Game Pass for Xbox and PC

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yes. A lot of definitive/directors/whatever editions that include base game plus whatever DLCs

Witcher 3 - No expansions
Forza 7 - No DLC
Forza Horizon 4 - Standard no DLC
Shadow of War - No DLC (MTX system was later gutted to save face)
Outer world - No expansion
Ori - Definitive edition didn’t include any content was just a graphical upgrade
Halo Wars 2 (lol)
Dragon Age Inq - No DLC
Sea of thieves - free content updates for all
No Man’s Sky - Free content updates for all
Sniper Elites - check the add ons.
Doom Eternal - No expansion - ironically appears on gamepass when the DLC came out to sell
Fallout 76 (lol this is becoming self explanatory)

In fact, go to every single game in there, click the game, check the add ons. That’s why they are on gamepass.(To be fair, most games are like this)

Even some of the special editions (Dead by Daylight for example) are nothing but one added killer hoping to sell a shit ton of MTX/DLC - This is why Gamepass exists. A way to monetize what most would consider free to play games and disguise Gamepass as having value. This is what MS is notorious for - and their 1st party titles fucking tanked as a result due to least common denominator development.

On quick glance I see State of Decay 2 which is a piece of shit, Gears Ultimate, Pillars of Eternity, and the 1st Halo Wars from 1232BC having DLC and two of those are MTX.

Four.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Shit all over fallout 76, yeah whatevs. But its now a solid 100+ hours of story and quests plus tons of exploration to finish the game. And its great if you have some buddies to play with too. I played it with my 16 yr old and it was a blast last spring at lock down. end game is still meh, but to get there its pretty solid IMO. I would say this is kinda like Division 2. Good fun for story and quests and shit to play through but then end agme is meh.

Plus im not sure but my older kid told me that Destiny 2 new expansion is part of the game pass too. So thats a solid 200+ hours as well there if youre into shooting shit and space magic. Bonus you can buy the season pass for $10 and it opens up tons more shit for you.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Shit all over fallout 76, yeah whatevs. But its now a solid 100+ hours of story and quests plus tons of exploration to finish the game. And its great if you have some buddies to play with too. I played it with my 16 yr old and it was a blast last spring at lock down. end game is still meh, but to get there its pretty solid IMO. I would say this is kinda like Division 2. Good fun for story and quests and shit to play through but then end agme is meh.

Post was about it being what was nothing more than a free to play game with a heavy MTX system and why it was included in Gamepass. Glad you had some fun playing Coop :)

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Witcher 3 - No expansions
Forza 7 - No DLC
Forza Horizon 4 - Standard no DLC
Shadow of War - No DLC (MTX system was later gutted to save face)
Outer world - No expansion
Ori - Definitive edition didn’t include any content was just a graphical upgrade
Halo Wars 2 (lol)
Dragon Age Inq - No DLC
Sea of thieves - free content updates for all
No Man’s Sky - Free content updates for all
Sniper Elites - check the add ons.
Doom Eternal - No expansion - ironically appears on gamepass when the DLC came out to sell
Fallout 76 (lol this is becoming self explanatory)

In fact, go to every single game in there, click the game, check the add ons. That’s why they are on gamepass. Even some of the special editions (Dead by Daylight for example) are nothing but one added killer hoping to sell a shit ton of MTX/DLC - This is why Gamepass exists. A way to monetize what most would consider free to play games and disguise Gamepass as having value. This is what MS is notorious for - and their 1st party titles fucking tanked as a result due to least common denominator development.

On quick glance I see State of Decay 2 which is a piece of shit, Gears Ultimate, Pillars of Eternity, and the 1st Halo Wars from 1232BC having DLC and two of those are MTX.

Four.

Oh cool thanks for a pointless post about games that dont have free dlc.

Borderlands 2
Borderlands Pre-Sequel
Final Fantasy XV
Ark
Batman Arkham Knight
Batman Arkham City
Darksiders 2
Devil May Cry
Hollow Knight
The Surge

Thats just off the top of my head I'm sure there's more I'm not aware of

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I’m talking about one: Console. And I guess we should add “games people give a flying fuck about” to that caveat.

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
These are all in the next two weeks:

1606845905052.png

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yep, that's the basic version of Control. Ultimate edition would have a black background on the thumbnail.

Some nice adds there though. DQ11, Greedfall, and Doom Eternal especially. Haven should be up on Thursday or Friday along with DQ11, and seems like it might be worth checking out in the lull before Cyberpunk too.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
well can't complain about Doom Eternal and Greedfall. Don't think my sub tier is high enough for EA play access.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Nice adds.

control and greedfall were really enjoyable earlier this year with minimal hype. Doom and dq11 are also great.

How is Starbound. Looks interesting

spronk

FPS noob
kinda glad control is not ultimate edition, i bought it on PS4 (PS5) physical and wouldnt want to keep it if its on gamepass lol

DQ 11-S, Greedfall, and a few others are neat. I wouldn't want to buy them but i'll try them out on gamepass and not feel bad if I stop playing after a few hours and uninstall.

I can't "preload" off website but the xbox app lets me install/preload Greedfall and DQ11-S even though its not on gamepass yet, thats pretty cool

also Goose Game is leaving gamepass which is a bummer, I enjoyed playing it but no chance of me finishing this week

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
How is Starbound. Looks interesting
It's basically Terraria but with interplanetary travel instead of one massive world. Much more boring weapons but the building options are pretty intredasting. I spent several hours building an arcology submerged in lava.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's pretty amazing that the two games I even considered buying in the last round of Steam sales (GreedFall and Starbound) now show up on the Gamepass. Does anyone know when the EA Play hits PC?

I hear the arguments about the lack of DLC on GamePass, I still think the amount of game options you get for $15 is tough to beat.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's pretty amazing that the two games I even considered buying in the last round of Steam sales (GreedFall and Starbound) now show up on the Gamepass. Does anyone know when the EA Play hits PC?

I hear the arguments about the lack of DLC on GamePass, I still think the amount of game options you get for $15 is tough to beat.
15th.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>

I mean, I got it because I was able to snag three years on the spronk spronk deal idea converting 36 months of live to ultimate game pass for $1.00. Ultimately I ended up paying $3.36 a month. So taking that into account, that's a no brainer. With that said, $14.99 a month for this isn't too bad based on what you have not played before, but 1st party for MS is going to continue to be nothing but garbage in a box for the unforseeable future and may not EVER get better. So there is that.

spronk

FPS noob
new users only

target and gamestop both sold 3 months GPU for $20 during black friday, it'll probably be that price again around xmas. There is a "trick" to get 4 months, just turn OFF auto renewal first, then add any code to add more gamepass ultimate, and the system will ask you if you want to turn on auto renewal to get an extra month free. say yes, turn it back off, rinse and repeat.

You can even do it with cool promos, like right now you can buy Pringles cans in stores and get a 7 day gamepass ultimate code with receipt upload. Combine with 30 days and thats 1 month 1 week for like $1 (and a bag o chips). Rinse repeat across multiple uploads and you could load in 3 years of gamepass ultimate for like $30 of chips lol. same kind of deals with cyberpunk rockstar energy drinks. I don't pay much attention since i have maxxed out at 3 years and have 2 more years of codes to put in as it rolls over.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Got my Series X on Monday and I have to say I’m loving it. Jumping around yo all sorts of game pass games like Slay the Spire, Outer Worlds, Dragon Age 1, Sea of Thieves, and Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order. It is really great getting to check out all these games I’ve heard about for years but never had the time or the motivation to drop $30-$60 for them. Definitely going to fire up Control when that becomes available also.

Then... this will be the Winter of Cyber Punk. Pretty sure thats all I’m going to play for a couple months.

Series X is great, I like it a lot. But Game Pass really is the star.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Don't forget to check out the game pass quests and reward system. Pretty minimal effort you can easily pay for game pass or buy those darn missing DLCs that enrage some people for not always being included. With a bit more effort doing daily achievements (lots of easy games) and the gamepass quests, you can make some decent cash.

I'm up to $275 worth of points for the year. Started doing points on my girlfriend's account a few months ago and it's up to $60 now (can only gift other accounts $5 a month worth of points, but I think you can buy/gift games, or I might get myself a new controller). Not bad for doing shit I'd be doing otherwise.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Got my Series X on Monday and I have to say I’m loving it. Jumping around yo all sorts of game pass games like Slay the Spire, Outer Worlds, Dragon Age 1, Sea of Thieves, and Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order. It is really great getting to check out all these games I’ve heard about for years but never had the time or the motivation to drop $30-$60 for them. Definitely going to fire up Control when that becomes available also.

Then... this will be the Winter of Cyber Punk. Pretty sure thats all I’m going to play for a couple months.

Series X is great, I like it a lot. But Game Pass really is the star.

Uh oh. Sea of thieves. Drunk gaming weekend. What could go wrong.

• 1Like