Furiosa (2024)

Juvarisx

Florida
Yea the problem is Fury Road is basically going to be a unique thing for the rest of film history.

Anything made that is even tangentially related to it is gonna look rough by comparison, but also no one is likely to ever even attempt something like Fury Road again so this is the best we're gonna get.

The book about making it, Blood and Chrome or something? is really good and does a pretty in depth chronicle of just how unbelievable it is that Fury Road actually got completed in the first place.

Agreed, frankly I have never disliked a Mad Max film even Thunderdome which was so 80's its actually arguably the 2nd most watched one behind Fury Road since it was actually able to play on TV when cable was a new thing. This will likely not be my favorite Mad Max film but nothing here shows anything I don't want to see. Hemsworth looks like he had the time of his life making this and him as a bad guy will be fun, and the car actions looks just as crazy and creative (the tanker being shiny and chrome is just perfect lol.)

Once Miller is gone nothing like these movies will be made again, so even if this isnt the second coming of Fury Road I am going to enjoy all of them. He has one left which will be Max centric again and I think he is done making movies generally.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
This thread got me pumped yesterday so I put Fury Road on the big screen, made a really stiff drink and fell asleep almost immediately

• 8Worf
  • 1Great Review
  • 1Popcorn
Reactions: 9 users

Siliconemelons

As a fan, I most defiantly will watch this. I will be very happy even if its s-tier MadMax, if its some how worse than the 1st MadMax... 99% of peoples thoughts on the first film are 199% rose colored glasses. The car vignettes are what people remember, the beginning, a few parts of the middle and the end, the filler is very 80's b-movie, and the rest is really an example of the odd lightning in a bottle of what was the start of Australia film.

There was a great documentary on old Netflix about Australia film... it is crazy what they did, like sharp shooters with live ammo for the gunfight "bullet hits the rocks next to the hero" shots etc. some actress doing a getting drowned scene and she did, they had to resuscitate her. No rating system so nudity and sex were random lol.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Courtesy of Runnen Runnen and Furry Furry

_82ad1beb-7c24-495f-97bd-8cbcace742c4.jpg
_060f37a8-949d-49ca-aaed-c18af9f47585.jpg

and Edaw Edaw ftw
1701449231042.png

Last edited:

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Did the paint make her more fish eyed? Also yelling out "I'm Furiosa" was bad

Last edited:

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I don't like the fact that there's a movie without Max in it, but hopefully its still good.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Vuuxo

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Not trying to say anything just posting a video that touches on the CGI and why it looks so much better than what's in the new trailer.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Not trying to say anything just posting a video that touches on the CGI and why it looks so much better than what's in the new trailer.
uh ok. maybe they should have waited a little longer to release a more finished trailer then.

Bloodrocuted

Trakanon Raider
I don't like the fact that there's a movie without Max in it, but hopefully its still good.
Well, they already made Mad Max Furiosa when it was called Mad Max Fury Road. You know, where she had twice as much screen time as the titular character and did everything better than him.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Fury Road earned Miller a lot of goodwill.

Still a Mad Max movie without Max just feels unnecessary.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Still a Mad Max movie without Max just feels unnecessary.
Fat fashion models, black hammerhead mermaids, and "girls" with beards are unnecessary too but it's 2023 and nothing makes sense so fuck it. Might as well make a mad Max franchise with Amazonian women riding bicycles in a temperate rainforest or something.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Oldbased

> Than U
I loved her in The Menu and Northmen. They could have done worse than Anya Joy.
Also wasn't sure if this was a Riddick movie or Mad Max until I clicked it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Meh. The trailer just looked like a whole lot of, "HEY GUYS!! MEMBER FURY ROAD?!?!". Hopefully it's more than just memberberries.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I loved her in The Menu and Northmen. They could have done worse than Anya Joy.
Also wasn't sure if this was a Riddick movie or Mad Max until I clicked it.
How the fuck do you leave out Queen's Gambit on that list????? That was her best role....