Futurama Season 7

Zyke

Silver Knight of the Realm
Can't say I'm thrilled about Futurama being over (again) as I'm a big fan, but that was a great way to send it off. Couldn't have asked for much more in a finale.

iannis

Musty Nester
I thought it was nice. It was a sweet, soft landing. But people talking about it like it was on the level of Jurassic Bark is beyond me.

It was either that or Bender explodes the universe and the series ends with him saying "oops".

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
it was alright. not anything mind blowing.

the best compliment i can give it "at least they didnt fuck it up"

tad10

Elisha Dushku
I thought it was nice. It was a sweet, soft landing. But people talking about it like it was on the level of Jurassic Bark is beyond me.

It was either that or Bender explodes the universe and the series ends with him saying "oops".
Watch it again. Apart from the sentimentality, it's a _really_ clever episode. Everything that happens to Fry (up to, but not including, the Universe stopping) makes sense within the reality of a 10-second time loop. Including the key plot point of his watch showing 7:02 when it's actually 6:25.

Edit: It is one of the top ten Futurama episodes.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Watch it again. Apart from the sentimentality, it's a _really_ clever episode. Everything that happens to Fry (up to, but not including, the Universe stopping) makes sense within the reality of a 10-second time loop. Including the key plot point of his watch showing 7:02 when it's actually 6:25.

Edit: It is one of the top ten Futurama episodes.
i'd have to rewatch it but i counted at least 4 logical contradictions in that episode which really turned me off.

it was pretty surprising considering these are the same guys that made up a math theorem just for a plot.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
in a day or two when i muster up enough interest to watch it again

one off the top of my head. liquids in glasses are perfectly fluid and ddrinkable (i.e. champagne at top of vampire state building), but oceans are solid enough to be walked across

tad10

Elisha Dushku
in a day or two when i muster up enough interest to watch it again

one off the top of my head. liquids in glasses are perfectly fluid and ddrinkable (i.e. champagne at top of vampire state building), but oceans are solid enough to be walked across
I don't recall them as being perfectly fluid but I'll take your word for it what else?

iannis

Musty Nester
Walking across the oceans but being able to steal camper marshmallows was silly. Fry's death loop was funny, but silly. But it's like the MST3K song, "Just say to yourself it's just a show, I should sit back and relax!" I'm not saying it was a bad episode. It wasn't. It was a sentimental one instead of a funny one. They've milked fry/leela so much that it was like one last milk. For a fry / leela sentimental episode, I liked the one where Fry was the bald nurse. This one was fine. Really it was. Fry got to live happily ever after and he also got to go around again. Jurasic Bark was right in the fucking feels. This one was just more, "Well that's nice". TBH, you're probably right. If I had to pick 10 that episode might be one of them. But if this episode hadn't been the final one ever it would have been bordering on meh. Context is important though, and it was the last one ever.

I woulda liked to see Bender blow up the universe, but they've milked bender blowing up the universe as well. I'm kinda surprised they didn't do one of their 90 minute movies for a finale.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Leela/Fry story milking is fine with me. Only thing that rustles me is "WILL SHE OR WILL SHE NOT" and constant flux between their relationship. I mean, come the fuck ON AND MOVE ON, YOU FUCKERS.

Last episode would've been better served by a build up.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Err, you know it's over now, right? And that they did move on, got married, and lived to old age together. Your entire post is really confusing and contradictory...
that line of post did not include this episode and was in reference to the previous episodes.

I guess I'm the only one around here who didn't really dig the ending. Don't get me wrong, giving Fry/Lela closure and then a happy ending on top of it was nice and they did it well. However the rest of the main cast just ran around in a time-proof coconut with minimum dialogue and the only one of them that had any purpose for the last third of the episode was the Professor. Yes I know Fry/Lela was the overarching Futurama story line but it just doesn't feel right that the other characters, Bender especially, might as well have not even been in the episode.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
I guess I'm the only one around here who didn't really dig the ending. Don't get me wrong, giving Fry/Lela closure and then a happy ending on top of it was nice and they did it well. However the rest of the main cast just ran around in a time-proof coconut with minimum dialogue and the only one of them that had any purpose for the last third of the episode was the Professor. Yes I know Fry/Lela was the overarching Futurama story line but it just doesn't feel right that the other characters, Bender especially, might as well have not even been in the episode.
Yeah pretty much how I felt.

Also the episode seemed really really short, probably because of all the time looping sequences.