Freedom of the Press: DOJ wins order to force NYT Reporter to testify against source

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
what if the world isn't ideal though, because it never really will be is my point, what's the release valve mechanism for a corrupt system in this ideology?
Everyone. I'm not arguing for any other system, so you can answer any other questions.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Do you bring the scrutiny to the 2nd ammendment as well?
You'd have to clarify what you're asking about. I believe the 2nd amendment allows people to have and use weapons, including guns lawfully.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Everyone. I'm not arguing for any other system, so you can answer any other questions.
I don't think your ideology is functionally stable because it assumes the system can't become corrupt to the point where it represses peaceful revolution.

Del

Vyemm Raider
Another amendment shredded by this administration. Goodbye you pesky First Amendment!

Long live Tyranny.

iannis

Musty Nester
It is kinda gratifying to watch Obummer take Cheney's ball and run it into the end zone. Bush was more or less acting within his "mandate". By which I mean the people who voted for him really didn't mind the shit that he was pulling too much. Obama has been systematically betraying the people who voted for him. But he's the first black president, so people have to be real careful in their public criticism.

I don't hear any celebrities threating to move to France/Canada.

Best Republican President since Reagan?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
it is pretty amusing what a D next to your name and a dark tint to your skin allows you to get away with. if Bush had pulled half the shit this president is pulling yall would have been screaming bloody murder. this selective outrage just proves you dont care what freedoms you have taken away, just as long as it is "your guy" doing the taking.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
it is pretty amusing what a D next to your name and a dark tint to your skin allows you to get away with. if Bush had pulled half the shit this president is pulling yall would have been screaming bloody murder. this selective outrage just proves you dont care what freedoms you have taken away, just as long as it is "your guy" doing the taking.
Actually quite a lot of the people on this very board are very upset with the shit Obama has done and has admitted in this regard he has just been an extension of Bush/Cheney but because you either don't read enough or just to stupid to understand.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Lately, not before these last 6 months when it has been made exceedingly obvious.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Actually quite a lot of the people on this very board are very upset with the shit Obama has done and has admitted in this regard he has just been an extension of Bush/Cheney but because you either don't read enough or just to stupid to understand.
oh by all means point me to the Impeach Obama thread thats on general? i can see you are so upset you are still playing the Bush card 5+ years after he left office to apologize for Obama's actions. this nation isnt even upset about this because their guy won the election so its OK he rapes the constitution. today the nation should be protesting, oh wait they are. they are protesting that a man got due process through the system and was found not guilty by a jury of his peers.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
oh by all means point me to the Impeach Obama thread thats on general? i can see you are so upset you are still playing the Bush card 5+ years after he left office to apologize for Obama's actions. this nation isnt even upset about this because their guy won the election so its OK he rapes the constitution. today the nation should be protesting, oh wait they are. they are protesting that a man got due process through the system and was found not guilty by a jury of his peers.
You really are just flat out fucking stupid.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
You really are just flat out fucking stupid.
Kinda sad my post upsets you when I have never monitored your phone calls, driving habits, social media, credit card purchases, IRS records, internet history, voting history or text messages. Oh wait, those things dont bother you.

W4RH34D_sl

shitlord
Why would I care if someone monitored my voting history or IRS records?
Seems like innocent information now. But, hypothetically, if things were to go real south and you voted for whatever. What if powerful people went after you because you voted against them and blame you for whatever reason.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
There is no scandal. Know how I know you haven't been following it? Because you wouldn't still be calling it a scandal if you had been.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
There is no scandal. Know how I know you haven't been following it? Because you wouldn't still be calling it a scandal if you had been.
How's that again? It was just tied to an Obama political appointee in D.C.

With respect to the First Amendment

http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2013/07/16/...nner/?mod=e2tw

The American People don't seem to mind the coming Police State.

Thirty-four percent said the First Amendment goes too far ? up from 13% the year before. Not since 2002, in the wake of the Sept. 11 attacks, has such a large percentage of Americans favored weaker protections. The center started doing its survey in 1997.

The group said the results show that Americans are increasingly willing ?to give up their rights and freedoms in return for greater security when they feel threatened.?