Game Pass for Xbox and PC

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, if these acquisitions just turn into past library IP purchases, it is all going to be for naught.

EA is a prime example that it is easy to own studios and difficult to run them. You lose the passion of teams that are making the games they want to make. They go corporate and design decisions are made with monetization as the #1 priority. Then, they get on the treadmill of yearly releases which is soul crushing for the people that want to make great games. The talent bleed starts and doesn't end till you have nothing but blue, purple, & green hairs running your company into the ground.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
The industry has industry wide issues. Game Pass may not be the solution to all those problems, but it certainly isn't the cause of them.

It seems to me what happens is what always happens. People have their biases and no matter what is actually happening those biases are miraculously reinforced in a way that confirms their view of the world.

That meme could be remade: Xbox has no games - yeah but buying IPs is pointless if they don't make games - yeahbut the games will probably have issues like most games these days from corporate owned studios - yahbut it's like all a scam, maaan, because I can't play everything I've ever wanted for $15 bucks a month!

Game Pass is a service like any other. If it appeals to you, great. If not, just shrug and move on without trying to convince everyone else they're somehow wrong for finding value in something you don't?

And nobody who cares about the cost is spending $15 a month on Game Pass.

Next up: why you're wrong if you drive a Ford and aktually McDonald's has billions of happy customers.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Really just better off buying on Steam.

Been playing Mass Effect Legendary on Game Pass. Sure, had to wait a few months to replay these old games, but saved me $30-$60.

I converted Live to Ultimate with a free month for every 3 month card. Cost me something like $4 a month average in the end.

I spend a month every quarter clicking shit a few times a week in the Xbox Ambassador program which gives me a free month of ultimate every quarter, further lowering the cost of Game Pass.

I'm obviously a cheapskate with a much smaller dick than you, but Game Pass is amazing for cheap gaming.

Especially because when I do want to buy a game they have decent deals, and MS Rewards (yes, more asinine clicking) provides me with a $300 gaming budget a year. On top of XBox gift cards I only buy if they're 15-20% off.

It's not perfect, but I find it's an immense value and actually enjoy the eco system and product as a whole. The series X I got for effectively 70% off and the wireless headphones I bought completely with rewards money are great.

You may not like the company or the service, but there is value in it and plenty of reasons to like it, and apparently plenty of people who do.

Game Pass is getting better for PC gaming, but Steam is still better, but provides a very different service. And I was frustrated with myself using Steam because I'd have hundreds of dollars put into games I was never playing or games that turned out to be shit. Or games I avoided paying for because they were nice or indie.

Game Pass solved much of that for me. Yet, here I am just enjoying the service that meets my needs without trying to argue other people's preference for Steam (a rather different service) is mistaken or wrong.

• 1Imbecile
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Funny thing is they have botched their own flagship IP, and have released dick all save Forza 5 this gen. Time will tell what happens to Starfield. And Acti/Blizz if it goes through is a fucking laughable trainwreck right now.

They can buy up all these IP's - and if they shovel more shit like their own Halo Infinite, it isn't going to do one damn bit of good.

So hopefully they fucking do something with all of these acquisitions and learn how to manage development cycles with quality work, otherwise it is just baseless marketing hype with no show and all "Look at us" bullshit.
I mean Halo infinite multiplayer is popular with that crowd. It was ok nothing spectacular.

Forza is all they need right now because I don’t see shit from Sony either. Plus everyone still trying to get the PS5.

joz123

Potato del Grande
I mean Halo infinite multiplayer is popular with that crowd. It was ok nothing spectacular.

Forza is all they need right now because I don’t see shit from Sony either. Plus everyone still trying to get the PS5.
You don't think Horizon 2 is gonna sell millions of copies?

Come On Eye Roll GIF

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
You don't think Horizon 2 is gonna sell millions of copies?

Come On Eye Roll GIF
I mean selling more than anything Sony has right now due to gamepass since it’s actually out.

Season 9 Lol GIF by The Office

joking aside after seeing GoW’s numbers on steam Sony probably going to drop shit much sooner on PC to compete. Win win

Last edited:

Brad2770

I’m able to get a Series X with 3 month game pass for $600. Worth it? I know little about x-box.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I’m able to get a Series X with 3 month game pass for $600. Worth it? I know little about x-box.

If after taxes then yes, absolutely.

If before taxes then it's about $50 above buying them at msrp separately so still not bad at all. If that's a scalper price you're not going to find anything better outside of buying it in a store

• 2Like

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
If after taxes then yes, absolutely.

If before taxes then it's about $50 above buying them at msrp separately so still not bad at all. If that's a scalper price you're not going to find anything better outside of buying it in a store
Was typing basically the same thing - as for the console, it’s great especially if you have game pass.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I believe Mist Mist elaborated on th x-platform saves / play being good. Mine is collecting dust atm, but mainly bc of playstation.

Brad2770

I believe Mist Mist elaborated on th x-platform saves / play being good. Mine is collecting dust atm, but mainly bc of playstation.

I passed for now. Only reason I wanted one was for Fallout or to resale. Not a reason to drop $600. Thanks for responding. It already sold out.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Mine's the opposite. Outside of Demons Souls I haven't had a reason to ever turn it on.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
xbox + gamepass is like walking into a blockbuster in the 80s and 90s and walking out with some random shit, sometimes its great, most of the time its trash, but man its cool walking out with new shit based solely on the cover art

im currently playing danganronpa on my ps5, a 10 year old weeb visual novel lol

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
xbox + gamepass is like walking into a blockbuster in the 80s and 90s and walking out with some random shit, sometimes its great, most of the time its trash, but man its cool walking out with new shit based solely on the cover art
Yeah, this is a pretty accurate description. Back when I was 14-15ish, buddies and I used to go in on a Friday night with a 5 movie limit and then spend the night commenting over them like Mystery Science Theatre 3000 - unless the movie was actually "good". I really wish YouTube and Twitch had existed in those days.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Yeah opposite here for me with PC gamepass + series x. There has been zero reason to turn on my PlayStation. I already beat uncharted and God Of war years ago. Need some new games.

Caliane

im currently playing danganronpa on my ps5, a 10 year old weeb visual novel lol
yep. and, certainly have "saved" more money with it, then without. A ton of indie stuff, I was curious about but not enough to fork out cash for. but then some big name stuff too.
Both gives access to hidden gems, I wouldn't have spent money on. and, let me avoid wasting money on stinkers. Breathedge. looked interesting.. man am I glad I didnt buy it outright.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I've been enjoying my Series X so far. I haven't played a ton, as I don't have tons of game time these days. But it's nice to be able to game not sitting at the computer, and gaming on my C1 is fucking beautiful. It's gotten me playing single player games that I struggled playing on the PC, but I'm enjoying on the console like Darkest Dungeon.

Side note, I don't see the appeal of Bard's Tale. I played the first one for an hour or two, and it's pretty meh

• 2Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I've been enjoying my Series X so far. I haven't played a ton, as I don't have tons of game time these days. But it's nice to be able to game not sitting at the computer, and gaming on my C1 is fucking beautiful. It's gotten me playing single player games that I struggled playing on the PC, but I'm enjoying on the console like Darkest Dungeon.

Side note, I don't see the appeal of Bard's Tale. I played the first one for an hour or two, and it's pretty meh
Try out Fallout 3 / New Vegas or Red Dead Redemption with the FPS boost. Absolutely stunning if you got a bad ass TV/monitor.

• 1Like