Forza Horizon 5

spronk

FPS noob
How do they unlock the buyout cap though? I couldn't figure that out when I was buying an RX-7 Savannah to get the Twerkstallion... tons of them were listed for 20M somehow, while the normal AH cap was only like a couple hundred K.

you have to hit like rank 5 in tuning (dunno how to do that, assume people download tunes you share) to override the AH cap on most cars. There are some cars that have very high natural caps, like some forza edition cars.

This weeks forzathon shop has the Agera RS 2017 and the Honda Civic Coupe. The last car is only unlockable via the forzathon shop, although I imagine we'll see a glut of them in the AH as dummy accounts work on farming FP points and converting it into forza cash. yeah i dunno why either. I bought the short sleeved shirt, cuz why the fuck not.

I'll spend the 400 FP points on the honda if it doesn't show up cheap on the weekend

FEfNbvVagAAb52D

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Cross Country has gotten stupid. They even tweaked the difficulty, but the AI just drives on rails, doesn't seem to be affected by water or jumps. Maybe I'm just more picky now, but it was always my favorite in other Horizon games, but is annoying now.

Have done the begining area Festival Cross Country in the seasonal Baja Bug and it's just not fun. Not because it's been hard to win just on highly skilled, but the physics of all the jumps mean you'll get stuck rewinding multiple times when your car lands and goes sideways in 5 different ways on 5 different rewinds from the same point in the air.

The water turn. If you slow down the AI blows past you. If you keep up speed you loose control, and the AI doesn't so blows past you.

Ah, just don't worry, the other smaller VW bugs will randomly flip over like they hit a fucking roadside IED. So I guess it makes it more fair if one of them is in the lead because it might spontaneously flip.

They've added too much arcade to Cross County tracks with increasingly absurd jumps and obstacles, but didn't tweak/remove enough of the simulation in the driving/car so the physics are constantly spazzing out.

Or maybe I just suck. But in FH3 I ran mostly real damage and no rewind, and now by FH5 I have rewind on and use it often just because jumps and water seem to consistently cause wipeouts.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I bought the Honda since none were on AH and it doesn't seem worth the bother for people for farm FP even if the AH buyout is currently set to ~2.4M. The actual value of the car is only 155k so if people did farm it the buyout would drop to almost nothing anyway.

Anyone complete the speed zone this week? If so, what car did you use? Tried half a dozen different cars/tunes and the best I've done is 5 mph short.

Cross Country has gotten stupid. They even tweaked the difficulty, but the AI just drives on rails, doesn't seem to be affected by water or jumps. Maybe I'm just more picky now, but it was always my favorite in other Horizon games, but is annoying now.
If you think doing it in the bug is bad, try the weekly Pickups & 4x4s championship. The AI is always ridiculous, but this event takes the cheating to an entirely new level. Still beat it [finally] but it was way beyond retarded.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
If you think doing it in the bug is bad, try the weekly Pickups & 4x4s championship. The AI is always ridiculous, but this event takes the cheating to an entirely new level. Still beat it [finally] but it was way beyond retarded.

I must have a good tune for the Bronco I used because those races weren't too bad for me.

Part of the charm? Sort of an arcade racer, but with heavy variability based on technical tuning. Feels a bit like split personality though.

For instance, people grumbling about the modern sportscar off-road event again, but with the Supra off-road tuned from last week I amjust driving past cars on turns like it's no big deal. Le Selva is a tough track especially in rain, but won by 6.5 seconds, fastest lap nearly 2 seconds faster. Think only one rewind. Lot of bad corners I didn't rewind to keep skill points. But with default cars that race has to be terrible.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Anyone complete the speed zone this week? If so, what car did you use? Tried half a dozen different cars/tunes and the best I've done is 5 mph short.

Oof. Just did a stock McClaren 605S full rain and was sliding all over and only got 110mph. Gonna need to set up the wheel for this.

One trick is the S at the apex.... Can just run straight through that. Oops. But didn't fail me so might actually be faster.

I feel like these events are catering too much to experienced drivers and assume quality tunes. They might want to tone them down or just do a tier system like normal.

spronk

FPS noob
this storm shit is NUTS, its really intense in some of the races

collected all the cars, didn't know until i was close that the reventon is the reward for getting the other 16 lambos. glad i didn't buy it on the AH, its like 15-20m credits. The 2 missing hondas are the rewards from forzathon shop and getting enough points from weekly seasonal. The 1963 beetle volkswagen, the other car i didn't know how to get, is earned from doing most of the story races for Vorcha story (second to last one unlocks it in accolades).

LQ0ilc2.jpg

• 1Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Haven't found a car I own with a good tune for the speed zone. And now cars aren't ghosting so I keep hitting them. Overall a challenge, for sure.

Vorph

Haven't found a car I own with a good tune for the speed zone. And now cars aren't ghosting so I keep hitting them. Overall a challenge, for sure.
C8 Vette with DJS' tune beat it easily (128mph I think) for me. Start on east side, and cut the S like you mentioned.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Nice. I must have grabbed a shitty GT-R tune, that was one of the first cars I tried and couldn't get above 112mph with it.

Finished 535/535 cars today too. Bit of a WTF moment when I hit 534 and it said I was still missing one, then I remembered car pass added the new Subaru today.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I'm only 210 cars. For playing so much I sure am a slacker.

For general info, got 130mph with GTR in sloppy run using 831 639 839. Seems a strong car that I think is pretty common.

• 1Solidarity

spronk

FPS noob

easy tip for all forza events: go to event, click leaderboards. You'll notice the top 15 almost all use the same cars, grab that car, find a tune that is named for the event, ez-clap win. Follow the herd works ... most of the time!

In FH4 it was basically just a rotation of 5 cars that won everything, it'll end up being similar here. One for fast speedtraps, one for curving shit (RS200 probably), one for drift zones, and another for off road stuff

the hotfix today apparently tweaked some cross country AI stuff

10m players have played FH5 so far. insane

Last edited:

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
easy tip for all forza events: go to event, click leaderboards. You'll notice the top 15 almost all use the same cars, grab that car, find a tune that is named for the event, ez-clap win. Follow the herd works ... most of the time!

In FH4 it was basically just a rotation of 5 cars that won everything, it'll end up being similar here. One for fast speedtraps, one for curving shit (RS200 probably), one for drift zones, and another for off road stuff

Checked leaderboard. Someone did 291mph in an S1 817 rated Warthog.

I wish we could sort by class and car type, see how fast the cheaters are going

And I agree, unfortunately, the game is prone to the same handful of cars doing everything. Which is why the game is a bit more interesting right now when everyone doesn't have all the cars and in restricted events.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I don't always crash into a car on a 500,000 drift score, but when I do it's into 3 VW beetles.

I swear this game does that shit on purpose. Hold a mad phat drift half the map then 3 beetles blocking the entire road.

• 1Worf

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
The seasonal speed zone was not terrible in a c8 corvette, think I did 129 mph on my second try. I finally won the trial today; absolute shit show. Most people are showing up without owning an i8 so they get a stock one, and the stock i8 is total garbage in the rain. Every race is in the rain, so the end result is people sliding their way through turns blocking the entire road. Lose the first event and half or more of your team quits which doesn't help either.

• 1Like

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I finally won the trial today; absolute shit show. Most people are showing up without owning an i8 so they get a stock one, and the stock i8 is total garbage in the rain. Every race is in the rain, so the end result is people sliding their way through turns blocking the entire road. Lose the first event and half or more of your team quits which doesn't help either.

I tried once and was reminded why I gave up most online stuff in FH4. It's just not fun with the conditions and design of the game they put people into. Add to it the gaming style these days where everything is online, but everyone is a stranger, and why bother. It's just not fun or interesting.

Pretty disappointed in FH5. They added dumb shit like masks and pronouns and an overload of just about everything from rewards to cars... But didn't seem to fix or improve anything.

The UI design philosophy is still shit, where you're constantly navigating out of multiple screens to go back into multiple others. Like festival playlist events where you go in, check car reqs, go out to go into cars, then go out to go into tuning, then go out to go back into festival playlist to start the event.

Basic bugs like your screen getting stuck with water droplets in cockpit view didn't get fixed from FH4. Maybe 3. Dunno that shit has been a big forever.

AI is worse than ever. Player racing worse than ever. Racing with a wheel initially feels more plug and play, but ultimately sucks for anything but B class and below. Racing with anything but AWD conversions sucks.

Arcade sucks, and is something they had working in the past, but managed to break.

The open world is pointless and has become more of an annoyance than novelty. Drive to the next event! But why? Go Home to customize your character... How about you just deliver my robot arms like you manage to deliver cars in an instant (while asking me every time if I want to have the car delivered to me when I just clicked 'get in' and have no fucking reason in the world to cancel that action based on the new information the car will be delivered to me. Delivered!? Wait, no, I change mind and will come to you instead!).

If I can't buy DLC welcome cars from the AH and instead it sends me to a DLC purchase page, then just don't show me those cars are available for me to bid on, because fuck you.

Filter button in garage is different from filter button on map. Can't explain that. You tried to filter but instead are purchasing a treasure map! Teehee oopsie.

Fuck Mexico. It's just not that interesting or varied as a map, and the shit "stories" and occasional Spanish words are max cringe like watching a liberal woman over pronounce booo-reee-towwww at Taco Bell and feeling so authentico.

As has plagued the industry, more lazy game design from distracted game developers.

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
Lose the first event and half or more of your team quits which doesn't help either.
Depends on who quits obviously, but I've found if the losers quit it makes race 2 & 3 easier. The scoring is still the same so if you end up with 3 vs 6 it's pretty easy to limit the ai to 100-300 points since they won't be racking up the 100s from the back of the pack. You'll still get 650 for wining since the ai still has 6 and that's almost enough even if 1 or 2 other players have trouble.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
so is this a fun racing game or is this more min/max madness? Never tried any of the Forza games but I'm debating renewing gamepass and trying it. Caveat : I'm more of an RPG than racing person.