Funny, Strange, Random Pics

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
what is fat acceptance movement amongst men?

Oblig:
rrr_img_48607.jpg

i only get 50cents off.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Some guy's concept art for future warfare.
Alex's Blog

Diamondback+Small+Web.jpg

C210+logo.jpg

Search+Team+with+smaller+logo.jpg

Helmets.jpg

Recon+Team.jpg

Pointman+and+Shrike.jpg
looking at the 4th pic that looks just like my helmet except the NODs stick out quite a bit farther, the "battery" pack on top is an IR strobe and improperly labeled, the Peltor headset looks identical and mounts on the helmet rails pretty similar. the light on the side is identical to current day technology. the "shrike" vest looks similar to special warfare basic issue however its generally only 6 mags not 8. the issue with the body armor pictured is that it rides too low and needs to be a little shorter as that hampers mobility quite a bit.

my rig when it was brand new

rrr_img_48608.jpg

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
the "shrike" vest looks similar to special warfare basic issue however its generally only 6 mags not 8.
My basic load out was 8 M4 mags and 3 M9 (+1 each loaded). That was with the SPEAR issue. I doubt they've decided to change the basic load out in the last 5 years.

Dhameon

N00b
All that "futuristic" gear and you use a Colt 1911 as a sidearm? 9 rounds of 45 is what you want? Seriously?

This is the early 21st century.
Glock23_3rdGen.jpg

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
citizenship comes with rightsandduties..so whatever you say, buddy.

I did mention other means of service (i.e. Nurses back in WW2). But i guess women should be civilians and not have the right to vote if they are gonna avoid selective service.
We didn't even have a draft until 1917.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
We didn't even have a draft until 1917.
I get that you slept through history and government classes. But you didn't watch Gangs of New York? It's an awesome movie! The 1917 draft was the first draft you couldn't buy your way out of, or find someone to take your place.

rrr_img_48612.jpg

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I get that you slept through history and government classes. But you didn't watch Gangs of New York? It's an awesome movie! The 1917 draft was the first draft you couldn't buy your way out of, or find someone to take your place.

rrr_img_48612.jpg
I didn't. I know my history very well. The civil war was fucked. The southern plantation owners convinced white men, who were basically serfs, to fight for their right to own slaves and therefore keep wages artificially low for the white working class. And the situation in the north was almost just as fucked (also, only 2% of Union soldiers were draftees). Bottom line is, if the white working class had actually told the rich southern land owners and the federalists to all go fuck themselves and settle their own differences, there wouldn't have been a civil war. Good argument for universal gun ownership though, if the government has to force people at gunpoint to serve as soldiers, and those people have their own guns, it'll stop that horseshit pretty quick. As it is, both sides had massive riots over conscription, and HUGE numbers of deserters, upwards of 10%. Hardly the organized system of voluntary draft registration we have today.

rrr_img_48613.jpg

ALSO, we don't even have selective service right now. We have a selective service registration program in case we ever DO have selective service, but the government can't actually draft anyone without passage of new legislation to legalize the draft again, and then more legislation to actually enact the draft itself. I do believe that women should have to register for the selective service system, however, but even if they did it's only slightly more unlikely that they would ever be drafted as any man would. If this country ever got into a military situation so dire that the congress was actually able to pass draft legislation, you can bet your ass they would be drafting women too out of sheer desperation.

TL;DR a bunch of dudes who will never get drafted bitching about the fact that women don't have to register to draft.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I know my history very well. The civil war was fucked. The southern plantation owners convinced white men, who were basically serfs, to fight for their right to own slaves
Claims to know history, and then 2 sentences later says civil war was all about slavery.

36202405.jpg

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Claims to know history, and then 2 sentences later says civil war was all about slavery.

36202405.jpg
You didn't even quote the entire sentence. It was about the economics of labor and capital of which slavery was a large part, and southern whites got duped. Just like they get duped today. I did not say that it was "all about slavery" at any point in my post.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
My basic load out was 8 M4 mags and 3 M9 (+1 each loaded). That was with the SPEAR issue. I doubt they've decided to change the basic load out in the last 5 years.

Basic load for me has always been 6 m4 mags on the vest, 2 in the backpack, 1 in the gun. Sig 228 side arm with 4 mags.

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ignoring what a little structure, a little getting-out-and-seeing-beyond-your-city, a little No-*THIS*-is-what-being-poor-is; ignoring what all those things would do to/for fresh highschool grads...

Imagine the economic and humanitarian output that would be generated by the US having a system similar to the Swiss and some of those other Foreeen count-ries. Where every young adult was Required to serve 2 years in something.

I'm not saying everyone would or even should be forced through the Army. If the military isn't your thing, then you can go do Red Cross, Habitat for Humanity, Disaster relief; whatever. (non-profits would sign up and be screened to make sure they're not fringe nutjobs or fronts or blahblahblah).

But it'll never work. Merican's can't abide by being told what to do. <insert advert for a tasty tasty, ever so thirst quenching Coke-a-cola>

rrr_img_48617.jpg

Tea_sl

shitlord
The war of the rebellion was nearly entirely about slaves, and nearly every reason you've ever heard pointing to not slavery was never mentioned until after the war when a bunch of cranky, bitter, rich old bigots embarked on a massive PR campaign.

Good argument for universal gun ownership though, if the government has to force people at gunpoint to serve as soldiers, and those people have their own guns, it'll stop that horseshit pretty quick.
Exactly! I plan on pointing my AR15 directly at the M1A1 Abrams sight port when they come to draft me! I am sure that will intimidate them all to hell!

M1A1_Abrams_gunner's_primary_sight.jpg