Game Pass for Xbox and PC

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Side note, I don't see the appeal of Bard's Tale. I played the first one for an hour or two, and it's pretty meh

Like the original first one? It's not stellar, but was at the time and still has charm and I found it fun if you have extra gaming time. I quit part way through the next of the original trio feeling I had my fill of them.

The Bard's Tale ARPG I think they're calling it is a bit dated and janky at times, but I found it genuinely funny and enjoyable.

Haven't tried the newer one yet.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Having never played any of the fallout games I'm definitely tempted to give them a go
Fallout 1 and 2 absolutely hold up still through PC gamepass.

However this may sound like blasphemy to my Fallout brothers but I would strongly recommend you play fallout 3 and Vegas first. The reason behind this is they are newer and not many people can handle old isometric games these days. After that if you enjoy them (which you will) you will wanna go and play FO1 and FO2 for the story on gamepass pc. Also Fallout 3 and New Vegas for only the series X have a new addition called FPS boost which makes the game like a remaster. It’s fucking upscaled 4k with 60 FPS, HDR god damn10 with in house bug fixes that I don’t have on my nexus modded out 3090 rig. I’m telling ya it’s amazing.

I am super biased though. I do a annual New Vegas excursion with some friends and FoH/fallout Reddit peeps every year. I also took people around for comic con here in DC 10 years ago.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
I’ve been slowly playing through Fallout 3 again on the series X - really holds up well.

• 2Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I’ve been slowly playing through Fallout 3 again on the series X - really holds up well.
If you haven’t got down to the National Mall yet (Lincoln/ Washington Monument Smithsonian) just tell me when you do. I am not joking about the frames it will shock you.

My tv is 4k 120 frames though dunno if that matters here but ya looks amazing.

• 2Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I just have a pleb LG c6 55", but it's still the best monitor in my house. Days after I got my new PC set up on it my daughter decided she was sick of sharing a room with her little sister and kicked me out, so I'm back to my 120hz 1440p ultra-wide in my office, and no recliner. Working deals in the house to still get the recliner though.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Man, that game is getting panned pretty hard, the product page apparently doesn't even mention franchise mode and fans have been screaming for updates for years. Seems like if the devs could outright remove it they probably would at this point (and it's not clear if that's happened in 22 yet).

spronk

FPS noob
XGP_Coming-Soon_Feb_2022.jpg

Leaving February 15

• Control (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Code Vein (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age (Console and PC)
  • The Medium (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Project Winter (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • The Falconeer (Cloud, Console, and PC)

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Dreamscaper was added today as a nice surprise. Just put about 5 hours into it. Enjoying the variety of weapons/skills.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Has anyone ever been able to successfully take over an old WindowsApps folder from another drive after installing Windows? I don't wanna redownload every game.

spronk

FPS noob
rumor is Cyberpunk and Hot Wheels Unleashed coming to gamepass, announcement tomorrow

cyberpunks next gen patch is supposed to be announced tomorrow too so makes sense

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Starting to really hate PC Game Pass for what it does to my hard drives.

Having invisible partitions and protected folders and secret mounted VHDs is not something I am ever going to be fucking cool with.

• 1Solidarity

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
This is the one thing that kind of annoys me about gamepass, not having DLC's. Especially for indie games where DLC's can make a huge difference

Agreed. Some games I don't mind the free preview aspect to see if I want to buy. Some games like I imagine Civ VI is probably pointless without a full version.

spronk

FPS noob
i don't play many games on PC but my understanding was newer PC microsoft games (gamepass) aren't gonna continue to use UWP, so they should just install as regular folders and stuff?