Free Guy (2020)

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
The movie started out alright, cringy but alright, it had potential. But then it just does more of the same and then introduces some human characters that I didn't give a damn about. Overall it was too sappy, relied over much on juvenile humor and lacked sympathetic characters.

They should've cast it with teenagers or made a cartoon instead. I turned it off three quarters of the way in and don't regret it.

Last edited:

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Just watched it, was ok but I do hate love story movies. Just keep that shit out and it's much better.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
I enjoyed this for the fun stupid movie it was but had alot of trouble ignoring the stupidity of how they handled servers and data.

thats-not-how-this-works-thats-not-how-any-of-this-works.gif

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Thought this was pretty funny. The last 10 minutes kinda ruined the movie. But I enjoyed it for what it was and don’t regret it.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I dunno, seems like we still haven't gotten over the hump of all video game movies being pretty cringey.

I wanted to like it. And then worse is that as far as realism goes, it also becomes super weird with things like them "hacking" and using god mode, or all the Twitch streamers.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I think you guys forget this movie was made for like 12-13 year olds. It was cringe for sure but if you were a snot nosed little faggot zoomer who does fortnight dances this movie was targeted just for you.

• 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I think you guys forget this movie was made for like 12-13 year olds. It was cringe for sure but if you were a snot nosed little faggot zoomer who does fortnight dances this movie was targeted just for you.
Yeah they kept showing the players as like 13 year olds. At first I thought it was supposed to be a joke but it kept happenings. I think it wasn't a joke and just showing the demographic

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
It was really good. I will probably rewatch because some of the best shit was the stuff players were doing in the background. I about lost it when the player was running and jumping against a wall. I think something serious was going on in the foreground but I wouldn't know because I wasn't paying attention. One thing they did well and surprised me was the real people figuring out he was an NPC. I figured they would do something hamfisted like he would eventually tell the girl and because she was in love she'd just believe him.

Destroying the servers and the handshake agreement was all fucking retarded though. Overall, the bulk of it was better than Ready Player 1, but the ending of RP1 was way better than this. It probably helped that i went in with low expectations after reading this thread. So if you haven't seen it ... it sucks, go watch it anyway.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Ryan Reynolds needs to get back in his fucking lane and focus on making edgey R rated superhero movies.

We are all full up on virtue signaling Hollywood elites.

• 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 user

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Eh, I enjoyed it. I rolled my eyes at stuff like sticking one hand into a laptop in a box, hitting a few keys, and changing shit in an online world (without having to reboot the server no less) but overall I enjoyed it because it was light and fun. I won't go out of my way to rewatch it or anything, but if it comes on again in a few years I might leave it on.

I thought the girl was far hotter as the RL nerd in baggy clothes. She looked about 35 in the game.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 4 users

Homsar

This movie is amazing. There is so many thing to trigger people the second watch

• 1Like
  • 1Garbage

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Shit was boring. They had a decent premise, but no idea what to do with it

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
You shouldn't. It was great. Not Ready Play One levels of awesome, but it was damn entertaining none the less.

• 1Direct to DVD
  • 1Garbage

spronk

FPS noob
not what I expected, its a rom-com with a Fortnite/GTA skin instead of a focused video game movie. Its ok, I was bored for most of it. Great for a watch at home, I'd probably be pissed if I saw it in theaters. The first 30 minutes remind me a lot of the first Lego Movie but after that its a Hallmark rom-com.

The most surprising thing was some of the weapon/skin cameos in the end, that musta been an interesting licensing trick although its really just 3-4 extremely minor things, vs the 40+ random ass things that was in ready player, one. The movie is super predictable and formulaic. A bunch of streamers keep making cameos and I just found it all grating and annoying as fuck.

I really wish Taiko Waititi would stop acting, it was cute once or twice but now he is just an annoying cunt.

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity

Homsar

Shit was boring. They had a decent premise, but no idea what to do with it
The movie wasnt ready player one but its a rare to watch a movie without trying to put out a message these days. If ready player had a Lady vox or Trakanon In the battle i would have lost it.