Game Pass for Xbox and PC

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Katana Zero is a lot of fun and is well worth the sub 500meg download. Played through the game blind and recommend that for everyone's first play through. Lots of hidden things that most people (including me) wouldn't find on their own but save that for play through two. Currently trying to get the gold rating for under 30 minutes in speed run mode and the club mission seems to be my roadblock.

spronk

FPS noob
Star Wars Jedi Order will be added to EA Play next week, gamepass will include EA Play as well at the same time

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I'm more excited for December when PC ultimate gets EA Play added in.

Guess you can preload EA Play games already on console as well.

spronk

FPS noob
I'm more excited for December when PC ultimate gets EA Play added in.

Guess you can preload EA Play games already on console as well.

yeah i dunno if its part of the basic xbox os or only for series S/X but you can preload ANY game now, even if you don't own it. Really cool feature, hope PS5 implements it some day. Preload a game you will pickup later at walmart or buy digitally, so its all ready to go when you get the disc or pay the digital money.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Knowing 505, it won't include the DLC and they will remove it from Game Pass just before the Series X upgrade happens.

spronk

FPS noob
destiny 2 includes all the current xpansions, only reason im playing the campaign on my Series X

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
For console? Cause I don't recall that anything I've run into on PC came with dlc.

Not often at all. And I have never seen it either or played closer attention. Gamepass is a target market saturation tool for business cases of either selling DLC or MTX; back funded in some cases but that isn’t the norm.

Most if not all would rather take that contract over getting funding paid for by MS upfront and leveraging port development to sell outside of the gamepass service. The delta for MTX revenue is too large to stay away from.

Only service that gives away ultimate editions is Ubisoft and those game launches don’t come with the expansion DLC’s until post 3-6 months and by then it won’t matter - you can get the ultimate editions for a hair above the price of the money of the monthly price and ultimates on launch come with jack shit anyway save a few missions and “time savers”.

Last edited:

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Only game that I've installed and know for sure that it comes with DLC is Pillars of Eternity, which is extra weird since it's the Complete Edition on console while PC gets only the base game.

I was going to say that I think Control should be a special case since the ultimate edition has made the older versions entirely obsolete, but I see now that they are still selling the basic bitch digital version for $30 while ultimate edition is $40 ($20 on sale). I thought they had completely deleted the old one like they've deleted the non-ultimate physical disc SKUs.

So I'd say if you're thinking about buying Control on sale now to play on Series X later (because 505 are the kind of cocksuckers who'll make sure it's not on sale at all leading up to the release of the next gen upgrade), it seems unlikely you'll get burned. And I'd still bet the farm that they'll remove it from Game Pass just in time to avoid dealing with people expecting Game Pass to have it for Series X too.

Edit: There's also FF15, it's the Royal Edition on Game Pass.

Last edited: