Forza Horizon 5

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Interested to see what's available in the Forzathon shop - stuck in meetings all day today but I guess it'll open up now that the game is "released"?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Having fun so far.

So I noticed you can see your friends in the races, but I'm assuming it's just an AI controlled and has no relevance to their performance. It seems the only thing that is transferred over is (maybe) their choice of car for that race, and the nametag. Is there any way to see their best time? Or do like a Mario Kart thing where I can see the ghost of their best race? Because that'd be super cool if so.

Anyway, wondering what a good first car to buy would be. Have just over 100k, which sounds like is a pittance.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Having fun so far.

So I noticed you can see your friends in the races, but I'm assuming it's just an AI controlled and has no relevance to their performance. It seems the only thing that is transferred over is (maybe) their choice of car for that race, and the nametag. Is there any way to see their best time? Or do like a Mario Kart thing where I can see the ghost of their best race? Because that'd be super cool if so.

Rivals is where it's actually ghosted lap times. They claim regular solo races take into account Driver habits and times, but if it does it's only on a very passive level.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Something weird happens with the AFK Goliaths. Had the game crash a few times during super smooth Goliath runs and when I get back in the car does NOT perform the same on the track. Even reloaded the tune etc.. and its just way more floaty (even in the Sesto) and goes off the track more.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Interested to see what's available in the Forzathon shop - stuck in meetings all day today but I guess it'll open up now that the game is "released"?

Doesn't open for me still. Chatter saying this first week of forzathon was just filler and not "real" whatever that means. So maybe no shop yet? I took a look at a bunch of shit I wouldn't feel like rushing to do and just noped out. And the one online thing I accidentally clicked seemed to crash and not open.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Anyway, wondering what a good first car to buy would be. Have just over 100k, which sounds like is a pittance.

I spent my first 120k on 3 Willy's Jeeps to unlock the super wheel spins. Now have 700k and several new random cars.

As for what cars to buy, unless they are required for a forzathon challenge I rarely buy new cars. Get so many just playing.

FH3 I bought a Mazdaspeed 3 I did most of my driving in just cuz I liked the car and the challenge of a more basic car. Audi RS3 for FH4. Cars like that can be handy early as they're decently upgradable and can versatile.

Sometimes buy a D off roader if I don't have one because I find it a fun challenge that requires more skill than just mashing the gas. (Won a 74 Bronco with a wheel spin so good there now).

Forza Horizon games are great for doing things however you want no matter how random (and I personally get bogged down in the min-max if I let myself). And get a ton of cars thrown your way just playing. Not like early Gran Turismo games where your first few cars made a huge difference in progression.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
FYI, I made a Fires of Heaven club, FOH. If anyone wants an invite GT is pysek (bemused spock icon). This is for you Utnayan Utnayan I don't want to miss any more of your drunk drag racing.

Just added ya ;)

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
Something weird happens with the AFK Goliaths. Had the game crash a few times during super smooth Goliath runs and when I get back in the car does NOT perform the same on the track. Even reloaded the tune etc.. and its just way more floaty (even in the Sesto) and goes off the track more.

maybe check if your game is on performance or quality mode, but yeah there is something janky about the game sessions and sometimes your car will just feel off and drive off kilter, restarting the game fixed it for me. AFK goliath is very ymmv, there are 3-4 spots where your car can go off the road and not recover by itself no matter what. I'm not a big fan, I've tried both a X sesto FE and a 800 tuned other car and both times the car got stuck by itself.

For the lulz I ran xcloud all night on my PC with rubberband controller and it got stuck on lap 4 of goliath and then eventually xcloud killed my session, haha. Probably running it on PC with W key wedged down and visuals all turned down to ultra low in a 720p window is the way to go overnight. Theres a 8 min tune that should let you do a 60 lap goliath 8 hours overnight, might install FH5 on my PC today just to fuck around. Kinda pointless though, I''m already up to 8m credits and I'm not a car hoarder. Buying tons of Jeep Willis, spending 5 skill points, burning the super wheelspin, and then gifting the willis (gives you back the skill points after 24 hours) is an easy loop to millions.

the auction house is nuts, there are game resellers that buy up every single Sesto FE under 5m and sell for 6m. Its like the PS5 and GPU bot resellers are now trying to do the same in forza, but all you get is... game credits? lol

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
It looks like you can't gift the Willys anymore so that opportunity for easy money is past.

• 1Worf

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Have had intermittent controller and sound issues on series x. Thought headset was going bad, but then controller was acting up too. Was noticeable lag and lacking input in menus and made driving a bit off. Anyone having weird issues might just restart the game if course (one time that didn't help sound issues, but restarting console did). Didn't seem to be localized as controller/sound worked fine outside of game once closed.

Edit: wonder if issues was some kind of background patch.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
maybe check if your game is on performance or quality mode, but yeah there is something janky about the game sessions and sometimes your car will just feel off and drive off kilter, restarting the game fixed it for me. AFK goliath is very ymmv, there are 3-4 spots where your car can go off the road and not recover by itself no matter what. I'm not a big fan, I've tried both a X sesto FE and a 800 tuned other car and both times the car got stuck by itself.

For the lulz I ran xcloud all night on my PC with rubberband controller and it got stuck on lap 4 of goliath and then eventually xcloud killed my session, haha. Probably running it on PC with W key wedged down and visuals all turned down to ultra low in a 720p window is the way to go overnight. Theres a 8 min tune that should let you do a 60 lap goliath 8 hours overnight, might install FH5 on my PC today just to fuck around. Kinda pointless though, I''m already up to 8m credits and I'm not a car hoarder. Buying tons of Jeep Willis, spending 5 skill points, burning the super wheelspin, and then gifting the willis (gives you back the skill points after 24 hours) is an easy loop to millions.

the auction house is nuts, there are game resellers that buy up every single Sesto FE under 5m and sell for 6m. Its like the PS5 and GPU bot resellers are now trying to do the same in forza, but all you get is... game credits? lol
Yeah i tried to do a 50 lapper last night and it crashed on 14 =/ Sad times.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
The Willy loop still seems to be working on console. Got skill points back from gifting about an hour ago. They either somewhat inept for not catching this or don't really care.

Nice because it gives 3k exp too, so even more wheel spins.

Have done 14 of them. Went from 120k initial investment to over 3 million now (racing and stuff too). Money doesn't really matter much in the long run but will be nice for buying houses for maybe 15 minutes of actual flipping.

spronk

FPS noob
i gifted out like 70 willys yesterday, it brings me joy thinking of people racing to the barn to get their free gift and opening up a shitty WW2 jeep. Its Festivus For The Rest of Us

• 1Worf

spronk

FPS noob
Yeah, almost every Audi is a Super Saloon, as are the Porsche Taycan Turbo S and Panamera. What car did you use?

i wish there was a way to see your race history but pretty sure I used the 1 Series M Coupe 2011 BMW to do the Descansar Dorado Sprint seasonal championship, the car has to be A-800 or less too so the default Porsche Taycan wouldn't work as its S1-807 or S1-900 for the welcome pack one.

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
Can't get through the tutorial mission. Constant crashes to desktop, 4 times already. Seems like this is not an uncommon thing, unfortunately. Game seems fun though, wish I could actually play it

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
i wish there was a way to see your race history but pretty sure I used the 1 Series M Coupe 2011 BMW to do the Descansar Dorado Sprint seasonal championship, the car has to be A-800 or less too so the default Porsche Taycan wouldn't work as its S1-807 or S1-900 for the welcome pack one.
There's ways to downgrade class, like putting offroad tires on the Taycan drops it to about 790 or so. I'll try a BMW or maybe a MB/AMG (seeing as that's the reward) tonight and see if that works.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Can't get through the tutorial mission. Constant crashes to desktop, 4 times already. Seems like this is not an uncommon thing, unfortunately. Game seems fun though, wish I could actually play it
I have to turn off real-time virus scanning on defender and start the game as an administrator or it crashes within a few seconds.

1636501894204.png

Friend seemed to have to disable his secondary monitor. Wonder if he has a different magnification on it, I've had that problem before (one monitor is 1440p, the other 2k so the latter was set to 125%)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Tried seasonal championship with a BMW M5, fail yet again. I'm even racing against some of the cars I've used myself without success.

Lots of other people bitching about it on reddit too, but it doesn't make sense that some people are able to complete it.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Tried seasonal championship with a BMW M5, fail yet again. I'm even racing against some of the cars I've used myself without success.

Lots of other people bitching about it on reddit too, but it doesn't make sense that some people are able to complete it.

Might be some AI issues? I'm not great with faster cars, but came in first each using 3 different untuned cars. M5 being last and easiest race.

Some races the AI has seemed uncharacteristically fast, though.

What settings? Some of the settings can seriously slow you down. One time in FH3 I couldn't win a race no matter how hard O tried and realized some setting got accidentally switched and the game was auto braking for me lol oops.

Oh and don't pay much attention to which cars the AI wins with, it cheats.