Forza Horizon 5

spronk

FPS noob
nah the seasonal stuff is just buggy, the first day it didn't register me as completing some stuff, then i claimed the first reward and a day later it let me claim it again (I have two of em now), the fortunate thing is this weeks seasonal is sorta placeholder and there is no forzathon shop so the bugs aren't super important. Vorph just isn't able to complete the 3 race seasonal event which rewards a AMG M-B for winning, so sucks if you "lose" on that. Even today I tried to do an open horizon event for the "daily" seasonal and it won't register as complete.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So I got an AMG One and suddenly the game got a whole lot more fun. And it was already pretty damn fun.

Doing skill trains is actually feasible (I had a hard time chaining things like drifts before).

I don't know if I've seen very many races where I'd want to use it because it's just a bit too much. I went with someone else's tune though and kept it at S2 instead of X.

I've got a butt load of cars now and I'm not sure what to keep. Is this the kind of game where everything is viable (at least within a couple tiers)? I find myself leaning more towards "things I know," but the bulk of that comes from either Top Gear, which hasn't been on TV in a very long time, or shit I just "know" like a WRX or EVO.

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
I have to turn off real-time virus scanning on defender and start the game as an administrator or it crashes within a few seconds.

View attachment 381453

Friend seemed to have to disable his secondary monitor. Wonder if he has a different magnification on it, I've had that problem before (one monitor is 1440p, the other 2k so the latter was set to 125%)

Disabling Avast got me through the tutorial, but I had to do something so I couldn't keep playing. Tried to play again later (with Avast running again) and got a ctd again. Maybe it was just luck that I got through with Avast disabled (since I got half way through the AMG One part of the tutorial before crashing the first time, so almost finished it) or this game is just not anti virus, perhaps Avast specifically, friendly.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Might be some AI issues? I'm not great with faster cars, but came in first each using 3 different untuned cars. M5 being last and easiest race.

Some races the AI has seemed uncharacteristically fast, though.

What settings? Some of the settings can seriously slow you down. One time in FH3 I couldn't win a race no matter how hard O tried and realized some setting got accidentally switched and the game was auto braking for me lol oops.

Oh and don't pay much attention to which cars the AI wins with, it cheats.
I mean "fail" as in I've beaten in 3 times with 3 different cars, all A800 Super Saloons, and I still haven't gotten my 5pts or the AMG E63 S prize. Going to try it one more time when I get home with a AMG GT 4 that I just got, if that doesn't work I guess I just say fuck it. I don't need the 5pts and the prize car is only like 400k on the AH.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Rofl love it.
1636517601103.png

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Vorph

Finally got the season championship to work. Dunno if it was the car (AMG GT), the fact that I did the two sprints first and the circuit last (every other time I did sprint/circuit/sprint), or that I did it on PC instead of Series S or X.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I don't have an XBox so I'll need to wait for the oft-delayed Gran Turismo 7 if I want to play a modern racer.

How does the Forza series compare to the GT series? TBH I haven't played too much of either, and what I did play was in the 360/PS3 era.

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
I don't have an XBox so I'll need to wait for the oft-delayed Gran Turismo 7 if I want to play a modern racer.

How does the Forza series compare to the GT series? TBH I haven't played too much of either, and what I did play was in the 360/PS3 era.

Forza Horizon is not really comparable to Gran Turismo. It's more of an arcade racer; I would compare it more to Burnout than I would Gran Turismo. Forza Motorsport is their sim racer that's more akin to Gran Turismo. I have not played Gran Turismo since 5 so it would be tough for me to compare it with Motorsport 7, but I would say those 2 games play relatively similarly. I barely put any time into Motorsport 7 though because Horizon 4 was a much more fun game for me and I got both around the same time

Crone

That article seems to suggest that the drivatars are the actual times of your friends? But someone here was saying that it's not? So... is it?

Vorph

That article seems to suggest that the drivatars are the actual times of your friends? But someone here was saying that it's not? So... is it?
Drivatards just drive at the level you have difficulty set to while driving around in freeroam. I highly recommend playing online always even if you have no interest in racing randos in your world. Drivatards have collision just like normal traffic, except unlike normal traffic they drive down the middle of the fucking road about 80% of the time and are nothing but a nuisance. If you're online, other players are just ghosts and can't actually troll you, and if the servers go down it doesn't do anything to affect your game besides remove them from the world entirely.

The thing you're thinking of that's actually the times of your friends is the "Rivals" system. You can post a run on a particular race and then people can race against it.

Vorph

Handy spreadsheet for figuring out how to get particular cars. Useful because the in-game car collector thing just tells you the name of an accolade and it's up to you to sift through like 50 pages of them to find out what it requires. The list of cars only available from wheelspins is handy too (the only two I know of that are truly difficult to buy on AH are the Hyundai Veloster N and the Toyota Trueno). Also, there's 5 cars that are part of the Matryoshka accolade which you'll want to buy and then unlock the mastery for the second car (around 60-85 mastery points each).

Google Sheets

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Vorph

what was the consensus to use the free car and house vouchers on?
Either a fairly expensive (say, 2M+ and not available from an accolade... Bugatti Divo is a good choice) car that you know you want to drive, or a really expensive car if you're going to collect them all and want to save some grinding in the long run (again, one not from an accolade, so don't buy the 30M Shelby... go for the second most expensive one instead, can't remember what it was but it's like 22M I think). There's also another accolade for spending 10M+ on a car from the Autoshow which should unlock from buying one of them too, so bear that in mind if you're going to try to unlock as many accolades as possible. You could probably buy the super expensive cars for vastly less than autoshow prices by using the AH, but at some point you must spend 10M+ at the show to unlock that particular accolade.

The free houses are fixed, you don't get to pick. Definitely buy the fast travel one (Buenas Vistas, requires Street Scene expedition) with your first 2M though.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande

They've always tried to claim drivatars are real times or real habits of actual friends, but it's bullshit. For one, friends who never even logged into the game will have drivatars. Second, watch the ghosts in rivals and see how spastic they are vs drivatars.

Maybe it's paced based on times, but still doubt it, and that would be a massive wasted of dev time.

FH4 people pretty well proved it's just generic programming and shitty at that. Would be awesome if it was actual times and habits, but how would that even work with changing difficulty ratings (the loading new drivatars is imo just for show... They could make any go as fast as they're programed to run).

Vorph

loading new drivatars is imo just for show
"Loading new drivatars" when you change race difficulty is just the game deciding whether the cars have impossible stats for their class or ridiculously impossible stats for their class.

Edit: PSA if you just can't beat "unbeatable" opponents for the accolades since they are vastly harder than they were in FH4 and you don't mind out-cheating the cheaters... you can join a race in a stock car and then use the tuning option just before the race starts to load an online tune, effectively letting you race with S1 or maybe higher against a bunch of D class.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Same, sent a request for the foh club. Looking forward to smashing your cars to a victory

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
What do clubs even do? I'm assuming friends lists factor into matchmaking, maybe clubs too? Or just a place to share screenshots?

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, not sure what pysek pysek is doing. My request has been in for 2 days. Only 4 people in the club. Just accept everyone, dude!

Anyone got any recommendations for good cars in the A or S1 tiers? I find most of the S2 and X ones are just too hard to race against, and I seem to have trouble with A and S1 with finding decent cars that don't suffer from massive understeer (despite using either other people's tunes, or using those guides from HokiHoshi), or just big handling or speed problems. I have like 75 cars in my garage now, but I really have no fucking clue what's good.

And all the "internet" stuff only talks about shit like the Jesko or Sesto. Which is great and all, but I want something normal to race in. I just can't find anything that seems decent.