Free Guy (2020)

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Never heard of Taika until now, kind of annoying as a villain..

Just got back from this, it's one of my new favorite movies. It was consistently funny and fun to watch.
This was pretty funny, coulda been 20minutes shorter. 8.5/10

Agree that it could've been a tad shorter.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
This was a pale shadow of The Trueman Show and in NO way held a candle to Ready Player One.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
This was a pale shadow of The Trueman Show and in NO way held a candle to Ready Player One.

sddefault.jpg

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I'm not gonna lie. Free Guy will not go down in history as being better than Terminator 2: Judgment Day.

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users

spronk

FPS noob
free guy will be on PVOD Sept 28th, bluray discs Oct 12th, HBO Max sometime in Nov or Dec, and not be on Disney+ until 2023 - HBO Max has an exclusive contract for like 2 years.

the one caveat is that the HBO Max deal only applies to USA so Free Guy WILL be on Disney+ international later this year.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
checked this out, its mostly pretty good. yeah they borrowed from Truman Show and they ripped off the scene from Wall-E where Eva sparks Wall-E's memory at the end. but i enjoyed the first hour a lot and the last 30 minutes were ok. i wouldnt even mind watching it again.
8/10

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
the torrent out is weirdly 25 fps instead of usual 24 fps. I think European releases go at 25 fps to match PAL signal (50 hz) although I honestly don't really understand how that stuff works.

PVOD is out next tuesday so should see decent 4k rips early next week, probably better just to wait for that

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the torrent out is weirdly 25 fps instead of usual 24 fps. I think European releases go at 25 fps to match PAL signal (50 hz) although I honestly don't really understand how that stuff works.

PVOD is out next tuesday so should see decent 4k rips early next week, probably better just to wait for that
yeah, i'm gonna wait for the better quality copy. the high seas version really sucks. for no reason the version i had, broke into spanish for the last 10 minutes. at first i thought it was some inside joke for the movie. nope, it was spanish spanish. had to search a different copy that didnt do that, then i watched the ending. still a better copy would be nice. i liked the visuals.

Goatface

which rip did you get? only saw the HDrip this morning, but this afternoon there are some vod, web and bluray ones out.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah just saw the blu ray rips are out now, but only 1080p not yet 4k. pretty weird. I don't see a 4K HDR rip yet, I usually go for those.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
There wasn't anything woke about it, some fun cameos, and Ryan Reynolds. It's a sign of the times but that gets a gold star from me.

The story was a little too wholesome romcom for me, which doesn't make much sense with the setting... But again, there is a SINGLE line about the real world having a lot of fun violence, but outside of that there was no politics involved and that needs to be praised

edit: GUN violence. lol stupid phone and autocorrect

Last edited: