Furiosa (2024)

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
ehzLmcQsUTy2bmQD8Y18SKSKaAL.jpg

Title: Furiosa (2024)

Genre: Action, Adventure, Science Fiction

Director: George Miller

Cast: Anya Taylor-Joy, Tom Burke, Chris Hemsworth, Angus Sampson, Nathan Jones, Quaden Bayles

Release: 2024-05-22

Plot: As the world falls, young Furiosa is snatched from the Green Place of Many Mothers into the hands of a great biker horde led by the warlord Dementus. Sweeping through the wasteland, they encounter the citadel presided over by Immortan Joe. The two tyrants wage war for dominance, and Furiosa must survive many trials as she puts together the means to find her way home.

I feel like this movie is gonna end up being some kind of election metaphor. Immortan Joe is Joe Biden and the warlord Dementus is Donald Trump, and everyone else is just trying to survive them?

• 2Picard
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Im not either. Shes a good actress but shes been in so many things lately, Im just sick of looking at her.

I get the same vibe I get from her that I get from Margot Robbie, that she's sort of an "it girl" for the Epstein crowd / people that control the entertainment industry. Her success / level of being "in everything" is not proportional to her talent or popularity.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I get the same vibe I get from her that I get from Margot Robbie, that she's sort of an "it girl" for the Epstein crowd / people that control the entertainment industry. Her success / level of being "in everything" is not proportional to her talent or popularity.
i looked up that actress. she is odd looking. i didnt watch anything she starred in.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
It will never happen but I’d love to see Gibson get a Logan like send off as max. Modern audiences probably wouldn’t accept Gibson.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I don't like the fact that there's a movie without Max in it, but hopefully its still good.
Obviously there will be a cameo where Furiosa saves Mad Max inadvertently / accidentally on purpose / unknowingly where neither character actually meet but we are left feeling safe in the fact that the Hero lives on due to the actions of her. Boom. A Mad Max Saga.

On a serious note, I was thinking of the use of “Odyssey” in the trailer. Guessing that was made entirely by the studio or advertising without Miller’s involvement? Otherwise since it is her trying to return home to her mom it seems a bit on point. Maybe there will be additional references throughout the film.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Yea the problem is Fury Road is basically going to be a unique thing for the rest of film history.
I walked out of the cinema totally confused by what had just assaulted my senses with my now wife, we were 80% sure we had enjoyed it.

We then watched the previous three Mad Max movies and then watched Fury Road again.

It was amazing.

• 2Like

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I walked out of the cinema totally confused by what had just assaulted my senses with my now wife, we were 80% sure we had enjoyed it.

We then watched the previous three Mad Max movies and then watched Fury Road again.

It was amazing.
I'm jelly!

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Is it just me or does this look like the CGI stands out way more

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Juvarisx

Florida
Yea it does, this is mostly greenscreen I imagine since dude is real old now. I imagine it will still be entertaining but it wont look the same as Fury Road

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
will probably watch this at some point, but in no rush to.

a mad max movie with no mad max in it is fucking stupid anyway.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
Will put on as background noise when it releases on HBO Max 3 months after release.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
I seem to recall Fury Road cleaning up things a lot in the last few months between its trailers and the release. Either way, George Miller has my money until he proves me wrong.
It certainly does look like he is getting increasingly more stylized with each movie though. Cartoony isn't that far off.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like