Furiosa (2024)

Caliane

Prequel just seems like such a bad idea.

Like, it CAN work with max, and characters like james bond, where each adventure is fairly unclear where it sits in the timeline. or indiana jones, where temple of doom, happened before raiders chronologically.
Becuase, their stories don't interact. the only thing that really matters is james/max/indiana is alive. its just "tales of the mad max"

but this isn't. Furiosa has a specific story. this happens in the same place with the same characters. same place, same characters, all new actors. ooph.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Looks good, although a lot of bad/unfinished CGI in the trailer. Hopefully they fix that up

Siliconemelons

How old is max now if this is 45 Years after the end of mad max 1 as the apocalypse happens between end of 1 and road warrior, max is in his 60s lol?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Juvarisx

Florida
How old is max now if this is 45 Years after the end of mad max 1 as the apocalypse happens between end of 1 and road warrior, max is in his 60s lol?

I always looked at Max like he was a folk tale. Every important event this ex cop shows up to dole out some justice. Miller has never put a specific time on any of the movies till this one, so if you actually want to take this as a timeline, this isn't the first Max, and Hardy took the mantle so to speak.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Siliconemelons

I always looked at Max like he was a folk tale. Every important event this ex cop shows up to dole out some justice. Miller has never put a specific time on any of the movies till this one, so if you actually want to take this as a timeline, this isn't the first Max, and Hardy took the mantle so to speak.

I thought he gave an order and thunderdome was after fury road, and that does not fit 45 years as the kids from the plane crash were only like 5 or so years on their own?

but this is the first that gives a time frame from the end or the world or whatever that we are told about in the intro of road warrior that happens after the events of mad max

Goonsquad Officer
Yea max is a stranger like from westerns. His storied are told from the pov of the other people then he leaves. The writers are not at all concerned with chronology or continuity

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

Animated GIF

Looks closer to Mad Max 2, maybe a bit more CGI then the first and my guess is that it isnt done CGI wise (fury road had a shit load you just didnt notice) . Day 1.

That motorcycle chariot is top fucking notch tho
it could be ok to fucking awesome. at least we get more Immortan Joe. CGI is sad panda though.
how does it compare to 2015?

• 2Like

Sterling

El Presidente
This looks entertaining. It's pretty cartoony feeling though. Not necessarily bad, but it's kind of offputting.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
(fury road had a shit load you just didnt notice)
Wait you're saying they didn't really perform all those insane stunts without safety equipment? They didn't actually film an apocalyptic megastorm with dozens of tornadoes inside it? Immortan Joe didn't have a real plateau base with a giant elevator system?

Holy shit thanks for this incredible revelation!

• 1Like
  • 1Picard

Juvarisx

Florida
Wait you're saying they didn't really perform all those insane stunts without safety equipment? They didn't actually film an apocalyptic megastorm with dozens of tornadoes inside it? Immortan Joe didn't have a real plateau base with a giant elevator system?

Holy shit thanks for this incredible revelation!

Holy shit I was talking about enhancing the chase scenes with extra cars and shit you really don't notice, not the gigantic storm lol.

ie. this

1701403936313.png

1701403945510.png

• 3Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Man this franchise really won't work with EVs I don't think

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 5 users

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Jesus Christ are you really acting like you're the only person who has watched the behind the scenes of Fury Road?
This is a weird thing to get uppity about, dude was just pointing out that the trailer's CGI looks bad, but will hopefully be cleaned up to the point you wouldn't notice it (UNLESS YOU WATCH THE BEHIND THE SCENES OF COURSE) by the time it's in theaters.

• 3Like

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm not getting the OMG hype from the trailer. It looks ok but nothing I'm excited about, if it wasn't for Miller I wouldn't care

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
The cut of that trailer isn't great. The FR one was fantastic.

I might also have insanely high and unattainable expectations for this film.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
The cut of that trailer isn't great. The FR one was fantastic.

I might also have insanely high and unattainable expectations for this film.

Yea the problem is Fury Road is basically going to be a unique thing for the rest of film history.

Anything made that is even tangentially related to it is gonna look rough by comparison, but also no one is likely to ever even attempt something like Fury Road again so this is the best we're gonna get.

The book about making it, Blood and Chrome or something? is really good and does a pretty in depth chronicle of just how unbelievable it is that Fury Road actually got completed in the first place.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users