Furor's 14 Days rant & First Look at WoW

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
In 2006 someone posted the 14 days rant on MMO Champion and edited it to be about the C'thun fight.

One of the comments linked the original on this forum and that is how I found this place.

As I'm typing this I realise that I must have been posting here (and Rerolled and Rereolled) for 15 years.

I've been thinking that someone should repost that rant again, or a new version of it, threatening to boycott WoW if certain things are not fixed.

Then I realised. Nobody cares enough to do it. WoW is already dead.
Get a load of the fucking new guy.

• 5Worf
  • 4Like
Reactions: 8 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
"No idiotic quests, instead quests with meaning and meaningful rewards starting at lvl 1 and moving onward"

Good morrow BigDick69. The tribe has need of a warrior such as yourself. Go forth and do not return until you have acquired 12 bear asses.

"Quests with meaning".

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Well I'd hardly say just about making enough money to keep the servers and support staff employed and holding the IP is "alive".

You want some cultural relevance and expansions coming out.
Cultural relevance? Come on man.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
No way they're better off without the gaming legend. Hope he comes home.

• 1Solidarity

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
Unless he plans on becoming the next Hitler (and if so, Heil Furor, mein fuhrer) what would be the point for him to post here?

• 1Like

Awanka

Molten Core Raider
To take up the mantle of power and fulfil his destiny.

Really though, I don't know what people were expecting. His name is a Hitler reference. "Planedefiler" is also suggestive. Personally, I'm impressed by how he turned Blizzard into his personal dojo. It's obvious that he had a cult of personality, and was also manipulating a lot of people. Those raid guildleader skills being put to good use.

• 2Slow
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I'm pretty sure that he (more or less) said "fuck this place" years and years ago

• 2Truth!
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
To take up the mantle of power and fulfil his destiny.

Really though, I don't know what people were expecting. His name is a Hitler reference. "Planedefiler" is also suggestive. Personally, I'm impressed by how he turned Blizzard into his personal dojo. It's obvious that he had a cult of personality, and was also manipulating a lot of people. Those raid guildleader skills being put to good use.
furor is a word, not a hitler reference. plane defiler is now an official EQ title. i have it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I remembered the shit storm he created that character and name after getting banned. Fuck Furor Planedefiler, I always remembered him as Kartak Dorfbruiser.

• 1Like

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Seriously people? Furor / Führer is like the 2021 version of the ok hand sign.

Funny enough, I can't help but think that if Alex is a true shitlord, he should capitalize on this turn of events.

• 1Hodjing

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Never really saw the Furor/Führer link, Furor is an English word in and of itself. The Hitler link to the word Führer is something American proto-SJWs came up with anyway, it's a perfectly acceptable word in today's Germany. It's no more a Nazi term than "leader" is in English.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Häuptling is less Nazi-ish than Führer :p

Joking aside, Awanka Awanka did you honestly think Furor is a dogwhistle? If no, good troll job. If yes, you obviously weren't around when Alex was... we all know why he made Furor.

• 1Hodjing