Furiosa (2024)

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I should re-watch thunderdome with the kiddos! It is a kids movie right? I mean kids are in it?
I watched it again about a year ago (because I wanted to show my gf MasterBlaster). The vocabulary and speech of the of the little feral kid tribe was making me laugh out loud.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Fury Road I dragged my wife to

This will be watched at home

I should re-watch thunderdome with the kiddos! It is a kids movie right? I mean kids are in it?
I saw all of the originals as a kid, so yes, watch them with the kiddos!

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Siliconemelons

I watched it again about a year ago (because I wanted to show my gf MasterBlaster). The vocabulary and speech of the of the little feral kid tribe was making me laugh out loud.

Unpopular MadMax fan opinion, I liked the "Lost kids" plot of Thunderdome - caveat, I was in the target demo age when it came out - it just hit with me. So for me, I enjoy /all/ of the mad maxes - and honestly, 1 is the slowest worst- watch the beginning, then the end. And even then the only "good" parts of the middle are the gang harassing the town folk and the tension created... but it is really slow... escaping out to the beach house with a "retard?" to not stay there and just go back and get your wife and kid killed? like...what? - really the intro to 2 shows what you need from 1.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Same here. I really liked Thunderdome when I was a kid. This is just the first time I've re-watched it since becoming an adult and there were some hilariously shitty parts in it. It's just chalked full of 80s & 90s tropes.

And I never liked the first movie all that much. That one might actually be better as an adult. Haven't tried. Road Warrior was always my favorite, up until Fury Road.

Edit: And the ponytail girl with the white headband in Road Warrior gave me a boner assist more than once.
edit2: Well that's not how I remember her....
1713812525384.png

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Same here. I really liked Thunderdome when I was a kid. This is just the first time I've re-watched it since becoming an adult and there were some hilariously shitty parts in it. It's just chalked full of 80s & 90s tropes.

And I never liked the first movie all that much. That one might actually be better as an adult. Haven't tried. Road Warrior was always my favorite, up until Fury Road.

Edit: And the ponytail girl with the white headband in Road Warrior gave me a boner assist more than once.
View attachment 525871
The first one is pretty good, albeit slower. I've been slowly rewatching them over the last couple of weeks, and done the first two. Need to fire up Thunderdome next. I haven't seen the first one in a long time and I found that I enjoyed it much more than I did when I was younger.

I guess the whole movie is just about society crumbling, I'm on everything escalating the push Max over the edge. There are some goofy parts, but they're not bad in the grand scheme of the movie.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
you can skip Mad Max1 because its referenced some in Road Warrior. Road Warrior is really the Big Kahuna of the entire franchise. without RW there wouldnt have been interest in the franchise. Thunderdome isnt anywhere near as good. i dont even undestand why the Gyro Captain is a completely different character in it.

• 2Like

Sevens

Log Wizard
you can skip Mad Max1 because its referenced some in Road Warrior. Road Warrior is really the Big Kahuna of the entire franchise. without RW there wouldnt have been interest in the franchise. Thunderdome isnt anywhere near as good. i dont even undestand why the Gyro Captain is a completely different character in it.
THE Road Warriors!

road.jpg

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I know I'm having a brain fart and forgetting some but that was peak tag team matchups, the Harts, Legion of doom, Road Warriors, the Demolition men, and the classic strut of the Bushwhack brothers
Can't forget the Steiner Brothers, too.

Sevens

Log Wizard
I know I'm having a brain fart and forgetting some but that was peak tag team matchups, the Harts, Legion of doom, Road Warriors, the Demolition men, and the classic strut of the Bushwhack brothers
Don't forget the British Bulldogs
Davey boy and Dynamite Kid

Untitled.jpg

• 1Solidarity

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

View attachment 525871

1713894292148.jpeg

1713894256650.jpeg

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Blown

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
I'll help with your current stroke. Legion of doom was another name for road warriors. It was demolition not demolition men. And it was the bushwhackers

• 1Solidarity

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Shit, who would have expected a whisky tango derail in a Mad Maxina thread...

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Better than the movie is looking to be LOL

P.S. Grew up on Road Warrior, saw Thunderdome later in life and hated all the kids. So in order:

1) Fury Road
2) Road Warrior
3) Mad Max
4) Thunderdome
5) Furiosa, probably

• 1Like

Rude

Potato del Grande
Fury Road was a 2+ hour car chase / heist movie. It was overrated shit that generated a few memes. Perhaps Furiosa can be a biopic about Charlize Theron's kid that she had transitioned, that may at least be slightly interesting.

• 1Garbage

Bald Brah

Golden Squire
Fury Road was a 2+ hour car chase / heist movie. It was overrated shit that generated a few memes. Perhaps Furiosa can be a biopic about Charlize Theron's kid that she had transitioned, that may at least be slightly interesting.
I was surprised so many people liked it too. Maybe I just hated it because I can't look past Theron being an absolutely worthless cunt.

• 2Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Its the single most FOH-overrated movie I can remember.

It wasnt terrible, but never for one second did I ever consider rewatching it.

• 1Solidarity