Furor's 14 Days rant & First Look at WoW

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I wouldn't be surprised if they were initially implemented as one at a time.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I wouldn't be surprised if they were initially implemented as one at a time.

I vaguely remember that stuff, I'm pretty sure it was a hard limit, at the time anyway. I'm sure they patched it shortly after wow stole 80% of their players.

• 1Worf

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I vaguely remember that stuff, I'm pretty sure it was a hard limit, at the time anyway. I'm sure they patched it shortly after wow stole 80% of their players.
your time frame is a few years off.

• 1Worf

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Its been a while, but my sole interactions were mainly shit where he wanted his monk alt to tag along for faction hits or we would trade epic parts for upper level spells. Despite his reputation, FOH mostly got on well with other guilds on the server until Time more or less broke every social moor remaining in EQ. There was one zerg guild (Celestial Tomb) that would steamroll people a lot and fuck with everyone, but most guilds above a certain tier generally kept the peace on Veeshan even when we hated one another. Most of the server was aware of the side drama due to Fanfaires and such, however. Only time I met him in person was to get him to sign my collectors edition of Wow at the intial release at Fry's back in the day. Seemed like your typical alpha male asshole and was generally reasonable to our B rate guild in the game.

I know Time basically fucked the status quo forever. Our guild disbanded over it and I retired over it and most of the A tier guilds had major issues around then. I signed on for a short stint with one just to see it and remember how fucking stupid the design and tuning was. A lot of big names that had been on the server since the beginning faded out over that, not just in FOH. Its hard enough to keep a lid on drama with 18-24 people. And then I saw the shitshow that zerging up for time caused. Suprised he did not nope out sooner, frankly.

(Varia and Raistin if they are still around can confirm/correct/fill in details on a lot of the above. My memory is a bit foggy since it was 20 years ago.)

I am not happy to see him get smeared, but given what I know/have heard its not surprising. Both due to his rep and how much of a toxic shit pool Blizzard has become over recent years. I am surprised to hear he was even still working there, frankly.

• 1Worf

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
your time frame is a few years off.
Yeah wasn't it that shit expansion tuned around a level cap that did not get raised or some shit? I want to say PoD, but I was long gone by then.

• 1Worf

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah wasn't it that shit expansion tuned around a level cap that did not get raised or some shit? I want to say PoD, but I was long gone by then.
Gates of Discord was plainly tuned around the level cap increase that didn't come until the next expansion, Omens of War. It was also a bunch of unintelligible nonsense and people were leaving even before WoW came along, I was giving City of Heroes a try.

Then along came the WoW open beta and I was hooked the first time I played through Deadmines. A start to finish dungeon felt so much cooler than just grinding camp X in EQ ever did.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
There's still no game since City of Heroes that caters to the "wants to lure hobos into dumpsters then light them on fire" demographic. Industry leaving money on the table.

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
There's still no game since City of Heroes that caters to the "wants to lure hobos into dumpsters then light them on fire" demographic. Industry leaving money on the table.
Everyone I knew that played City of Heroes was a kinky weirdo.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Everyone I knew that played City of Heroes was a kinky weirdo.

There was a Dominatrix I used to speak to via her paid phone lines, also met her in Amsterdam. Anyway, she must have been at least 10 years older than me. One day she told me she played City of Heroes and it shattered the fantasy a little bit

• 1Worf

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Wait can we still sign up for this coh?

• 1Worf

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Deus Ex has you covered.

• 1Worf

rad

Lord of Guk
His original name from UO was Famine. Clearly he's a supporter of COVID and the Black Death.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
His original name from UO was Famine. Clearly he's a supporter of COVID and the Black Death.
Famine. Furor. Hitler. Lori.

It's all adding up now.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I will always call him and others by their EverQuest names if it is how I knew/know them.

Good idea to come back here and rant? No.

Good idea for me to do it? No.

Don't be a cuck and do it anyway?? ....

tenor (1).gif

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I remember a chunk of Veeshan trying CoH when it first came out. Before they turned the grind up to 11 on it and edited the nazis out of the NPC list, it was fun. A bunch of random people I knew only a little worked together for a bit, but then it turned into a grind fest. Then the weirdo degenerates started playing. My tie died afro sporting mind controller Reefer Madness getting deleted for his name was the last time I touched that game.

• 2Worf

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, Furor is definitely going to come hang out with the misogynists and seditionists on his way back up.

Even Blizzard couldn't write a redemption arc that poorly. (jk they totally could.)
I fall deeper in love with you every post I read. Paint me like one of your french girls.

• 8Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 8 users