Furor's 14 Days rant & First Look at WoW

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Everquest seriously fucked my gaming life because of this. I don't play MMOs that require any kind of guild commitment whatsoever, simply because I feel so much guilt not showing up for raids, which is a result of being an everquest cleric. The idea that I would have to go out and do something and not raid calling a raid off because thye are 1 cleric short made me full of fucking guilt. lol.
I raid tanked for a long time, but in WoW I always said that as soon as Arthas showed up as a raid boss I was done being even semi-hardcore. I still raid tanked after WotLK but nowhere near the same level fo intensity. I'll never go back. 3 nights a week....lol....*laughs nervously at my 7 night a week POE habit the past three years as my wife reads over my shoulder*

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Caeden

They killed LFR because the 1% bitched about it? rofl
Sorta. They ripped all sets from LFR which sucked because I enjoyed having three tints for Pretty Pretty Dress Up. That was really just a "we're cutting artists" clue though that was followed up with just dumpstering class sets and generic theme sets from then on. Class sets with Tmog was some of hte most casual fun in WoW.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
blind is a shitty thing, but if you have your positions set up already and you know your hotkeys by heart, you can work through it with little problem. i think there were some people who would get glitched and would stay blinded for a long time or have to log out and come back to clear it. good luck telling those people that if they cant see the messages. lol, one of the reasons we had EQwindows and MIRC set up.. "hey i'm still blind what do?"

You miss the point. Mobs in Vex Thal would AoE blind, and then run, and because of fucked up pathing and agro in that zone, they'd train back everything they passed by when the flee mechanic wore off. It was beyond stupid.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Raiding isn't all bad. The first time my guild on the test server beat Vishimtar after failing it many, many times was amazing. I was the main tank/raid leader and to see each group go from total chaos to it all clicking and everyone doing their job at the same time it was one of the funnest evenings I can remember and I don't even know what he dropped. That said though, the thousands of hours of grinding, recruiting, farming, dealing with all sorts of drama etc. that it takes to make those moments happen just aren't worth it.
Primal brood Brutul?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
You miss the point. Mobs in Vex Thal would AoE blind, and then run, and because of fucked up pathing and agro in that zone, they'd train back everything they passed by when the flee mechanic wore off. It was beyond stupid.
hah, i dont remember that, i just remember everything aggroing all the time if we didnt kill everything on the way up there and it all had to be done in something like 90 minutes to avoid trains or something. i know that if we failed one of the upper floor bosses, we had to re-pull from the bottom. i still dont know why the thin walls. and why the hell was Old Sebillis so bonkers that mushrooms from down below would warp up top at the zonein? sometimes they were ghosts and other times, maybe with bard songs, they would be real and just kill everyone LFG or AFK.

• 1Worf

Fucker

Log Wizard
hah, i dont remember that, i just remember everything aggroing all the time if we didnt kill everything on the way up there and it all had to be done in something like 90 minutes to avoid trains or something. i know that if we failed one of the upper floor bosses, we had to re-pull from the bottom. i still dont know why the thin walls. and why the hell was Old Sebillis so bonkers that mushrooms from down below would warp up top at the zonein? sometimes they were ghosts and other times, maybe with bard songs, they would be real and just kill everyone LFG or AFK.
I accidentally delevelled someone. They fell asleep IRL waiting for the boat in OOT and I accidentally trained specters over them.

Someone managed to train a SG all the way to Freeport where it caused total havoc on the newbies.

Sometimes I'd bug my skeleton pet after giving it a fine steel dagger. Bugging it out would turn it into an NPC, I'd do that at the skeletons in Nek forest. This was back when the top level pet could destroy any L50 player. I couldn't pass up those lols.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Emarr, Da`Kor/Magister

Magister was actually involved in the event that caused me to register on this board in the first place. That was my original warrior on Tarew Marr before I rerolled on Test and my guild, "Black Company" killed Lord Inquisitor Seru by pulling him to the zone instead of killing him in the Arx as intended (the Arx was buggy as shit). Magister did the same thing about the same time and Kreugen made a thread on FOH talking shit about us doing that which compelled me to register here and defend it, hence the "TM" at the end of my username.

• 1Worf

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Magister was actually involved in the event that caused me to register on this board in the first place. That was my original warrior on Tarew Marr before I rerolled on Test and my guild, "Black Company" killed Lord Inquisitor Seru by pulling him to the zone instead of killing him in the Arx as intended (the Arx was buggy as shit). Magister did the same thing about the same time and Kreugen made a thread on FOH talking shit about us doing that which compelled me to register here and defend it, hence the "TM" at the end of my username.
Koryo did it and he then did that in PoP by pulling RZ to the zoneline in plane of tactics. Koryo was the guy who could make anything possible with our small crew. we only had a 30 active member guild

• 1Worf

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I wonder if he knew Sirrk. He was our monk that could do things nobody else could.

• 1Worf

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I wonder if he knew Sirrk. He was our monk that could do things nobody else could.
possibly, during Luclin, we were in an unofficial alliance with FoH, Afterlife, Triton and LoS. nothing super secret, just some of us sharing tactics and experiences with other guilds to make some of the encounters easier. its where this famous picture came from.

AOzZ4La.jpg

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Break

Only mentions Alex once, and while the guy comes across as a "believe all women" cuck, he seems to give a good overview of some or all of the allegations.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
"Blizzard used to be a company that never put out a bad product"

yup

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

First

Trakanon Raider
Actually, for as long as I was on the team, it was WELL understood that the bleeding edge guilds would absolutely murder any content we put out in a matter of weeks. The ONE time we tried really hard to give those guilds a challenge was Underfoot, and man that pissed off a HUGE segment of the playerbase, because it was pretty hard. In hindsight, I think it was tuned pretty well, and the majority of complaints were from people who used to solo everything who now couldn't. So they whined. But orders from the top came down that we made it too hard and had to 'fix it'. So /shrug.
That's how Solteris was billed. It also got nerfed. RIP

sindaael

<Banned>
I led many raids. The one thing I can't figure out is this grim reaper thing. Kind of ludicrous. Have fun with this one.

• 1Galaxy Brain

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>

Only mentions Alex once, and while the guy comes across as a "believe all women" cuck, he seems to give a good overview of some or all of the allegations.

So, they hired women based on their looks and then doubled the amount of women in dev leadership by 2016.

It's just so shocking that their games took a giant shit in the last decade.

YGWYD.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
So I haven't been around lately, and thus didn't hear about this drama... Saw an article on my Google news feed tho about Sony being unhappy with Blizzard over their response to a sexual harassment allegation. And even tho there was no name attached to who the alleged harasser was, I just knew it had to be Furor. A quick Google and yup there's his face. SMH lol.