Furor's 14 Days rant & First Look at WoW

Awanka

Molten Core Raider
Häuptling is less Nazi-ish than Führer :p

Joking aside, Awanka Awanka did you honestly think Furor is a dogwhistle? If no, good troll job. If yes, you obviously weren't around when Alex was... we all know why he made Furor.
Whoah. You're assuming an awful lot here, and blowing thing out of proportion. I don't think Furor is a nazi sympathizer. And I don't think he was trying to make a statement or get a rise out of people either if that's what you're asking. I do think Alex chose the name because it sounds similar to Fuhrer, and he liked the association as supreme leader. I think this demonstrates that he doesn't give a shit about niceties, and you can't be that surprised if he pushes the line sometimes. Nothing more complicated than that.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Awanka

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, just me assuming things... not basing my posts on what you... you know... literally said.
Fuhrer is a Hitler reference. When people in America say Fuhrer, they're making an association with Hitler. I'm not sure where the confusion is.

• 1Worf
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Fuhrer is a Hitler reference. When people in America say Fuhrer, they're making an association with Hitler. I'm not sure where the confusion is.
Yes but furor is not. I think of anger when I see that word, you know, like the meaning of the word. His name wasn’t fuhrer.

This is the first time I’ve seen or even thought about how they sound the same too, in over 20 years of seeing Furor posts.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
I'm not sure where the confusion is.
There's no confusion. You're just making it patently known you weren't here when Alex was.

Yes, of course Führer is a Hitler reference... and that would make your posts make sense had his name actually been Führer Planedefiler. However, here in reality, we're talking about Furor.

Hope you enjoy your FoH stay!

Awanka

Molten Core Raider
Yes but furor is not. I think of anger when I see that word, you know, like the meaning of the word. His name wasn’t fuhrer.
If Furor is a reference to Fuhrer, and Fuhrer is a reference to Hitler. Furor is a reference to Hitler. Transitive property.

It would be like if I called my character Mine Camphor. It would be a Hitler reference if I intended it to sound like Mein Kampf.

• 1Double Worf
  • 1Moron
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Get a load of these Hitler jeans;

maxresdefault.jpg

• 1Faggotry
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
If Furor is a reference to Fuhrer, and Fuhrer is a reference to Hitler. Furor is a reference to Hitler. Transitive property.

It would be like if I called my character Mine Camphor. It would be a Hitler reference if I intended it to sound like Mein Kampf.
Ok but I’m pretty sure it wasn’t a reference to that. It was a reference to how angry he was. His posts were epic pissed off rants.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Awanka

Molten Core Raider
Ok but I’m pretty sure it wasn’t a reference to that. It was a reference to how angry he was. His posts were epic pissed off rants.
Well, he's never actually told me personally that's what he was naming himself after, so I guess it could just be a coincidence, the same way Suineg being genius spelled backwards could be totally unintended.

Let me ask you the same thing though. Knowing what you do about Furor, do you really think it's totally impossible that he intended his name to sound like Fuhrer? Because I don't find it shocking at all. What's more, I don't think it's a big deal. I don't know why some people seem offended by the possibility.

• 1Worf

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Well, he's never actually told me personally that's what he was naming himself after, so I guess it could just be a coincidence, the same way Suineg being genius spelled backwards could be totally unintended.

Let me ask you the same thing though. Knowing what you do about Furor, do you really think it's totally impossible that he intended his name to sound like Fuhrer? Because I don't find it shocking at all. What's more, I don't think it's a big deal. I don't know why some people seem offended by the possibility.
I’m not offended I just think it’s out of nowhere. What about a video game player/developer screams genocidal maniac to you? The only thing of his personal life I know that’s shitty is he hit on women in the workplace. So he must’ve loved hitler 25 years ago? Wtf? It’s out of left field.

• 1Worf

Chris

Potato del Grande

That's true, Fuhrer being a Hitler reference isn't in doubt. But you didn't prove that Furor is a reference to Fuhrer.

Your name being a sound alike for "A Wanker" doesn't mean he had the same thought process and the word means angry so there's a credible alternative.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
You morons. He based it off the the actual spelling, furor. It's a word in the dictionary and there is a level 4 Cleric spell called Furor that has existed since the very beginning. This spell existed in beta. He thought it sounded cool, just like Planedefiler sounded cool. Stop being retarded. Can't believe I'm defending the creepy fuck, but really? Jesus H Christ almighty.

Furor
a general outburst of enthusiasm, excitement, controversy, or the like.
a prevailing fad, mania, or craze.
fury; rage; madness.

• 7Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 10 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
You morons. He based it off the the actual spelling, furor. It's a word in the dictionary and there is a level 4 Cleric spell called Furor that has existed since the very beginning. This spell existed in beta. He thought it sounded cool, just like Planedefiler sounded cool. Stop being retarded. Can't believe I'm defending the creepy fuck, but really? Jesus H Christ almighty.

Furor
a general outburst of enthusiasm, excitement, controversy, or the like.
a prevailing fad, mania, or craze.
fury; rage; madness.

Yeah well Morrow rhymes with Sorrow so you must have been sad when you made your character. I’m sorry for you.

• 7Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 7 users

Awanka

Molten Core Raider
I’m not offended I just think it’s out of nowhere. What about a video game player/developer screams genocidal maniac to you? The only thing of his personal life I know that’s shitty is he hit on women in the workplace. So he must’ve loved hitler 25 years ago? Wtf? It’s out of left field.
I don't think Furor liked the guy. I think he just liked the association of fuhrer with absolute leader. It's like someone calling themselves TheRipper. It doesn't mean they idolize Jack The Ripper.

That's true, Fuhrer being a Hitler reference isn't in doubt. But you didn't prove that Furor is a reference to Fuhrer.

Your name being a sound alike for "A Wanker" doesn't mean he had the same thought process and the word means angry so there's a credible alternative.
Nothing one way or the other can be proven unless the man himself is here, and I'd love for him to show up and tell me what a dumb asshole I am. I find the reasoning that he called himself Furor because he's angry and writes angry rants to be pretty lame though.

• 1Worf
  • 1Faggotry

Awanka

Molten Core Raider
I will only accept chastisement at the end of The Black Hand's mighty fists.

• 1Worf

Chris

Potato del Grande
I don't think Furor liked the guy. I think he just liked the association of fuhrer with absolute leader. It's like someone calling themselves TheRipper. It doesn't mean they idolize Jack The Ripper.

Nothing one way or the other can be proven unless the man himself is here, and I'd love for him to show up and tell me what a dumb asshole I am. I find the reasoning that he called himself Furor because he's angry and writes angry rants to be pretty lame though.
But calling himself Fuhrer because he likes to be in charge isn't lame? It's the same thing.

• 1Worf

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Furor was not even his first warrior. I can't remember if it was Kalaran or Kartak that got banned for twinking alts in Plane of Hate (evading the minimum level to enter through a bug at that time and there were not minimum levels to equip gear), but his original warrior got banned and Furor was the one they power leveled from scratch, mostly through the dragon teeth items that would summon a necro pet at that time (and removed from the game fairly soon after). He was always at odds with Verant, despite several FOH at that time being actual Verant employees (most notably Nino who if I recall did most of the music for both EQ and Vanguard). Dude was always angry, but always fair if you dealt with him straight.

And I seriously doubt he would come back here for any reason, especially after how much of his personal laundry got aired out with Lori and a couple other incidents. Last time I saw him post under his main handle was actually our Veeshan server board (no idea if it even exists anymore) and that was before WoW released. Pretty sure a gag order was part of his agreement for employment with Blizzard. In fact, he would be a moron to even consider posting here given what he is about to go through in terms of legal woes. Dude came from money and I am pretty sure he can fuck off into the sunset any time he wants. These dried up cunts are only going after him because he has money and name recognition.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like