Game Pass for Xbox and PC

Xerge

<Donor>
What do you mean, everyone? No bud. It's worth it for a select few who want to play through the game's it offers. It's not an argument you get to disagree with, lol. If you need my second point explained I can't be bothered --simple as fuck. There's a standard in life, you apparently don't mind it up the ass with a drop of lube later.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
My main stay is that the service at full retail price per month/6 month is not worth it and a sham to seed mediocre 1st party games (A result of Gamepass in my opinion so MS can least common denominate develop) and 3rd party seeding for DLC and MTX is nothing more than a way to get people to pay for what is bordering on free to play games and my thought that it will get to that level of quality sooner rather than later. Unless you took advantage of the dollar buy out for 3 years, it isn't near worth it considering the quality of the games. (Outside of VERY select few that are on there)

Gamepass is becoming a dumpster fire full of mediocre shit with plenty of DLC and MTX not included to seed the market penetration for said game and nothing more. We have already seen the straight up decline of MS 1st party titles - hell, look at what is happening with Halo Infinite and that was their flagship. Smoke and mirrors in the form of value which truly doesn't exist as we go further down the rabbit whole of shit game releases under a GaaS model.'.

The latest with the DLC for Outer World's is hilarious because for $24.99 you get one single planet with about 5 hours of content and a whopping 10% off as a gamepass member. And as we all knew, Outer World's turned out to be a shell of a game too because "Gamepass".

And don't even get me started on the mediocrity of State of Decay 2 and Crackdown 3.

Yes, as I said I understand your argument. I'm not sure I understand your saltiness, though. That's all.

Full retail price is a poor judge of most products and services. I'm okay with the pricing model with multiple ways to pay and the actual price with multiple ways for discounts if one chooses or cares to search them out.

I'm not sure Gamepass is causing the game quality to decline. Seems to be declining in our older school gamer perspective for plenty of platforms that have nothing to do with Gamepass. I can be generally dissatisfied with the industry as a whole and still specifically satisfied with Gamepass judging it for what it is, not what I think it should be.

That said, there are many games I've enjoyed for countless hours that I never would have without Gamepass. Many I would consider hi quality. And their model is successful, because I'm a cheap bastard but Gamepass has led to sales from me.

Not sure what you expected, but I never took the system to be access to every cutting edge new release. So, maybe just different expectations, but again my point wasn't that you're wrong about your perspective, just that the level of salt and dissatisfaction seems disproportionate.

I'd like to see more Gamepass specific discounts, and they seem to be improving on stuff like that like expanding perks and now adding EA access. So hopefully they'll add more Gamepass exclusives or early access or sales. When MS does run general sales I've found them to be pretty good, though. Especially using gift card redemption from points or sticking up on gift cards from external sales.

Sure, Outer World was underwhelming, but is it because of Gamepass or just the general state and direction of the industry. And I know plenty of not miss that enjoyed it, hah. And Gamepass was the reason I could play enough to know if wasn't the game I hoped; saved me $60 right there. Thanks, Gamepass!

I dunno, like I said, we agree mostly, you just seem really salty about something that is an judgement call people can simply make for themselves. Not sure anyone is exactly being hurt by the existence of Gamepass outside of what I consider a flimsy theory attributing game quality to Gamepass.

To me, Gamepass is awesome and at the root of some of the best things MS is doing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lenas

Trump's Staff
The cost for the game pass is justified given what it provides versus any other competitor. How much someone personally values the individual games is pretty irrelevant.

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Compared to PS Now, for 59 a year, PS Now with downloadable games blows the content quality out of the water.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Sure, Outer World was underwhelming, but is it because of Gamepass or just the general state and direction of the industry.
Obsidian hasn't been the same since Avellone left. Or more to the point, since whatever happened internally that caused shit like Avellone leaving to happen.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The cost for the game pass is justified given what it provides versus any other competitor. How much someone personally values the individual games is pretty irrelevant.

I mean I like Xbox and Playstation.

giphy.gif

Compared to PS Now, for 59 a year, PS Now with downloadable games blows the content quality out of the water.

wait holy shit PS now doesnt suck fat cock anymore and let's you DL everything like Gamepass now? That is bad ass.

• 2Like
  • 2Worf

Vorph

wait holy shit PS now doesnt suck fat cock anymore and let's you DL everything like Gamepass now? That is bad ass.
No PS3 games, not all PS4 games, and not if you want to play them on PC. Which is probably obvious, but personally that's the only platform I ever had any interest in using PS Now on and last time I tried it the latency was awful. Could be better now, that was quite a while ago. Never thought any streaming service would be worth a shit, but Geforce Now changed my mind (somewhat, even when you take away latency as a major problem there's still the issue with publishers being assholes, total lack of modding, and on GFN Epic Store games still don't have working cloud saves). xCloud seems interesting too, once the Windows app is finally out anyway.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I got Ultimate for like $1/month. Seems worth it to me, even if they were all shitty games.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
No PS3 games, not all PS4 games, and not if you want to play them on PC. Which is probably obvious, but personally that's the only platform I ever had any interest in using PS Now on and last time I tried it the latency was awful. Could be better now, that was quite a while ago. Never thought any streaming service would be worth a shit, but Geforce Now changed my mind (somewhat, even when you take away latency as a major problem there's still the issue with publishers being assholes, total lack of modding, and on GFN Epic Store games still don't have working cloud saves). xCloud seems interesting too, once the Windows app is finally out anyway.

Wait so it still sucks like I remember it? Utnayan Utnayan dude come on if p.s. now is still like it used to be that’s not better than Gamepass lol

• 1Like

faille

Molten Core Raider
How common is cross play?
Thinking of grabbing this so I can play some games with my nephew who has an xbox.
Will I need to get an xbox also or fine with a pc?

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
What do you mean, everyone? No bud. It's worth it for a select few who want to play through the game's it offers. It's not an argument you get to disagree with, lol. If you need my second point explained I can't be bothered --simple as fuck. There's a standard in life, you apparently don't mind it up the ass with a drop of lube later.

Suck his dick harder, faggot

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
games currently "free" with EA play on xbox

2019 sports games - Madden, NBA, NFL, FIFA
Battlefield series (including 5)
Dead Space series
Anthem
Star Wars Battlefront 2
Titanfall 2 (& 1?)
Mass Effect Series

Mass Effect remastered though is rumored for end of Oct and wouldn't be part of EA Play for a year or so
So nothing, basically

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Suck his dick harder, faggot

You’re a hilarious pitiful fuck aren’t you.

We ever going to have an FOH meet up once this Covid is all over? I’ll sumo suit up and take on Ambiturner in the prelim pity match so the fat kid picked last for elementary school kickball can get a minute to bounce around a bit.

• 1Worf

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Ut...PS Now is pure shit - that will not change - PS may have a better library of titles being made over Xbox but PS Now has nothing to do with that and its a turd - not even a pretty turd, its the shit that remained shit and wasnt dressed up to pretend its something else.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
You’re a hilarious pitiful fuck aren’t you.

We ever going to have an FOH meet up once this Covid is all over? I’ll sumo suit up and take on Ambiturner in the prelim pity match so the fat kid picked last for elementary school kickball can get a minute to bounce around a bit.

Bring your old Vikings uniform

• 7Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Rime

<Donor>
My only issue with Gamepass is that the games are updated significantly slower than they are on other platforms. Undermine was unplayable for over a month after it's release on Gamepass because of a bug that caused it to not save your progress whenever you closed the game.

Vorph

Wait so it still sucks like I remember it? Utnayan Utnayan dude come on if p.s. now is still like it used to be that’s not better than Gamepass lol
Well, he's right that you can download and play most of the PS4 games on it, and that's a huge improvement over what the streaming used to be like. I'd still be skeptical of it for PS3 games and anything played through the PC client.

How common is cross play?
Thinking of grabbing this so I can play some games with my nephew who has an xbox.
Will I need to get an xbox also or fine with a pc?
Not very common, more so with first/second party games but still kind of iffy even then. You'll probably need an xbox, but it's easy enough to look up on a game by game basis to see if they have Cross Play support.

My only issue with Gamepass is that the games are updated significantly slower than they are on other platforms. Undermine was unplayable for over a month after it's release on Gamepass because of a bug that caused it to not save your progress whenever you closed the game.
Yeah, that's pretty annoying. Like right now, PC Game Pass still hasn't gotten the Wasteland 3 patch that Steam/GOG got like a week ago and consoles a few days after that. Game Pass was supposed to get it at the same time as Xbone, but now it's their "intention to have it out by the end of the week".

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!