Forza Horizon 5

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
FYI, I made a Fires of Heaven club, FOH. If anyone wants an invite GT is pysek (bemused spock icon). This is for you Utnayan Utnayan I don't want to miss any more of your drunk drag racing.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

pysek

<Gold Donor>
1636421221523.png

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
The sheer number of ads for this I am seeing on twitch guarantees I will never play this. How fucking stupid do you have to be to pay to advertise on a platform that uses those ads to annoy people into paying not to see them anymore? I just don't get it.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Is it wrong I find it better to drive with keyboard than a controller?
whoa. The problem is that keys are just all or nothing, there is very little hold the key half way so it can make stuff harder sometimes.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Forza Horizon games always a bit finicky with a wheel.

Even when I finally got my old Driving Force Pro (PS 2 era) wheel settings down I still only used it mostly for the fastest cars, but wasn't necessary for slower cars and controller was always better off-road anyhow.

Got a new Thrustmaster wheel this year, which was easier to get settings right, but still used a controller most A and lower cars.

For better or worse Forza Horizon is designed to be functional with a controller even for people who suck at stick control like I do.

Seeing people say 5 is much more friendly for racing wheels, and hope that is true.

Crone

I feel like the deadzone settings on the controllers are HUGE, and so when driving I feel like I just am full left/right to go around turns. There are no subtle movements because it goes from not moving at all to moving all the way due to the huge deadzone. Maybe this is wrong and just the way I'm feeling it? Kinda sucks.

Vorph

Has anyone successfully completed the season championship? I've beaten it twice now, once with an Audi RS6 Avant (A800) and again just a few minutes ago with a non-Welcome Pack Porsche Taycan Turbo S (A799). Came in first all three races both times, but no credit for the season and no AMG reward.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I was just reading this has 800k players before the "normal" launch already, insane

• 1Mother of God

spronk

FPS noob
Has anyone successfully completed the season championship? I've beaten it twice now, once with an Audi RS6 Avant (A800) and again just a few minutes ago with a non-Welcome Pack Porsche Taycan Turbo S (A799). Came in first all three races both times, but no credit for the season and no AMG reward.

i beat it and got the reward, you have to use a Super Saloon vehicle not sure if those 2 cars are super saloons. Thats one weird thing about the seasonal championships, they require very specific cars but still let you run them with any car, but it won't count.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I feel like the deadzone settings on the controllers are HUGE, and so when driving I feel like I just am full left/right to go around turns. There are no subtle movements because it goes from not moving at all to moving all the way due to the huge deadzone. Maybe this is wrong and just the way I'm feeling it? Kinda sucks.

Should be advanced settings for that (at least was in other versions). Turn dead zone to zero helped me a lot. And steering linearity can change behavior to better match your preferred feel, might turn it up if you want more wheel turn with less stick movement (I prefer the opposite it anything).

Also for touchy cars instead of straight left-right movements, using the stick from the forward position made subtle movements easier but was tiring.

Also, try out differences between normal and simulation steering setting. Simulation with controller was always wonky to me.

• 1Like

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Holy shit, must have crashed into an ugly stick in the jungle because these avatards are uggos. Every one has derpy eyes. Why do they mess up the dumbest shit.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Game crashes like crazy.

Also, is a pronoun really fucking necessary for a racing game and what is with all these new games having unskippable cutscenes? I just want to drive the fucking cars.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Game crashes like crazy.

Also, is a pronoun really fucking necessary for a racing game and what is with all these new games having unskippable cutscenes? I just want to drive the fucking cars.
Cut-scenes are the new loading screens.

• 1Truth!

Vorph

i beat it and got the reward, you have to use a Super Saloon vehicle not sure if those 2 cars are super saloons. Thats one weird thing about the seasonal championships, they require very specific cars but still let you run them with any car, but it won't count.
Yeah, almost every Audi is a Super Saloon, as are the Porsche Taycan Turbo S and Panamera. What car did you use?

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
It's one game my autistic son will regularly play
Game crashes like crazy.

Uh, new Microsoft isn't pushy Woke, but they are letting you be as Two-Spirit Robot Arm Blonde Afro Point of Privilege Woke as you want.

BTW, I bought 3 copies for me and my kids, haven't been able to see each other since the first day all sitting in the same room but its a mega ton of fun. FH4 was a super jam and even my autistic son loves to drive in this game. Its one of the few games he will still play and just Freeroaming is fun as fuck. I don't enjoy driving games and still find myself driving for hours. WTH. A-mazing. I have got to figure out tuning as well.

I am super jealous of Spronk's app wall of FH.

Last edited:

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Game crashes like crazy.

Funny thing is people already triggered on Reddit because they picked they/them and the game misgendered them minutes later as a she.

So, maybe not woke, but epic troll.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

pysek

<Gold Donor>
Also, aren't xi\xirs really pissed off at being excluded?

• 2Worf