. It's at most 25% of the xp gain as before.

Last edited:

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
I haven't really paid attention to what's on the spin wheels but I was under the impression the super wheel was essentially just 3 regular wheels. Is the super wheel loot pool that much better that it costs 60fp more than just buying 3x regular spins? I'll probably never spend fp on that anyway, just curious on the difference.

Vorph

I've gotten super rare/expensive cars from regular wheelspins so I don't believe there's any difference besides convenience.

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
That's why I was curious. I got my Sesto and both M-B CLK and Pagani that I used before the Sesto all off normal spins.

spronk

FPS noob
i did 100% this seasons championship, just did the Horizon Tour co-op championship and it "finished" after 3 just multiplayer races so its not as bad as the 9 races or whatever it seems to list at the start, although I started from the beginning so I dunno if you join one in progress if it counts. Autumn starts tomorrow

1637205903045.png

the patch does seem to have fixed most of the exploits, I dont think the afk overnight goliath stuff works anymore, willys doesnt have a superspin anymore (dont think supra does either), i'm sure people will find more

VIP does give double forzathon points for dailies, not sure about the other stuff.

• 1Like

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Can't get cacti smashing or arcade to register. Not the end of the world, but annoying.

Finally got a wheel setup for the series x in the living room. Much more plug and play than FH4 seemed, and feels good.

Lookout Circuit road race is my favorite track so far. Lots of turns, hard to pass clean, and with elevation changes. Kicked my ass using a controller, which is what motivated me to get my wheel set up finally. Will see how it goes.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
VIP does give double forzathon points for dailies, not sure about the other stuff.

Double the double from the house that doubles?

Was still getting 10 per even after getting the house. Now 20 per so maybe a bug fix.

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
Goliath may be nerfed but the new afk seems to be laps up and down the freeway for clean speed skill points. 10-15 points per 4 minute lap. Convert the skill points to xp, fp, or whatever using your favorite cheapish car. Several options out there for super spins at 11-14 points too.

Vorph

the patch does seem to have fixed most of the exploits, I dont think the afk overnight goliath stuff works anymore, willys doesnt have a superspin anymore (dont think supra does either), i'm sure people will find more
They reduced eventlab XP to a trivially small amount, but the AFK exploit still works for skill points. Willys and GR Supra lost their super spins, but there's a Porsche you can buy for 80k. It's also 11 mastery points instead of 5 too. Glad I got all the cars while it was super easy instead of the minor pain in the ass it will be now.

Double the double from the house that doubles?

Was still getting 10 per even after getting the house. Now 20 per so maybe a bug fix.
No, the house is free for VIPs and its perk is what gives you your 2xFP. Until today the perk didn't actually do anything though, patch fixed it (and I'm pretty sure gave retroactive 2x to whatever you had).

Goliath may be nerfed but the new afk seems to be laps up and down the freeway for clean speed skill points. 10-15 points per 4 minute lap. Convert the skill points to xp, fp, or whatever using your favorite cheapish car. Several options out there for super spins at 11-14 points too.
Cxsmosucks' highway race was always the best, Goliath required way too much dicking around with tunes and took twice as long to get the same amount of xp/sp.

• 1Like

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Hrm, should I buy the new season's VW Baja Bug from the auto show for 60k, or the same stock version from the auction house for 129k+ buyout. Well, everyone seems to be buying all the auction ones for twice as much so I guess I'm stuck buying it cheaper from the auto show.

I know it's just pretend money, but still.

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
I don't know how you could see the cost without actually doing the tuning yourself, but auctions often have tunes on them so it is possible a "double" AH price is actually cheaper than buying and upgrading from the show. If it is really "stock" then the only benefit from AH would be the daily if you've never bought an auction yet.

Vorph

There's a lot of weird stuff like that in the AH. The 30M Shelby sells for less than 10% of that on the AH, while others like the AMG ONE force a buyout of 3M+ when you can just buy on the auto shop for 2.7M.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
I found something similar with barn finds. I was going to pay to finish the California GTO and its like 25m+ but others buy outs are like 30k

spronk

FPS noob
the crazy high prices are a way to funnel real money around, someone lists a car for 30m and then pays someone on ebay/etc $20 for 25m in forza credits and the person buys their car and now the whale has 25m credits

Vorph

the crazy high prices are a way to funnel real money around, someone lists a car for 30m and then pays someone on ebay/etc $20 for 25m in forza credits and the person buys their car and now the whale has 25m credits

How do they unlock the buyout cap though? I couldn't figure that out when I was buying an RX-7 Savannah to get the Twerkstallion... tons of them were listed for 20M somehow, while the normal AH cap was only like a couple hundred K.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I don't know how you could see the cost without actually doing the tuning yourself, but auctions often have tunes on them so it is possible a "double" AH price is actually cheaper than buying and upgrading from the show. If it is really "stock" then the only benefit from AH would be the daily if you've never bought an auction yet.

Can see the class and rating number. It's just people who think the AH is where you buy cars so go pay buyout without thinking.

One season in FH4 there was a car that you could buy from auto show, auto upgrade, then sell on AH, clearing 600k. They'd sell for buyout within minutes. I recently gotten into the game so did that with a bunch of them to afford the most expensive house. Was soul crushing ripping off fellow voters and members of juries, though.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>

But why meme