Free Guy (2020)

spronk

FPS noob
books will be written about what an amazing marketing genius ryan reynold is

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I saw this tonight. Holy shit, it was great. I had the same feeling leaving the theater that I had after watching Ready Player One. This movie was badass. Ryan knocked it out of the park yet again. Plus, I guess because of the agreement with Disney, they were able to make all kinds of great Easter eggs. Reynolds is so perfect for this type of role. Not to mention the director of Green Lantern with his Albuquerque Boiled Turkey

Edit - I removed possible spoilers that mentioned an item.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
How is this for kids? I’m apprehensive about it for my nephews cause of that virgin joke.

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
The movie isn't sexual at all, excerpt with language. The big move is a kiss, and that's all. Oh, they show actors doing the t-bag action after killing people. The movie is violent in a cartoon type of way. If the kids played GTA, it would be nothing.
Actually, thinking back, the only thing that shows damage is when he spins the gun of the bad guy who's trying to rob the bank, and the guy squeezes the trigger, thus killing himself. They play it easy though. The other NPC's are like "You killed him!" and his response is that the guy is just sleeping, and the hole in his chest (no blood) will be gone when he wakes up.

Last edited:

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The movie isn't sexual at all, excerpt with language. The big move is a kiss, and that's all. Oh, they show actors doing the t-bag action agreed killing people. The movie is violent in a cartoon type of way. If the kids played GTA, it would be normal.
my dad used to pre-watch movies for us kids to make sure it wasnt too intense/dirty. i also think he did that because he didnt want us brats nagging him with questions while the movie was going. watch the movie yourself and then watch it again with the family if its ok. this way no surprises and you wont get put in the doghouse by the missus .

• 1Garbage

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
my dad used to pre-watch movies for us kids to make sure it wasnt too intense/dirty. i also think he did that because he didnt want us brats nagging him with questions while the movie was going. watch the movie yourself and then watch it again with the family if its ok. this way no surprises and you wont get put in the doghouse by the missus .

THIS is what I do too. This is also how I knew "The Suicide Squad" was safe and wholesome for my young kids to watch too.

• 1Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
due to licensing deals (this movie is 20th century fox before it was bought by disney) Free Guy will go theatrical, then HBO Max, then Disney+

seems to be a decent movie but i'll just wait 45 days, i tried watching Hitman's Bodyguards wife last night and its pretty terrible

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
For real for real. He knows how to be just silly enough. That's why he was Pikachu while also being Deadpool... and Guy in this movie. He rules.

fris

Vyemm Raider
Great Flick.
First marvelcrossover? vrossover? [/spolier]

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
  • Disney's "Free Guy" tallied more than $28 million at the domestic box office during its opening weekend, higher than its $15 million to $20 million forecast.
  • Positive word of mouth led "Free Guy" to see a 24% spike in ticket sales between Friday and Saturday, the most of any tentpole released this summer.