Game Pass for Xbox and PC

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
This is pretty neat for some games. Minecraft Dungeons getting on-screen controls.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
On your Microsoft account there is a rewards dashboard. Daily there are 3 activities that are just clicking or quizes, get bonus points for streaks if done every day. Also special boxes that are just clicking. Sometimes multi-phase tasks that to on over a week or month.

Daily searches on mobile Bing app (can be mimicked on PC with several browsers, which I was doing for awhile on shit Fire tablet before force installing Google play and Bing app. Also points for searching on PC and edge, which edge always seems to count as PC.

Then dashboard quizzes and searches are fast, like less time than me when pecking this post on my tablet. Bing app, just load a news search and keep refreshing by scrolling, each counts as a search. The rest, just search some random shit and click the also searched links, leave tab open for next day. Or image search and click the tabs, but hard to tell what was already searched for that way.

On XBox is a Microsoft rewards app. There are weekly tasks that are mostly just points what you're already doing. Bonus points for weekly streaks. There are also boxes there, mostly clicking, some points for specific game activities, some points for buying things. I rarely buy stuff as it's mostly new games and !ovies, but when you do you get a small amount of points per $ too.

Then at the bottom says other ways to earn, shows the searches and links to dashboard, and on the right is Xbox activities. There is Gamepass weekly and monthly quests. Most easy like just loading a game of daily log in to the Xbox app. Some long and annoying, like getting achievements in games that suck.

I check Reddit MS Rewards for guides on game quests and complicated special boxes, notices of events (like recently a taco bell xsex contest) email points that I missed, and answers o the "this or that" quizzes on the dashboard that are annoying.

I also check slickdeals Xbox and/or video games for deals specifically on MS gift cards and promotional stuff or sales.

Yes, it's all advertising and trying to get you to use their apps, software and services, but I already was and they already have all my data so shrug for me.

You can gift 5k points a month from other accounts, but may get banned if they think you're farming on fake accounts; I would feel comfortable doing points on my girlfriend's account as it's all linked to my xbox but just haven't bothered, though being home so much due to Covid I probably should have been. Linked accounts can play Gamepass games and do some rewards, but need their own Gamepass sub for reward quests, but again can pay for itself and can still do the Xbox live conversion trick to get it cheaper.

One note, using a VPN for rewards or automating searches may get your account banned.

Last edited:

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
1601402600474.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Not yet, I'm sure we'll end up w/ a torrent of Zenimax games between now and holiday.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
its not on the windows store so thats probably the reason, i'm sure they will put it out on there but gamepass games require that, they don't run the steam/EGS/etc versions

i do hope this means that they kill that fucking bethesda launcher, one less launcher is nice even if its a move to the shitty windows store

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dizzam

Blackwing Lair Raider
Dates EA Play is coming to Game Pass:

Console - Nov 10 for Series X/S launch
PC - December

• 1Like

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
I've heard from many a source that the Game Pass is one of the best deals in gaming, currently. I've not had PS Now in over a couple of years now, so out of curiosity, what makes it better?

spronk

FPS noob
you've had PSNow or PS+ for a few years? PSNow is mostly just streaming a catalog of older games, while PS+ is mostly meh games "for free" (sub fee).

Gamepass Ultimate has a lot of value add

- a ton of rotating in new games, like just in the last few weeks Flight Simulator 2020 on PC and Wasteland 3, Carrion, Tell Me Why, Crusader Kings III, Indivisible, and all the Destiny 2 xpacs on xbox. I've also really enjoyed Goose Game, Outer Wilds, My Friend Pedro, etc all indie games normally I wouldn't buy or even look at. I think this is essentially worth $50-70/yr as long as the game quality stays strong and new.

- xbox and PC games (varied) if you own both

- xcloud streaming now. You can play a library of 100+ games (from the above) on phone, tablet, PCs, etc just via streaming without an install off Microsoft datacenters. Not an ideal way to play a game by any means, but it can be a neat way to check on stuff away from home in games you play a lot

- (soon) EA play included for free

- all first party microsoft games launch for free on gamepass. This is still really weak to be fair, but its included Forza Horizon 4, Gears 5, Wasteland, Sea of Thieves, Flight Sim 2020, etc in the last 2 years. They should hopefully have a stronger lineup in the next few years between Obsidian, Rare, and now Bethesda.

its basically netflix for games and gets even better if you have a PC and xbox

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I've heard from many a source that the Game Pass is one of the best deals in gaming, currently. I've not had PS Now in over a couple of years now, so out of curiosity, what makes it better?
Pretty sure that was sarcasm.

spronk

FPS noob
Tales of Vesperia DE is now on gamepass

as is Katana Zero and a few other things on GWG