Forza Horizon 5

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Is Forzathon not working yet? Like the Weekly challenge doesn't move on to the next step when I drive my Fairlady Z, I'm not seeing any progress on daily challenges, and the shop errors out.

Also, I got all the Welcome Pack stuff, but the 8 drift cars from the Car Pack aren't available yet?

Played all morning/afternoon on Series X Quality mode and so far the 30 fps hasn't hindered me at all. Going to try 60 fps mode on Series S as a comparison soon.

Vorph

Oh, and make sure to go buy (for free) the La Casa Solariega house immediately after you finish the tutorial section. Not only does it give 5 super wheelspins, but it's also how you get your 2x FP perk.

There's another free house called Lugar Tranquilo all the way out on the eastern coast, but it's mostly just useful for convenience.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
i think the forzathon shop is broken but everything else seems to be working. events are weird, spawn frequently and give you very little time to get to them. The weekly stuff is good for another 6 days so no real rush, i'm waiting till US servers go live before buying anything.

lotta little tweaks, like the weekly seasonal stuff been collapsed a lot to be way easier, but also the weekly race that has you racing against very hard drivatars is a lot easier.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Anyone been able to get this to work with a vpn on pc? Mine won't launch

Go into settings - time and language -date, time & regional settings and you'll see a country/region drop down menu. Set to new Zealand and good to go.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Go into settings - time and language -date, time & regional settings and you'll see a country/region drop down menu. Set to new Zealand and good to go.
Which settings menu and is it one of those "you can change this once a year" type of things (or am I thinking PS4).

Edit: NM looks like its just good 'ol windows region settings. Go time.

Last edited:

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I beat spronk spronk last night in some rival thing.

Just putting that here right now. And by a healthy 1.2 second margin.

Suck on that Mr Forza! Come at me!

• 2Like

spronk

FPS noob
it is neat that it alerts you when rivals beat your time, i beat you again but then i guess you double beat me. honestly i'm not great at the game, i just love playing it so i've sunk hundreds of hours into the franchise. i rewind... a LOT

game is just drop dead gorgeous and i love setting, mexico is fantastic to ride around in and the dust storms are neat

rimtojezumx71.jpg

if you're new to the franchise play at your own pace, picking up all 50 fast travel boards (lightning boards) gives you free fast travel anywhere on the map, which imo is the most useful thing to unlock. after that buy/unlock a few porsches and lambos and you've got a nice car stew

• 4Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
All I know is Im sure I've killed about 5000 people running into all those houses and apartments when you race those motorcycles at the beginning. Brakes are for noobs.

• 1Worf

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Got my first 911, painted it a dark purple and am just having a ball with this so far. They took all that I loved from 3 (vs 4) and iterated just enough for me to say this is the best Forza Horizon game of all time, and quite frankly the best looking game I've ever played. 10/10 from Springbok

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Not really sure where all these glowing reviews are coming from. Actually find the environment more boring than FH4 and the voice acting/storylines should have been nuked from orbit they're so bad/cringe. Racing is solid as always however which trumps it all.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
That's about how I felt about 4 (until a few xpacs dropped, then I really loved the game) - just felt like a step down after FH3, which until today was my favorite racer of all time. This just feels like a throwback to 3 with updated, extraordinary graphics, a great soundtrack again (thank god), and some absolutely jaw dropping, epic set pieces.

Having a ball and will be getting lit tonight talking shit to strangers online

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
How can we add folks? And is it cross play with pc? And is there voice chat? Trying to not play with randoms. And Spronk beat me by like .00008. Let’s go!

• 1Like

YxxanYxxan

Lord Nagafen Raider
How can we add folks? And is it cross play with pc? And is there voice chat? Trying to not play with randoms. And Spronk beat me by like .00008. Let’s go!
Its crossplay pc/xbox! Can someone make a clan or whatever its called?

• 1Truth!

spronk

FPS noob
You have to get a few events in your belt first (tutorial essentially) after that the full Horizon Online menu should open up. Open up options (hamburger button on controller) go right to Online then Convoy is how you manage your online session, you can invite friends or join a friends session and then you can do events co-op together - anything you can play, you can play coop. Friends/Players also lets you invite people into your session, but Convoy is how you join stuff through party leader.

Unfortunately online sessions are a bit broken right now, you'll likely constantly get disconnected and frozen for a second so most people are playing offline (Solo mode). It'll probably work in a week or two.

its cross play so just add people to your xbox friends list and they will populate your drivatar, rivals, etc lists with their player which is nice. My GT is spronk, i already have ut in my list. I generally tend to be AFK or doing other stuff most of the time if I am playing, so don't be mad if I don't accept your invite.

• 2Like

Crone

Is "Follow" what it's called now to add someone to friends?

XBox Gamertag: KrunkyCrone

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I can’t wait to try this. It looks so nice. I liked 4 and this looks very similar.

• 1Like