Forza Horizon 5

spronk

FPS noob
yeah for single player races tuning your car is the most important factor in winning a race, most people start a race, pick a car and then start. thats a mistake, you wanna pick a car, quit out of the race, then go to the garage and search for a tune for that race/class/tier (remember what it was, some races limit you to B-600 or S-900 for example). Eventually you'll build up a stable of 20-30 cars that are all tuned and fully upgraded (car points spent), i favorite those so its easy to pick in races. I've won every single player race in FH4 with a green car so its really just the tune that drives your win, not the car level. Only for multiplayer does true min/maxing become important.

The forzathon events also require specific cars and tiers, like this week has one that needs an Audi max 998 and another is track toys 998. So you have to spend 150-200k after buying a car for each of those, but after a while you have a full library of cars that are "best in slot" for any event.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
How is the forzathon week thing going to be affected by early access. Still be able to complete it all even late to party? Server stability allowing for the online races?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Getting 26pts for the cars should be easy enough still. I'm about to get the NSX and I took a full day off of Forza to finish Guardians of the Galaxy. They pushed a hotfix for the server problems earlier this afternoon which seems to have helped (though I did just get disconnected from my session a little while ago).

Btw, if anyone needs a tune for the Ranchito speed zone, here's mine for my Audi RS6 Avant 2015: 159 627 507. I tested it and was able to beat the 92MPH req going either way. Same car can be used for the 3 race series too, but for that I just grabbed someone else's A800 tune. Strangely though, I won all three races and it didn't give me credit... no car and no 5 pts for the season. Shitty because that was all I needed for the NSX and now I guess I have to do it all over again.

Crone

Vorph Vorph Yea, I just started setting GPS points to the story modes myself, and that's worked. Not a big deal really, and the filters you can apply to the map help out a lot.

I've tuned 1 car, the BMW X5, but I didn't know what I was doing. I spent like 150k credits on upgrades, via auto upgrade. Then I went into find a tune, and found someone's tune and hit apply? Not sure if I did it right, and I was fo sure not doing it for any particular race.

Getting all your cars "geared" out, and "trans'mogged" the way you want, and "slotted" the way you need gives this shit an MMO game feel and I fucking love it. :)

Vorph

Personally I just ditch Anna for telemetry anyway. Way more useful if you make your own tunes, or if you want to know if the one you downloaded was made by someone who actually knows what they are doing.

As far as tuning goes, if you want to use premade ones, just find the one you want and hit download and install. It will tell you how much it costs to apply and you can decide if you want to spend that much or pick a different one. You only need to buy the parts yourself when you're making your own tune. The bad part of using premade ones is that they're locked and you can't make adjustments if it's just slightly off from how you want it to drive. That's the main reason I ended up making my own Audi tune, couldn't find any other ones with offroad tires and even worse all the S2 tunes had either race tires or slicks. I couldn't even come close to beating 92 mph and half the time I'd slide off the road enough to fail the run entirely. With offroad tires I beat it on the first try easily. And on the bright side, when you buy someone else's tune you keep all the parts so switching over to your own custom one generally won't cost very much (especially if you're tuning something like A-tier all the way up to S2 and it's basically just picking all the max-hp options).

Last edited:

Fucker

Log Wizard
I gotta say, these people went completely apeshit making this game. It makes other racing games look like a weekend project.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, just wait until they start releasing content. Shit like the Lego update in 4 was bonkers, lol.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

pwe

This is my first racing game, ever. Having tons of fun so far, just doing random things.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob
if you really liked FH5 some day go back and play the older games, they are all great and are all just minor Quality of Life improvements from one game to the other

FH1 - colorado, 360 game so more on rails and locked 30 fps
FH2 - Italy, absolutely drop dead gorgeous
FH3 - Australia, really neat setting
FH4 - England/Scotland

my xbox library of just racing games, almost all are on gamepass or came from games with gold

MyForzaGames.jpg

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Onrush was such a disappointment, looked cool but pure garbage. Grabbing Forza soon been a long while since I had a reason to bust out the racing wheel setup.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Hoooooly shit! Finally got the Lambo Sesto FE - this car is absolutely nuts and is like driving on a rail basically. Even more nutz than the Bugatti Divo or the AMG One.

I'm up to like level 75 or so? GOTY, by far, and the best racing game I've ever played. I love this game so much....

Vorph

if you really liked FH5 some day go back and play the older games, they are all great and are all just minor Quality of Life improvements from one game to the other
Sadly, the only way to play old Forza games (besides FH4) is to track down a used physical copy, and they're stupidly expensive (especially if all you really want them for is the loyalty bonuses). Even GameFly only has FH3, FM6, and FM7 still available. I don't get why they retired FM7 even though 8 is probably at least a year away still.

Hoooooly shit! Finally got the Lambo Sesto FE - this car is absolutely nuts and is like driving on a rail basically. Even more nutz than the Bugatti Divo or the AMG One.
Yeah, the FE bonus on the Sesto Elemento is a set of magic tires that are far more sticky than anything you can put on any other car in the game.

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>

I'm up to like level 75 or so? GOTY, by far, and the best racing game I've ever played. I love this game so much....
I was literally ONE slot away from winning that thing on the wheel. I cursed.

• 1Like

Vorph

Anyone looking to start making their own tunes -- this guy's videos are a pretty good starting point:

I don't agree with the beginning of the first video; S2 and X races are much harder to win than D-B, especially when AI drivers are much more of a challenge (and by that I mean they cheat) in FH5 than they were in 4. The rest is a great beginner guide though.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
Anyone looking to start making their own tunes -- this guy's videos are a pretty good starting point:

I don't agree with the beginning of the first video; S2 and X races are much harder to win than D-B, especially when AI drivers are much more of a challenge (and by that I mean they cheat) in FH5 than they were in 4. The rest is a great beginner guide though.
Every single Forza release I commit anew to learning the intricacies of tuning. I swear to myself that *this* year will be the year I become a tuning God!

10 boring minutes later: Car go Zooooooom!

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Reading this thread is daunting as I have no clue about anything anyone is saying, having never played a Forza game before.

Anything I need to know tomorrow before I dive in, or just go for it? Not really interested in watching a 30 minute YouTube video, either.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Just play. It's fun. That's it.

When you want to go deeper you can get into tuning, etc.

If you don't, just enjoy.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
yeah just play, there is not a single choice you make that "locks" you out of anything or is a mistake, eventually you unlock everything just playing and nothing is permanent locked behind a choice or anything. Its a sandcraft type of game with fast and furious vibes

• 1Like

Vorph

The most important thing to know right now is that the Lamborghini Sesto Elemento is the best car in the game. It's to the point where people are scalping them like PS5s... when one goes up at the base buyout (~3.78M) it is bought out instantly and then resold for 5M and up. So I would strongly recommend doing a filter for Lambo Sesto FE, max buyout 4M and grabbing one as soon as you can. It's only going to get worse as another massive wave of players hits tomorrow.

A follow up to what I said about buying Toyota GR Supras if you want to farm super wheelspins. Scratch the Supra, the actual best thing to buy is the 1945 Willys Jeep. It costs the same 5 mastery points for a super wheelspin, but the Jeep itself only costs 40k, and you get 7k XP from the first node instead of only 3k. And remember, only buy from the autoshow.