Game Pass for Xbox and PC

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Does the game pass stuff go on discount like the PS Plus memberships do?
3 month codes went on sale for $18 and $21 at Target and Best Buy last Black Friday/Xmas. There's a pretty good chance of getting an offer for a 4th month when you redeem them too, just for turning on auto-renew.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

12 minutes is neat, but holy fuck it's frustrating. Gets to a point where it's like "what the fuck do I do now?"
Yeah, I hit that wall a couple times. First time it didn't take too long to catch on to how the light switch worked, but I'm completely stuck now. The twist is obvious to me and I've tried everything I can think of to get the characters to figure it out too but nothing changes and the day just keeps restarting (due to time's up rather than getting beat up or killed).

There's some plot holes and weird bits of dialogue which don't fit what's actually happened so far too, which adds to the frustration a bit too. It's a pretty interesting game when you're actually progressing though.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah 12 minutes reminds me a lot of outer wilds, while the gimmick is absolutely cool and neat and you "get it" right away in the first run, there is a fuck ton of frustrating things where you gotta do the same shit over and over as fast as you can to get to a point where you can fuck up quickly and wipe your progression. not fun if you don't have unlimited play time.

and then its even weirder considering the serious adult themes of the game, 12 year old me woulda been fine spending 15 hours playing the same loop over and over but this isn't a game a kid should be playing. 40-something year old me has zero interest in spending that much time here, i'm just getting an achievement a day and following walkthroughs to do it

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
the "trick" is to do MS Rewards, you can earn about 15k/month in points ($15) easy just for doing literally 2 mins of stuff inside a browser plus launching a few games a week on your xbox. You can convert like 35k points into 3 months, so every 2-3 months I just add another 3 months just for using my xbox.

Since I'm still subbed out for 3 years I've been using it for other stuff, like bought the loony tunes and forza 5 controllers using my rewards money. You can join here, login/signup with your xbox email

DONT turn on bing "give mode", it converts all your points into charity money
Do you have an easy tutorial or resource that shows how to set this shit up where I can click one thing and be done? I know you've mentioned something before. Plus, I don't currently have an actual Xbox, still worth it for PC players?

faille

Molten Core Raider
its worth looknig into vpn options too. I think I signed up via Brazil or maybe Indonesia for a significant discount

spronk

FPS noob
Do you have an easy tutorial or resource that shows how to set this shit up where I can click one thing and be done? I know you've mentioned something before. Plus, I don't currently have an actual Xbox, still worth it for PC players?
the reddit is pretty good, r/MicrosoftRewards I check there every tuesday afterrnoon when new MS Rewards quests pop up on xbox for the fastest way to do them via xcloud.

without an xbox its not as good, you can earn around 14k-16k points per month with bing searches vs 25-30k per month with that plus an xbox. 2-3x a year every achievement point you get that month (up to 10k) counts towards rewards too.

Still, for ez mode what you wanna do is use Edge, then create 40 tabs or so of different searches then bookmark them all into one folder. Now every day you can just right click and open all favorites and it'll auto complete all your searches. If you use a user-switching agent you can do both the browser and mobile searches in one shot, or just open all the favorites on your phone too. 15 seconds and 500 points a day. Do that for 4 months and its $60 of credit, enough to buy a new game or a few months of gamepass.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Just a general heads up based on angry posts from reddit and slickdeals.

Doing rewards with a VPN one risks having their entire MS account banned.

Using a VPN to buy game pass or live codes at discount seems to be fine.

Not sure of the implications of signing up directly through MS in a different reason using a VPN.

But MS will ban people for rewards shenanigans, and people don't often find out until they try to redeem points after months or years. Hence the angry Reddit posts.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Yeah, I hit that wall a couple times. First time it didn't take too long to catch on to how the light switch worked, but I'm completely stuck now. The twist is obvious to me and I've tried everything I can think of to get the characters to figure it out too but nothing changes and the day just keeps restarting (due to time's up rather than getting beat up or killed).

There's some plot holes and weird bits of dialogue which don't fit what's actually happened so far too, which adds to the frustration a bit too. It's a pretty interesting game when you're actually progressing though.

There were a few times I thought I had figured everything out and "won" only for the cycle to repeat and have no idea what the hell i was supposed to do.

There's also multiple twists but if you're where i think you are
Show the cop the onesie when he mentions the nanny's name being something flowery

Vorph

Show the cop the onesie when he mentions the nanny's name being something flowery
Yeah, I finally got past that. I swear I'd already tried it before and it didn't work, maybe it was because I stabbed him? I shot him in the leg and showed it to him and that time it worked fine.. And yeah, I'm back at trial and error stage again and still haven't gotten an actual 'ending', just more and more resets.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Yeah, I finally got past that. I swear I'd already tried it before and it didn't work, maybe it was because I stabbed him? I shot him in the leg and showed it to him and that time it worked fine.. And yeah, I'm back at trial and error stage again and still haven't gotten an actual 'ending', just more and more resets.

Did you go through his text messages? That opens up a whole new way the evening can go.

Vorph

Did you go through his text messages? That opens up a whole new way the evening can go.
Yep, not sure you can even get to the point I was stuck at before without being able to use the phone with the 'innocent' option. And I got the Groundhog (perfect day) achievement for using the other choice. It still just reset after that though. I assume I should be hunting for actual endings at this point, but maybe there's still more to be revealed in the flashbacks. At least it feels like I'm making progress again anyway.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Yep, not sure you can even get to the point I was stuck at before without being able to use the phone with the 'innocent' option. And I got the Groundhog (perfect day) achievement for using the other choice. It still just reset after that though. I assume I should be hunting for actual endings at this point, but maybe there's still more to be revealed in the flashbacks. At least it feels like I'm making progress again anyway.

Didn't think so either, but you mentioned shooting him in the leg.

The "flashbacks" are what you should be hunting at this point. Looking at the watch for a bit I think does it at some point and you have to manually move the watch hand at some point which is annoying because you can't do it at any other point and there's no indication you can do it when you need to.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
sleevedraw sleevedraw have you played that game? It‘s just....zuuuuuper gay. So far “two swords in one day. What are the odds?” “Do you prefer one or two-handed?” is just, wow.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
sleevedraw sleevedraw have you played that game? It‘s just....zuuuuuper gay. So far “two swords in one day. What are the odds?” “Do you prefer one or two-handed?” is just, wow.

> Inclusive, tasteful approach to gender and sexuality - male, female, and non-binary romance

Uh, no, thanks, I think I'm good!

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Boyfriend Dungeon is actually a decent little game. The dungeon parts are enjoyable and the dating parts are filled with over-the-top characters but with a shocking degree of authenticity at times.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Regarding Boyfriend Dungeon.

It's fun and a decent production. Very gay, though. Less homosexuality than necessarily assumed (not far in got a girl weapon), but very gay.

Very true to life that as a male character no matter how rude I am to the other male characters they still come on to my character and don't take no for an answer.

The game is rated 13 and up, but before the game loads has a weird warning about stalking and how rapey the game is.

And the wholes premise is you're a young person who has never even dated, on summer vacation being flirted with, hit on and stalked into love by mostly older men. With tons of innuendo about holding their swords.

Whole thing is basically a grooming game to normalize very rapey behavior and push leftist notions of gender and sexuality (edit: obviously).

• 1Worf
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 1 users