Furiosa (2024)

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
The opening of that trailer really bothered me. Is it just me, or is it really fucking stupid that a child is named "Furiosa?"

I always imagined in the first movie that Furiosa was an earned name after she displayed some level of worth.

"Furiosa! They took Furiosa!!" *cringe*

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
The opening of that trailer really bothered me. Is it just me, or is it really fucking stupid that a child is named "Furiosa?"

I always imagined in the first movie that Furiosa was an earned name after she displayed some level of worth.

Has anyone pointed out that the CGI looks off too?

• 4Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Siliconemelons

Yeah...but wasn't she born of some crazy feminist cult type thing? I mean it is Mad Max, so everything is crazy.

Also... being a nit picker and lover of MadMax... they must have extended the time frame of the end of the world sometime. In the movies, it happens between the end of 1, and the start of 2. Max was young, but not like middle age or a teen... just saying, in FR max must have been in his 40... she was born already into the fallen world.

Also, the logic behind everything being out in the wasteland is kinda funny. The wasteland existed prior to the apocalypse / ww3 - but it was just some random crazies living out in the Australian desert... then the boom booms happened and now everywhere is /like/ the wasteland... so those crazy people that where already out there being crazy, had a leg up on everyone that survived the bombs etc. as they adjust to living in the wasteland (that is now everywhere)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

people done know what to name their kids. girls especially. right now there are little girls walking around with the name, Khaleesi because their parents had an HBO subscription.

Siliconemelons

I was not a fan of fury road in its premise but loved what we got, so skeptical but willing to give this a go… and its mad max so i will watch it

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I was not a fan of fury road in its premise but loved what we got, so skeptical but willing to give this a go… and its mad max so i will watch it
Therein lies the problem though, it's not really Mad Max. We already know what happens with her and I'm not necessarily super interested in her backstory of strong woman power. I'm sure it'll be an okay movie, but I'm not nearly as jazzed up for it as I was for fury road.

To me it's just why bother, when it would have been a lot more interesting to get Hardy back and maybe do a new adventure.

• 8Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 9 users

Siliconemelons

Therein lies the problem though, it's not really Mad Max. We already know what happens with her and I'm not necessarily super interested in her backstory of strong woman power. I'm sure it'll be an okay movie, but I'm not nearly as jazzed up for it as I was for fury road.

To me it's just why bother, when it would have been a lot more interesting to get Hardy back and maybe do a new adventure.

This is true

I also played the game, i kinda think FR and the game gave in a way “too much” of a world… i am sure that is not phrased well but yeah..

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
This is true

I also played the game, i kinda think FR and the game gave in a way “too much” of a world… i am sure that is not phrased well but yeah..
I figured you were mentioning it being a world, but if I'm going to watch a mad Max movie I want God damn mad Max in it. Yeah furiosa was a interesting character in that particular movie, but I don't need to see her in another film, I watched that movie for mad Max. I'm guessing Miller is doing this because he's got a story to tell or some BS, or if you wanted to film another movie Hollywood was going to force him into strong woman BS, I don't know. Could be he's just tired of his original character.

I remember when the game came out is it any good? It looked okay, maybe I'll pick it up on steam during a holiday sale.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member

This.

I am tired of my childhood being scavenged through like the carcass of a Thanksgiving turkey. Watching the second Mad Max movie was a defining moment for me, and now somehow the series is about this greased forehead bitch. It was bad enough that Max took a back seat in the last movie, as good as it was regardless, but this is just too much. And I don't care how many people said "the stories are told with Max as a symbolic fictitious figure, like the Man With No Name..........."

Stop it.

I hate that I have to notice very particular things now - I just came from watching Kung Fu Panda 4, and he is being replaced by a fox - a female fox. The big baddie is a chameleon - a female chameleon. Does this matter? Should this matter?

I'm just so very tired.

Edit - I will say ol' Thor will be very good in this - I like that he took the role as a bad guy for once!

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
This.

I am tired of my childhood being scavenged through like the carcass of a Thanksgiving turkey. Watching the second Mad Max movie was a defining moment for me, and now somehow the series is about this greased forehead bitch. It was bad enough that Max took a back seat in the last movie, as good as it was regardless, but this is just too much. And I don't care how many people said "the stories are told with Max as a symbolic fictitious figure, like the Man With No Name..........."

Stop it.

I hate that I have to notice very particular things now - I just came from watching Kung Fu Panda 4, and he is being replaced by a fox - a female fox. The big baddie is a chameleon - a female chameleon. Does this matter? Should this matter?

I'm just so very tired.

Edit - I will say ol' Thor will be very good in this - I like that he took the role as a bad guy for once!
Kung Fu Fox? replacing the title character sounds as smart as replacing the Mandolorian with a completely different character and still expect people to tune in.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
This.

Stop it.

I'm just so very tired.

Tom Hardy Thumbs Up GIF

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Kung Fu Fox? replacing the title character sounds as smart as replacing the Mandolorian with a completely different character and still expect people to tune in.
Well, I expect the transition won't be immediate, but she was chosen as the new Dragon Warrior and the Panda is to become the spiritual advisor. At a guess, one more movie with the two of them and then the fox if audiences continue to support.

Oh, SPOILER ALERT! Even though you could figure this out the very first scene the fox showed up.

Anyway, back to ruining my childhood memories with Mad Max/not Mad Max.

• 1Like

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Tom Hardy was perfect for the role, Anya is ok but no one wanted this movie. I might be wrong like I was on fury road

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Tom Hardy was perfect for the role, Anya is ok but no one wanted this movie. I might be wrong like I was on fury road
Yeah, kinda sucks. I'm just not excited for it at all. I'll watch it on streaming eventually maybe, but I doubt it's going to get me back in a theater seat. Pretty sure there's a lot of us that feel this way.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Siliconemelons

Fury Road I dragged my wife to

This will be watched at home

I should re-watch thunderdome with the kiddos! It is a kids movie right? I mean kids are in it?

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah, kinda sucks. I'm just not excited for it at all. I'll watch it on streaming eventually maybe, but I doubt it's going to get me back in a theater seat. Pretty sure there's a lot of us that feel this way.
some of these woke movies started before the covid panic in 2020 and its not possible to shitcan this film or reshoot it now that the woke era is winding down. so we get this nonsense for the next few years. eventually when it all ends in 2026 or later, we can start seeing more white male protagonists again.