Futurama

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
Actually not a bad first episode, no trying to go to extremes with sex etc on the jokes which many reboos/new seasons do, didnt make the characters too much into charicatures of themselves, overall stayed in the same atmosphere as the old seasons, and no obvious wokeisms. Im sure I will be disappointed later tho...

velk

Trakanon Raider
This was pretty funny, which is rare these days.

"Oh boo hoo, it's a metaphor, stop taking it so literally"

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Juvarisx

Florida
Finally watched the second episode, I was interested to see if they were going to make the series topical like they did on Comedy Central which hurt the show. They did not, there wasn't any joke that someone 20 years from now wouldnt immediatly get to laugh at. They did keep a lot of things from before so long time viewers will get a laugh like them all having EyePhones still, but they made them more obnoxious by making thier head shake when people called which was funny.

Classic Zap in this one, always makes an episode an A, I laughed and enjoyed watching it.

They are back baby.

They changed Wong's voice actor, I thought at first cause Billy West couldnt do it anymore then I recalled they changed Apu's to an actual Indian guy so i assume for the same reason. He was not close, but he wasnt in it much.

I hope they don't try to change Barbados Slim and Curley Joe since John DiMaggio voiced them and they just dont use those characters anymore, Barbados Slim taunting Hermes in a different voice just wouldnt be the same.

Last edited:

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've been pleased with it so far, hopefully they can keep up this quality or better.

Juvarisx

Florida
Why did they need this? They got DiMaggio back for Bender.

The creators made a decision that the blowback of non minority actors doing minority voices was more of a headache then it was worth. They fought against it for years with Apu, but in the end it wasn't worth the fight and the actor they hired did a perfectly sounding Apu. The logic here was the same, its mostly good like Barbados Slim, but Mr. Wong was very different. South Park did it too with Token's dad voice actor being changed to the same person who voiced Token.

• 1Tiresome

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
The creators made a decision that the blowback of non minority actors doing minority voices was more of a headache then it was worth. They fought against it for years with Apu, but in the end it wasn't worth the fight and the actor they hired did a perfectly sounding Apu. The logic here was the same, its mostly good like Barbados Slim, but Mr. Wong was very different. South Park did it too with Token's dad voice actor being changed to the same person who voiced Token.

what a bunch of fucking faggots

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
On the Prince and the Product episode:

What the fuck was that? Absolutely the worst episode in the entire series.

• 1Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
On the Prince and the Product episode:

What the fuck was that? Absolutely the worst episode in the entire series.

They tried to do one of the anthology episodes that were done in the past, without understanding what made the past ones moderately enjoyable.

Same issue the show has always had, the new writers can't figure out the exact formula from the first 5 seasons.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
While that episode was definitely not it, overall this season was good and I do look forward to more.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users